Busch-Jaeger Free@Home

Appreciate the feedback.

I am actually aware of the opening of free@home API, and have become a subscribed developer. Although, it must be said, I am not a skilled programmer, so I haven’t been able to dig into learning/details yet.

@kjoglums The developer program sound promising. Is there a selection process or just sending an email request?

btw. does ABB only describe the cloud-based REST API or also the XMPP api used with SysAP?

ABB‘s APIs are cloud only, they want everyone to program against their regulated environment.

To be honest, smart home is not smart for me, if it depends on an „always on“ internet connection, and if a third party may limit functionality. Additionally, that raises serious privacy concerns. Maybe product usage data is currently not used for that, but the effort is getting lower for these companies to add additional sales models.

I think we should keep the current, „direct“ solution as long as possible.

2 Likes

@ruebox I received notification/subscription from DE-SmarterHomeDeveloper@abb.com, but you can just go to link below and follow the described steps (including sending email to ABB):

https://developer.eu.mybuildings.abb.com

Hi,

I fully agree. From my point of view, the main advantage of f@h is that it is not cloud-based, but can be installed completely isolated.

Thus, the binding will remain a “direct” solution (I hope that b+j) will keep this direct approach :wink:

OK, Thanks at all, my Bridge Works, a I have use an other Way to go Online :wink:

=> All my last Tests with any jar ended with:

2019-10-14 10:23:57.154 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘freeathome:bridge:dd5fe847’ changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Can not connect to SysAP with address: 172.16.2.76 to UNINITIALIZED
2019-10-14 10:23:57.210 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘freeathome:bridge:dd5fe847’ changed from UNINITIALIZED to OFFLINE (CONFIGURATION_ERROR): Bridge removed
2019-10-14 10:23:57.231 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘freeathome:bridge:dd5fe847’ changed from OFFLINE (CONFIGURATION_ERROR): Bridge removed to UNINITIALIZED (HANDLER_MISSING_ERROR)

But my Last Action was, Ignore this and Restart Openhab and at this Moment the Bridge goes Online.

Last but not least, I can’t find anything Thing behind the bridge, after enabled “Dummy Things” in the Bridge Configuration I get any Device, as Dummy.

It is Correct, that’s the Bridge Don’t Support any Wireless Equipment?
I Think that’s I Remember that Ruebox has Supportet the Wireless Actors.

Greetings
Laubi

Interessting for me:

I use one Scene “all Off” in my B+J and this is also an Dummy Interface

2019-10-14 10:37:56.838 [home.event.InboxAddedEvent] - Discovery Result with UID ‘freeathome:dummy:FFFF48020002’ has been added.

:-/

Ok, I can correct me:

I have an Automatic Scene, that’s get Number “4802”, after i make a new Custom Scene, I can see this at obenhab and can use this in Openhab

==> /var/log/openhab2/events.log <==
2019-10-14 10:51:56.381 [me.event.InboxRemovedEvent] - Discovery Result with UID 'freeathome:scene:FFFF48000003' has been removed.
2019-10-14 10:51:56.417 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'freeathome:scene:FFFF48000003' changed from UNINITIALIZED to INITIALIZING
2019-10-14 10:51:56.473 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'freeathome:scene:FFFF48000003' changed from INITIALIZING to ONLINE
2019-10-14 10:52:16.566 [.ItemChannelLinkAddedEvent] - Link 'ALLOFF_NeueSzene_4800_FFFF48000003_ActivateScene-freeathome:scene:FFFF48000003:activate' has been added.
2019-10-14 10:52:35.857 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item 'ALLOFF_NeueSzene_4800_FFFF48000003_ActivateScene' received command ON
2019-10-14 10:52:35.947 [nt.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - ALLOFF_NeueSzene_4800_FFFF48000003_ActivateScene predicted to become ON
2019-10-14 10:52:35.992 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - ALLOFF_NeueSzene_4800_FFFF48000003_ActivateScene changed from NULL to ON
2019-10-14 10:52:38.145 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - ALLOFF_NeueSzene_4800_FFFF48000003_ActivateScene changed from ON to OFF

Thanks for You Support!

The main features of the binding remains, including enabling 4.3" Touch panels (Thermostat function). The changes made for this version of the binding primarily involves changes to the Websocket/XMPP stream.

As I understand, the revised binding is now confirmed functional for SysAp version 2.2.4 and higher.

Yes Works The Binding from Your Last Link “3d ago”, HowTo Upgrade SysAp to >2.2.4 works fine with my SysAP (old Version) on Firmware: 2.3.1.

Also actualy I have added the wireless actors (only the Actor, not the Sensor) and can change the State of the Wireless Actor via Openhab and see alle state changes of the actor immediately.

If You like, I can make a dokumentation, how the actor must be added manually for Single and Double-Actors.

Thanks for Anything
Laubi

Hello, thanks for the working version. But I have a problem. All devices are shown to me (thermostats, blinds, scenes) - only no lights. Where is the mistake? Thanks! Stefan

Hallo zusammen :slight_smile:
As I updated my f@h System Access Point to 2.3.1 I lost my beautiful setup which was using @sstadlberger home to provide URLs which I accessed in OpenHab like shown above.

So now I want to use @ruebox binding. After installation via Marketplace, setting up the Bridge an rebooting OpenHab my bridge permanently changes from online to offline and back:

2019-10-20 10:26:33.214 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'freeathome:bridge:cccc1f12' changed from OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE): XMPP connection lost to ONLINE
2019-10-20 10:26:33.855 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'freeathome:bridge:cccc1f12' changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE): XMPP connection lost

What could be the solution?

Thank you!

Check out this one (link) to make it work. I tried it but have not been able to make things work so far. my F@H thermostat showed up but none of the lights…

Stian,

Yes, I can also confirm the bridge is back online with 2.3.1.

Looking for help.

My challenge is that B&J apparently ships F@H with different device-ID’s to The Netherlands. So, my discovery results with only 10% of my devices.

I am very interest to get this to work for my situation, and make a contribution if it would be helpful for other.

However, I have very little programming experience. But I managed to download the latest forked code, and started to add my device ID’s to the switch/case in the FreeAtHomeBindingDiscoveryService.java.

But when building, it throws an error on “import rocks.xmpp.addr can not be resolved”. Guess dependencies are set wrongly. But don’t know where to fix.

Can you help?

This seems to be related to the editable folders/files in the /lib folder.

These folders/files are used to customize the Websocket/XMPP part of the binding. Build path of the binding is set up to use .jar files from these folders, so that means that the folders must be mvn built.

So, if you are missing the target folders with .jar files in the 4 library folders you need to mvn build the folders. If using Eclipse IDE: Locate the pom files within each of the 4 folders, right click and perform maven install. Then you should get the missing target folders/jar files.

And for you, @ebustefan, @TF1382 and @williamvz:

Not sure why you don’t get discovery of certain devices. For the revised binding, no changes has been made to the core part of the binding, i.e. the discovery part. Maybe Busch-Jaeger also has made some additional features as part of the FW upgrade (language related, device serial related or similar) which cause problems. For me, having the English setup, having devices with serial ABB700XXXXX, using OpenHab 2.4.0, the binding (including discovery) works as it should.

Could suggest to try to “manually” generate the missing devices, but have no clue if it will work. Under Openhab/openHAB-conf/items folder, you could try to create a “light.items” file. Then use a editor (Visual Studio Code or similar) to edit the file. For a light/dimmer device, you can try to add into the lights.items file:

Switch          BryterBad1EtasjeSpeillys_DimmerSwitch   "Activate"     <switch>  {channel="freeathome:dimmer:DEVICESERIAL_ch0003:dimmer_switch"}
Rollershutter   BryterBad1EtasjeSpeillys_DimmerFading   "Fading"    <light>     {channel="freeathome:dimmer:DEVICESERIAL_ch0003:dimmer_fading"}
Dimmer          BryterBad1EtasjeSpeillys_DimmerValue    "Dimmer value" <slider>  {channel="freeathome:dimmer:DEVICESERIAL_ch0003:dimmer_value"}

Where you replace DEVICESERIAL with your actual serial (as seen from SysAp GUI).

Maybe this could trigger the discovery of missing things (lights in this case).

Stian,

Thanks for your help. I found an empty class folder in xmpp-core.
I plan to invest some time tonight and try mvn build. Will confirm.

Erik

Hi all,

I have also update my F&H System Access Point to 2.3.1 and have similar connection problems:

2019-11-02 15:32:27.426 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'freeathome:bridge:a4d729ce' changed from OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE): XMPP connection lost to ONLINE
2019-11-02 15:32:28.065 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'freeathome:bridge:a4d729ce' changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE): XMPP connection lost

The connection is swapping between online and offline.
I have read the conversation to this thread carefully and tried also the solution from #143.
I have checked the solution several times by using the B@H binding via Paper UI and EclipseMarketPlace:

and also by copying the jar file from https://github.com/ruebox/openhab2-addons/releasesdirectly to the Addon folder.

Without success. The connection problem remains:

I have checked this behavior at another OH2 docker instance with the same results. No connection.

What I am doing wrong?
How can I fix the problem?

Edit: F@H version V2.3.1 Revision 7475 2019/09/04

Kind Regards
Thomas

Update:
The problem is fixed and the F&H Binding is online.
I have to clean some additional folders.
Here is my procedure:

1. ssh into OpenHab service (Raspberry PI)
  2. Stop OpenHab service: sudo systemctl stop openhab2.service
  3. Remove tmp files: sudo rm -rf /var/lib/openhab2/tmp/*
  4. Remove cache files: sudo rm -rf /var/lib/openhab2/cache/*
  5. Remove backup files: sudo rm -rf /var/lib/openhab2/jsondb/backup/*
  6. Remove cache: sudo openhab-cli clean-cache
  7. Restart OpenHab service: sudo reboot

Step 4 and 5 is additional to #143.

BR
Thomas

2 Likes

Hello kjoglums,
Hello forum members,

sorry for my bad english, i work with google translate.
First of many thanks for the binding it works great with the FW 2.3.1 only one problem I have. Maybe you can help me there. My weather station displays only the temperature. In wind and illumination “-NaN m / s and -NaN lux” are displayed. Likewise, the indicator for rain does not work. Can you help me here?
Best regards and thank you