Configuring OH3 for Rm4 via broadlink-mqtt

I need help with configure Openhab to send IR signal back to turn AC on/off and set up Rules for it to run on schedule after. - through a Broadlink devices RM4

• Platform information:

• Hardware: Dell Inspiron 7548/ RM4 mini
    • Java Runtime Environment: OpenJDK Runtime Environment Zulu11.45+27-CA
    • openHAB version: 3.0.1
    • Mqtt Broker: Mosquitto
    • Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS (GNU/Linux 4.4.0-19041-Microsoft x86_64) as terminal
  • Issue of the topic: Configure Openhab to send recorded IR signal through broadlink-mqtt scripts for turn on/off AC in schedule

I have 2 recorded IR signal for Power on/Power off as text files . Mosquitto Broker online through binding and Generic Mqtt thing online in OH3. Dont know how to link the signal files to the topic
Any help is very appreciated !

You can link an item to the command channel of the broadlink thing and use a .map file which you link in the profile settings.
Then when, i.e. putting the item to “ON” it will use the map file to convert that to the IR signal and send it with the command channel to the broadlink device.

Example below from my config:

Thing and Channel:

Item config:

Rule:

Map file:

You could also send those commands direct to the command channel via one item, I prefer to split it though.

2 Likes
  • Where do you put the broadlink.map file ? is it in openhab/conf/maps or /conf/items
  • The Rule picture you have “Edit script” at the top right, which one is it ?

I’m kinda struggling quite a bit. This is what i did, is it correct ? I dont know Javascript so if you can example the script part for my case, it would help a lot !

xxx.map type files for transformation use belong in /conf/transform, which should already exist with a couple of samples.

Hi @Tu_n_Long

Were you able to make it work?

The tutorials I’m finding are pre-rm4 versions of broadlink and I have a Broadlink RM4 Mini which I’m hoping to integrate with OH3. Did you use this:

If you have a link to the guide please let me know, thanks.

I have an RM4C Mini which I integrate with openHAB via the same broadlink-mqtt as mentioned by the OP:

Perhaps this helps, as it’s a post-RM4 tutorial…