Busch-Jaeger Free@Home

@kjoglums: Thanks for this explanation.
@ruebox: Any plan to update your alpha binding?
@all: Did somebody already update to the new firmware 2.4 and report about the status of this binding?

I am running FW 2.4, and the latest binding is still working.

I have also been able to establish virtual switches as part of the ABB developer program, and have modified the binding further to recognise and implement these switches.

Thus, I am now able to create custom scenes within F@H (activated from touch panels), connecting the scenes to trigger function of the virtual switches, where state changes are recognized by OH, thus enabling connection/control from the F@H environment to other systems/protocols integrated in OH.

@all developers: Have any Person Access to this Developer Portal?
Today I have seen in First Time a lot of Information about Cloud Api:

https://developer.eu.mybuildings.abb.com/getting-started

and I think thatā€™s the Cloud-WebSocket is the Same with the SysAp himself

Laubi

Hi Stian, maybe a stupid question: where can I find the latest binding that supports Ubuntu. Iā€™m running version 2.4.0 on my SysAP, but still cannot get a stable connection ā€¦ It shows ā€œonlineā€ for a fraction of a second periodically, but does not really seem to get a stable connection to the SysAP ā€¦

Enjoy your day !

Not sure how Ubuntu setup works compared compared to OpenHabian, but have you checked link, and performed similar clean cache/reboot?
Link

Including deleting F@H bridge after first setup, rebooting browser (for PaperUI purposes), reinstalling F@H bridge?

I asked for a method to use http calls in from Python on Openhab.
Sorry for that, my problem is solved by the REST-API documentation in Openhab. I should do better in studying the documentation en Openhab tutorials.

Hello, I have a problem with the GUI - when I reboot openhab states of the switches are not in right positions - for example the light is turned off but the icon shows green - once I control it once from openhab or from freeathome - the state is updated appropriately. Is this known issue?

Are you using MapDB to persist your items? If not, you should, because OH does not store values.

Hi all,

Iā€™m new here; I am/was a Home Assistant user but saw that development on that side for BJ Free@Home was stopped, so I thought; letā€™s switch to OpenHab then; because there is activity here. So started with a clean OpenHabian install on a RPI but whatever I try with my SysAP on FW 2.4 I keep getting this:

2019-12-27 11:43:22.034 [INFO ] [home.handler.FreeAtHomeBridgeHandler] - SysAP Info:2.4.0

2019-12-27 11:43:22.070 [INFO ] [home.handler.FreeAtHomeBridgeHandler] - Login: Gebruiker with the current jid: ***

2019-12-27 11:43:22.072 [INFO ] [home.handler.FreeAtHomeBridgeHandler] - Login: Installatie with the current jid: ***

2019-12-27 11:43:22.075 [INFO ] [home.handler.FreeAtHomeBridgeHandler] - Login: HA with the current jid: ***

2019-12-27 11:43:22.077 [INFO ] [home.handler.FreeAtHomeBridgeHandler] - Matching jid for login(HA) ***

2019-12-27 11:43:27.031 [WARN ] [core.thing.internal.ThingManagerImpl] - Initializing handler for thing ā€˜freeathome:bridge:401b4d1eā€™ takes more than 5000ms.

2019-12-27 11:43:27.105 [WARN ] [home.handler.FreeAtHomeBridgeHandler] - rocks.xmpp.core.session.NoResponseException: Timeout while waiting on advertised authentication mechanisms.

==> /var/log/openhab2/events.log <==

2019-12-27 11:43:27.110 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ā€˜freeathome:bridge:401b4d1eā€™ changed from INITIALIZING to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Can not connect to SysAP with address: 192.168.178.2

I tried al the steps of removing the bridge/clearing cache etc. but nothing seems to help. But I do see people using the 2.4 FW and saying they get connection.

Only thing I didnā€™t try is adding a custom addin (not form the markteplace) but Iā€™m not sure where I should put that (what folder).

Any help is much appreciated !

Then I guess you are running OH 2.5.0 version?

I tried upgrading from OH 2.4.0 to 2.5.0, but got the same ā€œTimeout while waiting on advertised authentication mechanismā€ (also running OpenHabian). This issue relates to the implemented rocks.xmpp library, and furthermore Jaxb / xml stream. OH 2.5.0 was just released, and uncertain what changes were made which breaks the F@H binding.

I am trying to figure out the issue, but remain on OH 2.4.0 stable release for now as the F@H binding then runs with success.

Iā€™ve got the same problem.
New user, running on OH 2.5.0 on Ubuntu to SysAp 2.4.0

2019-12-27 12:16:54.908 [WARN ] [core.thing.internal.ThingManagerImpl] - Initializing handler for thing ā€˜freeathome:bridge:2674b18dā€™ takes more than 5000ms.
2019-12-27 12:16:55.032 [WARN ] [rnal.handler.FreeAtHomeBridgeHandler] - Bridge connection lost. Updating thing status to OFFLINE.
2019-12-27 12:16:55.033 [WARN ] [rnal.handler.FreeAtHomeBridgeHandler] - Could not successfully get the getAll.xml from sysAP. Can happen if connecting to server takes too long.

2019-12-27 12:16:55.033 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ā€˜freeathome:bridge:2674b18dā€™ changed from INITIALIZING to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Can not connect to SysAP with address: 10.100.100.134

As mentioned in the previous post, there is a known issue with the F@H binding running OH 2.5.0. Working on a fix.

The binding still runs with success for OH 2.4.0 stable release.

after downgrading i still get an error but another one:

2019-12-27 14:15:19.170 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ā€˜freeathome:bridge:933a1e30ā€™ changed from INITIALIZING to UNINITIALIZED (HANDLER_INITIALIZING_ERROR): rocks.xmpp.core.session.Module: Provider rocks.xmpp.core.session.CoreModule not a subtype

Removed the addon, deleted misc cache and temp as reported earlier in this post and, added addon, restarted, added thing

Debug details:

==> /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log <==
2019-12-27 14:18:09.514 [WARN ] [core.thing.internal.ThingManagerImpl] - Initializing handler for thing ā€˜freeathome:bridge:933a1e30ā€™ takes more than 5000ms.
2019-12-27 14:18:09.696 [WARN ] [home.handler.FreeAtHomeBridgeHandler] - rocks.xmpp.core.session.NoResponseException: Timeout while waiting on advertised authentication mechanisms.

2019-12-27 14:18:09.697 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ā€˜freeathome:bridge:933a1e30ā€™ changed from INITIALIZING to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Can not connect to SysAP with address: 10.100.100.134

==> /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log <==
2019-12-27 14:18:09.700 [WARN ] [home.handler.FreeAtHomeBridgeHandler] - Could not successfully get the getAll.xml from sysAP. Can happen if connecting to server takes too long.

Strange, based on your debug log, where you still have Timeout while waiting on advertised authentication mechanisms, it seems like you havenĀ“t fully been able to clean cache.

For me, running OpenHabian, the following steps enabled me to run F@H binding successfully after downgrading from OH 2.5.0 to 2.4.0:

• Delete F@H bridge from PaperUI
  • ssh into OpenHab service
  • Stop OpenHab service: sudo systemctl stop openhab2.service
  • Remove tmp files: sudo rm -rf /var/lib/openhab2/tmp/*
  • Remove cache files: sudo rm -rf /var/lib/openhab2/cache/*
  • Remove backup files: sudo rm -rf /var/lib/openhab2/jsondb/backup/*
  • Remove cache: sudo openhab-cli clean-cache
  • Restart OpenHab service: sudo reboot
  • Create new F@H bridge in PaperUI

So i pretty sure i did the same thing last time, maybe not in the exact same sequence, anyhow. It now works for me, thanks for the help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply Stian!

Yes I am using OH 2.5, I think (latest OpenHabian release).

I am a bit confused when it comes to version numbers. OpenHabian (what Iā€™m using) uses 1.x version numbers; now 1.5 is the latest version. But this contains OpenHab 2.5 I assume. But since I donā€™t know how to downgrade I just picked the OpenHabian v1.4.1 version for the RPI to see if that helpsā€¦

Well, that didnā€™t help; downloaded an older OpenHabian (1.4.1) image but it still installs the latest OpenHab version (2.5); now the question is; how do I downgrade openHAB 2.5 to 2.4 ?

EDIT: Nevermind; a downgrade is more simple then I thought. Just had to run
sudo apt-get install openhab2=2.4.0-1

Now Iā€™m running OpenHab 2.4 and configured the FreeAtHome bridge and it went online instantly :D.

1 Like

Then I finally believe I made a breakthrough to update/enable Free@Home binding for OH 2.5.0. I myself have been struggling getting the binding running with 2.5.0, and have been ā€œstuckā€ at OH 2.4.0. If others would be willing to test, the jar file could be downloaded at:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aoa2B3iUQJCngoBIKRn58RgfxwCKzA?e=8lJY5o

Steps to follow (based on an existing F@H setup in OH using jar file in openhab2-addons folder and running OH from Raspberry):

• Delete existing F@H bridge (note thing ID: to be used for ā€œnewā€ Bridge)
  • Remove jar file from openhab2-addons folder
  • ssh into OpenHab service (Raspberry PI)
  • Stop OpenHab service: sudo systemctl stop openhab2.service
  • Remove tmp files: sudo rm -rf /var/lib/openhab2/tmp/*
  • Remove cache files: sudo rm -rf /var/lib/openhab2/cache/*
  • Remove backup files: sudo rm -rf /var/lib/openhab2/jsondb/backup/*
  • Remove cache: sudo openhab-cli clean-cache
  • Restart OpenHab service: sudo reboot
  • Update OH to 2.5.0
  • Add jar file from link above to openhab2-addons folder
  • Try to create new bridge from PaperUI (using thing ID from before to enable automatic link to existing things)
  • If not able to establish connection, try rebooting OH once again
    With successful connection, existing things should be automatically re-linked with the ā€œnewā€ bridge as long as the initial thing ID has been used during configuration in PaperUI.

Note
New OH 2.5.0 users, without having existing F@H setup in OH could do a fresh setup adding the jar file from link above into openhab2-addons folder and setting up bridge in PaperUI and performing an inbox scan for things to add.

Additional features from 2.4.0 version

• Disovery/implementation of virtual switches as created from ABB development program
  • Disovery/implementation of motion detectors without relay

Hi Stian,

have you tried to create a virtual switch via fhapi (ABB developer programm)?

Every time when I try to register a virtual switch my access point do a restart. Thus the registration fails with error code 100A.

Thanks,