ConnectedCar Binding myAudi, Volkswagen, VW ID, Skoda, Enyaq, Seat, Ford, WeCharge

Hmm… The last update just before the token error was at 19:04 (matching the 15 minute intervals). This went well, but then 4 minutes later I got the token error mentioned before. It then tried once more with a LOOOT of loggings (including what seems to be updates on most points), and then ends up with the following being the last activity. general_LastUpdate stays at 19:04. Nothing more happens.

2022-11-23 19:19:24.982 [DEBUG] [nectedcar.internal.api.ApiHttpClient] - : HTTP POST https://tokenrefreshservice.apps.emea.vwapps.io/exchangeAuthCode

2022-11-23 19:19:25.228 [DEBUG] [nectedcar.internal.api.ApiHttpClient] - : HTTP 200 Response: {“access_token”:“eyJra…<lots_of_chars>…e4yAZ0M”,“token_type”:“bearer”,“expires_in”:3599}

2022-11-23 19:19:25.232 [DEBUG] [ctedcar.internal.api.IdentityManager] - Skoda-E: accessToken was created, valid for 2880sec

2022-11-23 19:19:25.234 [DEBUG] [nectedcar.internal.api.ApiHttpClient] - : HTTP GET https://api.connect.skoda-auto.cz/api/v1/position/vehicles/TMBJB9NY9NF009138/parking-position

2022-11-23 19:19:25.274 [DEBUG] [nectedcar.internal.api.ApiHttpClient] - : HTTP 403 Response:

2022-11-23 19:19:25.277 [DEBUG] [ng.connectedcar.internal.api.ApiBase] - : API call getValues_position/vehicles.parking-position failed: class org.openhab.binding.connectedcar.internal.api.ApiSecurityException Forbidden GET https://api.connect.skoda-auto.cz/api/v1/position/vehicles//parking-position (HTTP 403 Forbidden)

2022-11-23 19:19:25.278 [DEBUG] [ectedcar.internal.api.ApiBaseService] - Service status is not available!

In case anyone is interested, I created a dashboard for my Audi A6: Openhab connected car dashboard · GitHub
I’ve also attached a sample config for the link with item names / channels.

It looks overall like this:

1 Like

Hi All,

I have tried to get this working with my Ford vehicle. I couldnt get any of the bindings to work with the account credentials and have updated my password a couple of times. I am currently using binding 3.3.0.

The output is:

COMMUNICATION_ERROR

Initialization failed: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Expected BEGIN_OBJECT but was STRING at line 1 column 151 path $.error ( Unable to parse ‘{“error_description”:“CSIAQ0172E The grant type [password] is not supported. Supported grant types are [authorization_code, refresh_token].”,“error”:“unsupported_grant_type”}’)

It looks like the ford portion isnt working?

Thanks
rahimlee54

Since 2022/12/04 I get no connection to we connect (vw.id)
It did work flawless before, but in the last two days I had to reconnect the car to the account (strange error message in the car…)
However, the smartphone App does work as expected (after I reconnected the car)

But the openHAB connectedcar bridge stayed with connection error, until I changed the thing id (which of course resulted in a new thing).
Since then, Bridge and Thing are shown ONLINE, but there are no channels at all.

The error persists with version connectedcar 3.2 and 3.3

This is what I get from DEBUG Level:

21:13:15.514 [DEBUG] [nnectedcar.internal.api.ApiHttpClient] - WVWZZZExxxxxxxxxx: HTTP GET https://mobileapi.apps.emea.vwapps.io/vehicles/WVWZZZExxxxxxxxxx/status
21:13:15.662 [DEBUG] [nnectedcar.internal.api.ApiHttpClient] - WVWZZZExxxxxxxxxx: HTTP 404 Response: {"message":"Not Found"}
21:13:15.663 [DEBUG] [ing.connectedcar.internal.api.ApiBase] - WVWZZZExxxxxxxxxx: API call getVehicleStatus failed: API call failed GET https://mobileapi.apps.emea.vwapps.io/vehicles/WVWZZZExxxxxxxxxx/status (HTTP 404 Not Found), result = {"message":"Not Found"}

Of course the VIN is set correctly and only here typed with xx

Any Ideas?

2 Likes

Does this binding work for ID.4 in USA?
I do not see if there is a configuration file to set what country to try to log into VW for.

First I got an error that I had to accept terms and conditions so I setup an account on the Germany VW site.
Now I get ‘Forbidden’ as a status for the binding.

Did you manage to get it working? There don’t appear to be many Ford drivers on here…

did anyone get the climater (on/off) to work with an e-tron?

Hello, I have created a VW We Connect connection and I get the message: “Consent missing. Login to the Web App and give consent: openid cars vin profile”. But I can’t find a way to enable this connection on the VW We Connect website. Can someone tell me where to find this setting?
Thanks a lot.

+1
Hello. Same Issue on my side. Car is ID3, Connected car stopped working on 2022/12/05 after working glueless for month.
VW Smartphone app works, Connectedcar Bridge and thing in OH3 are “green”
and re-connect after turned off and back on.
I have tried different versions of the connectedcar binding - but no difference.
No channels seem to be found.

I logged into the VW WeConnect website to find any new consent or confirmation box, but nothing.

No idea so far on my side.

1 Like

To add a minor information:
I created the Account for the car in June, 22, maybe (not 100% sure) at June, 4th 2022…
So maybe the account was exact six months old as it stopped working.

Hi. Another guy with a Cupra Born. Agree on Cupra-Connect API derived from VW Id :slight_smile: …, and that I don’t have the capability to code it :frowning:

Lookking for a little help, everything works great but the vaulues are in Km instead Miles. i thought this uses the the system regional config info. any help on resolvoing would be greatful

Many thanks

Same thing for me as for many others.
Bridge (CarNet Account) and Thing (2020 VW Passat) are online and marked as green. But there is no output given and channels are gone after restarting my openhab.

Tried several things like deleting and discovering the car again. Deleting and do a fresh install of the binding. Nothing works at the moment.

I am using OH3.4 and the linked snapshot in the first post.

Same thing.
I noticed that when I log in to the Volkswagen account that since a few days the picture of my vehicle is missing there. So it could be that Volkswagen has problems with the API. With you the picture still there in the account?
Alternatively problem with Openhab 3.4 an connectedcar 3.3.0-SNAPSHOT 202210010059.
Someone has an idea who could fix this?

I have an OpenWB Wallbox which is also connected to the VW ID API via the EV Modul.
At the same time as the Connectedcar Plugin stopped working also the EV Modul stopped working.
Meanwhile an update for the OpenWB has been published which fixed the issue.

To me it looks like the API has changed. See https://github.com/snaptec/openWB/pull/2542/commits/d64249bc67d298d914c037943f76e5729a522938
The service name seems to have changed from
“/vehicles/” + vin + “/status”
to

“/vehicles/” + vin + “/selectivestatus?jobs=all”

Maybe this helps to do a fix of the Binding.

Best regards,

Kai

I think I found the place where the change has to be done:
In WeConnectApi.java the method

private WCVehicleStatus getWCStatus() throws ApiException {
        ApiHttpMap params = crerateParameters();
        return callApi("", "vehicles/{2}/status", params.getHeaders(), "getVehicleStatus",
                WCVehicleStatusData.class).data;
    }

has to be fixed. I am not able to do the fix myselfe and build a new version of the addon.
@tknaller are you able to do this?

Hope this helps.

Best Kai

It seems something changed in 2023, the API call fails (for the Enyaq Account):

COMMUNICATION_ERROR
Initialization failed: API call failed POST https://tokenrefreshservice.apps.emea.vwapps.io/exchangeAuthCode (HTTP 400 Bad Request), result = {“description”:“Invalid identity token.”,“errorCode”:“REQUEST_DATA_INVALID”}

Any ideas?

I’m running openHAB 3.3.0 with the connectedcar 20220930 snapshot. Had the last data coming from my Enyaq today (01.01.2023 10am).

1 Like

I can also confirm with OH 3.4 and / or change on 24th of December, things stay online / green, channels disappear but no data any more.

I switched to using the commandline to deliver the values to mqtt via WeConnect-cli and a cronjob-script.
WeConnect-cli seems to be properly maintained.

You can find everything you need here (Warning: it’s quite a bit of work):

1 Like

Hi @fregger65,

thanks for the nice hint! I noticed, that there is already a tool for sending weconnect information to mqtt from the same developper:

It does the job very well and works out of the box. I have my ID3 data back online in openHAB via MQTT and this tiny tool, nevertheless the ConnectedCar Binding did the job with less of work. But this tool seems to be a quite good alternative, as long as the connectedCar Binding is broken for weconnect.

2 Likes