ConnectedCar Binding myAudi, Volkswagen, VW ID, Skoda, Enyaq, Seat, Ford, WeCharge

Is anyone currently successfully running the binding with Ford ?

Thanks for this binding! I have some issues related to a 2022 VW E-Up and faulty channel handling. I’ve summarized the issues over at github here: https://github.com/markus7017/myfiles/issues/10

The real show-stopper is the inability to turn on the heater. The log says the API call to VWs rest api has invalid payload.

Anyone else with the same experience?

Hi, the heater/climater channels are a problem with the VW ID.3 as well - it is neither possible to switch it on/off nor to set the temperature (temperature is being read only from the car). Remaining climatisation time on the other hand is shown correctly. Channel for the climatisation state is not changing at all:
Screenshot 2022-11-08 111103

I can’t get it to work on a Ford Mustang Mach-E. It doesn’t accept the connection. These are my log files:

2022-11-18 09:33:11.993 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'connectedcar:ford:fordPassBridge' changed from UNINITIALIZED (DISABLED) to INITIALIZING
2022-11-18 09:33:12.012 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'connectedcar:ford:fordPassBridge' changed from INITIALIZING to UNKNOWN
2022-11-18 09:33:12.460 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'connectedcar:ford:fordPassBridge' changed from UNKNOWN to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Initialization failed: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Expected BEGIN_OBJECT but was STRING at line 1 column 151 path $.error ( Unable to parse '{"error_description":"CSIAQ0172E The grant type [password] is not supported. Supported grant types are [authorization_code, refresh_token].","error":"unsupported_grant_type"}')
2022-11-18 09:33:13.281 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'connectedcar:ford:fordPassBridge' changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Initialization failed: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Expected BEGIN_OBJECT but was STRING at line 1 column 151 path $.error ( Unable to parse '{"error_description":"CSIAQ0172E The grant type [password] is not supported. Supported grant types are [authorization_code, refresh_token].","error":"unsupported_grant_type"}') to UNINITIALIZED
2022-11-18 09:33:13.297 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'connectedcar:ford:fordPassBridge' changed from UNINITIALIZED to UNINITIALIZED (DISABLED)

Hello, I’m a beginner and I have some questions as I can’t connect to my Audi Q4.

I installed the thing as a bridge (myAudi account (CarNet)) and then installed a vehicle with VIN and PIN.
Neither Bridge nor Vehicle go online.

The bridge shows: "COMMUNICATION_ERROR
Initialization failed: Account has no registered vehicles, go to online port and add at least 1 vehicle "

The vehicle shows: "BRIDGE_UNINITIALIZED
Account Thing is not initialized! "

What do I have to do to access the Audi?

Hi

I have a VW iD3 (77KWh battery) with elli wall box and would like to try this binding for OH3.3. Where can I find it as I cannot see it under official supported or community bindings?

PJG

Hi - you need to manually add it to your OH bindings. The latest snapshot for the binding can be found here:

ID.3 here as well! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi

I have manually added the binding to my OH as you suggested. Thanks :grinning:

However, I still have not found any documentation on how to set it up in OH 3.3. For the iD3, I assume I will need a WeConnect bridge to connect to the WW ID Vehicle thing and a WeCharge bridge for the ID.Charger (wall box).

The bridges both have default username (numbers) and passwords, but these do not work so I assume I have to find the correct values for my car and wallbox. Any suggestions on where to look would help.

PJG

Seems like Ford is not working in general anymore

I searched back through these posts and eventually found a link to a readme file, although it is dated August 2021. (Post by cwi Jun10 2022). The section for the iD3 states:-

Blockquote

WeConnect ID.: VW ID.3/ID.4

Select this account type only if you have an ID. electrical car. For other models select the Volkswagen (CarNet) account thing type (see above for further information).

VW ID. Account Thing (vwid)

You need the credentials used for the myVolkswagen portal (the WeConnect. portal has been shut down). If you don’t already have one you need to create a Volkswagen ID and add the vehicle there.

Parameter Description Mandatory Default
user User ID for your myVolkswagen account (same as login id for the myVolkswagen portal) yes none
password Password for the myVolkswagen account (same as portal) yes none

I then went on to the myvolkswagen portal. The user is my email address by default and I then changed my password as I had forgotten the old one.

I then created a Volkswagen ID. Account (WeConnect) thing with these credentials. The thing seemed to initialise correctly

However, when I tried to create a VW ID Vehicle, I get a error saying the Bridge is Unititalised.

As an experiment, I tried a random password for the bridge, but it still showed that it initialised correctly.

I will delete both things and start again with logging set.

PJG

CreateVWAccount.log (90.4 KB)

Here is the part of the openhab.log when I created the VW ID Account thing. Seems to do a lot of stuff, but I cannot see any Fail Messages.

When I tried to create the VW ID Car thing the only message was

2022-11-20 12:26:19.498 [DEBUG] [ar.internal.handler.ThingBaseHandler] - WVWZZZE1ZN8002433: Initializing!

The error.log gave

2022-11-20 12:26:19.496 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'connectedcar:idvehicle:iD3Car' changed from UNINITIALIZED to INITIALIZING
2022-11-20 12:26:19.499 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'connectedcar:idvehicle:iD3Car' changed from INITIALIZING to UNKNOWN: Initializing
2022-11-20 12:26:22.508 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'connectedcar:idvehicle:iD3Car' changed from UNKNOWN: Initializing to OFFLINE (BRIDGE_UNINITIALIZED): Account Thing is not initialized!

PJG

Hi PJG,
sorry to ask - but your ID.3 has been added to your My Volkswagen Account? You can see it on the web site under my vehicles?
In addition, have you made sure to activate mobile online services in the We Connect ID App resp. in the setttings for your We Connect account on the web?
If you make changes, you can simply disable and re-enable the bridges in openHAB to quickly check the results.
Dirk

Hi Dirk

I have made some progress today. I created a new instance of OH3.3 with just the ConnectedCar binding in */addons. I then sucessfully created a WeConnect ID account thing. What I failed to realize before was that this AUTOMATICALLY created a second vehicle thing with the VIN of my car. Once I added this using the Equipment from Thing option in the semantic model, I have all the channels provided by my car. :smiley:

Tomorrow, I will document what I did with screen shots to help others with a similar setup.

PJG

1 Like

Hi.
I just downloaded and installed the newest snapshot (connectedcar_snapshot_20220930) to get the new updates for my Enyaq, and I hoped it would fix an issue I have but it didn’t. By binding seems to just stop updating after a while (around a day or so - not fixed). Both account and the car things are online - it just stops updating the item values. To get it updating again I need to disable and enable the account thing. Then everything works fine for some time, and then stops updating again. I have had this issue for a while, and as mentioned, the new snapshot did not fix it. Any ideas?
/feldt

To help others avoid hours of work getting this binding to work for the VW iD3, here is a step by step guide.

Prerequisites

1. A WeConnect account with the car registered in the garage. To check this, you will need to log in at myvolkswagen.net. Unless you changed it, your VW Identity (username) is your email address and you will have set your own password. You should see a screen like this.

1. A WeConnect app on your smart phone. Under Settings > Privacy > Mobile online services, make sure all functions are enabled.

2. Copy the latest ConnectedCar binding to C:\openHAB\addons if you are running Windows. I did this and then used WinSCP to transfer it to the /usr/share/openhab/addons directory on my Openhabian system running on a Raspberry PI.

Installation

1. The ConnectedCar binding should appear in the bindings list.

1. Click on it and select the Volkswagen ID. Account (We Connect) Thing

1. Enter the WeConnect Username and Password and create the account thing.

1. This create the VW Account thing in the list of things. It will also create a separate thing representing the car associated with the account in the Inbox. Open the Inbox and add the car manually by clicking on it and giving it a name. It will show up on the list of things.

1. Now you can now go to your semantic model and use the Create Equipment from Thing to install the Car. By setting the advanced option, I got two extra range point values and more url images of the car.

1. All the available values (points) are now available in the model.

Now to build a display and get the wall box working.

PJG

I have exactly the same problem for my Audi A3 etron. The (de-)activation action on both things also updates all items once.

I made a simple display page in the UI

All the values returned from the car are updated correctly. :smiley: I can also turn the A/C and the charging on and off with the switches. However, a revised temperature set on the slider is not written to the car.

More importantly for me, I cannot control the charging rate. The value of charger_MaxChargingCurrent should be adjustable over a range of currents

However, the car continues to charge at the rate (10KW or 6KW) as set in the car, even if I stop and reset the charging with the control_Charge switch, Should this work?

I have tried to set my Elli wall box, but trying to initialise the WeCharge thing fails, even though I use the same username and password as the WeConnect thing. Here is the log file.

WeConnectInitFAILED.txt (41.4 KB)

Any suggestions?

PJG

I have just read the README note again. It would seem that the MaxChargingCurrent is READ ONLY :grimacing:. The control_Charge point is also listed as READ ONLY, but I have been able to use it to turn the charger on and off after starting the charging manually. Is this an error in the documentation or have VW updated their software. I am still on version 2.3 of the iD3 software. I still cannot manage to get the WeCharge account thing to initialise, but this may not matter as there are no data fields in the Wallbox thing that would allow me to adjust the charging rate.

My aim is simple. I have a PV system on my garage. I want to leave the car plugged in, but only charge it when the sun is shining.

Has anyone managed to make it work with this binding?
PJG

For my Enyaq I experience the same (when the binding actually works for short periods of time). Control_Charge works fine (both from a screen element, from rules and even from Google Assistant), but MaxChargingCurrent has no affect what so ever. It does not change anything in the car, and settings in the car does not affect the point.

I restarted the connectedcar binding and activated debugging, and it seems there is an issue with renewing the token. After 4-5 updates (15 minutes apart) I got this:

2022-11-23 19:08:45.981 [DEBUG] [ctedcar.internal.api.IdentityManager] - : Refreshing Token eyJraWQiO
<lots_of_chars>
whPtE

2022-11-23 19:08:45.985 [DEBUG] [nectedcar.internal.api.ApiHttpClient] - : HTTP POST https://mbboauth-1d.prd.ece.vwg-connect.com/mbbcoauth/mobile/oauth2/v1/token

2022-11-23 19:08:46.324 [DEBUG] [nectedcar.internal.api.ApiHttpClient] - : HTTP 400 Response: {“error”:“unsupported_grant_type”,“error_description”:“refresh_token grant type is not supported for T1 refresh tokens”}

2022-11-23 19:08:46.326 [DEBUG] [ctedcar.internal.api.IdentityManager] - : Unable to refresh token: API call failed POST https://mbboauth-1d.prd.ece.vwg-connect.com/mbbcoauth/mobile/oauth2/v1/token (HTTP 400 null), result = {“error”:“unsupported_grant_type”,“error_description”:“refresh_token grant type is not supported for T1 refresh tokens”}

2022-11-23 19:08:46.326 [DEBUG] [ctedcar.internal.api.IdentityManager] - : Token refresh failed and current accessToken is expired