ConnectedCar Binding myAudi, Volkswagen, VW ID, Skoda, Enyaq, Seat, Ford, WeCharge

Well unfortunately this does not yet work for the Skoda Enyaq…

However, regarding the connectedcar binding I can say both the Skoda Account bridge as well as the Enyaq thing came back online again, but as its was said already, ALL channels disappeared.

Any ideas on that?

Dear @ulrichpa,
i had these days a comparable behaviour on OH3.4 and still “old”, manually added connectedcar 20220930 snapshot my Skoda account and enyaq were not able to get online.
In the binding i added again an account and an enyaq was found automatically, but this enyaq was different. I had to enter a security PIN and it did not offer any channel. After removing my old account and enyaq became online again (without security PIN and nearly all channels).
Maybe the manual adding of your enyaq might help.
Kind regards pudermueller

Many thanks for your adivce, that pretty much solved the problem. I also noticed that that manually added Enyaq thing did not have the bridge lined in its code. I had to add it manually to bring it online.

As it seems all channels (also the new ones) are available. However, neither the manual update of the data not the automatic data update seems to work. Only disable/enable the bridge for a short time brings in the current data.

Any suggestions on that issue?

Hi, I have switched to this tool as well and want to share my experience.
In my case, I have an MQTT infrastructure with some devices (ESPs/Tasmotas) running anyway.
The WeConnect-to-MQTT runs in a docker container on my Synology NAS.
I could not make it work directly on same RPi as OH runs, since the Python Version is too old there.
Now everything is in place and runs smoothly together with my ID3.
During configuration, there is no difference or setting to support different VW brand cars. It runs with WeConnect by using your Login and PW.
To identify the mqtt items, I have used an MQTT-scanner to log-on to the local MQTT Server.
Best Thing: The climater control for ID3 works for the first time. And the Charging Target-Level
can be set. Alot more settings are accessible than before.

A massive amount of information about my own car, indeed…
There is also a topic with “all” topics listed, but this is incomplete :slight_smile: e.g. parking position and measurements are not listed (odometer…)

And unfortunately there is no way to get live information (aka tracking). Shame on Volkswagen, because the information is available (got a rental car before christmas from VW and it always displayed “car is tracked by …” (name of the dealer).

Hi,

i had the same Problem Vehicle and Bridge are Online with no Channels.

Currently i got it working with the following steps.

1. note from online Vehicle in the Code Site the Bridge config und Pin
  2. delete online Vehicle
  3. add manual a Enyaq Vehicle
  4. paste in the new Vehicle Thing Code the Bride UID and PIN
  5. come online with channels

i thing there is some problems with the generated Vehicle…

@NetSpider tried this way to bring back the channels for my 2020 Passat Variant but didn’t work.

So for now I use the MQTT solution but there is also a lack of channels compared to the connectedcar binding.

Information regarding the tires and the last trip are missing as well as the oil level percentage.

Exactly, good description!

Did you get the “control update” function working? I ony get new data when I restart the bridge…

Cheers

@tknaller : Maybe you can help here and do your magic? Enyaq data does not update unless you disable/enable the bridge.

Many thanks!

i am currently too far away from java to continue coding - for that “re-enable” issue i have a rule with cron every minute and this ECMAScript-2021 :slight_smile: restartSkoda.js · GitHub

what i just noticed as the car is first time on the move without me in it plus while i’m looking at the binding: while the car is moving something crashes in the binding and some updates (like lastupdate) don’t work (when the app says “vehicle is in motion” on the navigation-tab)

i solved this the same way.

it fails round about after 16-30 min. with an Interval of 15 min it runs 2 times. +0 and +15.
i got no new logs in trace…

i got errors in the car thing when the bridge restarts to fast. currently i set it offline for 1 min after every cycle.

but realy who need it in this short intervals :smiley:

Many thanks, this workaround seems to work fairly well. Cheers!

The problem with CarNet (and probably also We Connect) is that the URI https://vehicle-image.apps.emea.vwapps.io/vehicleimages/exterior/{2} does no longer exist. I tried to find out the new URI to grab Images, but I failed so far. Anyone an idea what the new URI is?

Will this binding still be maintained?

2 Likes

@tknaller

Ok, then it is probably the case that there will be no further development here. :sleepy:

That would actually be a big pity! Especially with electric cars, there can be generated quite some value with integrating the car. Just considering optimized charging in conjunction with the photovoltaik system or may flexible energy prices.

I see this as one of the most important bindings for the future. Would be great when the development somehow continues. Unfortunately I have no idea about coding a binding, I could just support in testing it with a Cupra Born.

2 Likes

a temporary solution would be to disable the image function? or are other URLs affected?

I can recommend evcc for this use case. This program can also query some values ​​from your vehicle such as battery status, mileage, state of charge and whether the plug is plugged in. However, I also miss connectedcar as a binding, because I have always queried the locking status via openhab and unfortunately that is currently not possible.

Thanks for this tip bananajoe86. I have already heard about it and will implement it in case there is no progress with this binding.

evcc looks actually great and powerful. However, as I have implemented my Kostal inverter as well as the Alfen wall box already in openHAB, I would like to avoid setting up another system.