ConnectedCar Binding myAudi, Volkswagen, VW ID, Skoda, Enyaq, Seat, Ford, WeCharge

That’s what I did and it works fine for me. Would love to get the correct URL though to keep all features up…

Could you please publish your changes or the compiled Binding?

1 Like

as markus appears to be unable to continue developing the binding i might take up on it. let’s start by you trusting me with with your account information @HSorgYves so i can get the binding running again for vw + i will fix the skoda-restart-binding-bug and we’ll see how we continue from there

greetings from the rainy part of Austria (we only had a bit of snow on sunday, now it’s just wet :/)

6 Likes

That sounds nice! If you need any VW Commercial vehicles Account to test ist, contact me.I can test it with my vehicle.
Greetings from southern Germany.

Awesome, if you need any Enyaq Account Information just contact me :muscle::+1:

Great news. I can help with a CarNet and soon with a WeConnect account. I have basic skills in openHAB development…

Regarding my fix for CarNet, I changed src/main/java/org/openhab/binding/connectedcar/internal/api/carnet/BrandCarNetVW.java, line 73 by adding “false &&” to the if make it fail all the time as the URL on line 75 does no longer work.

I guess the same change is needed for WeConnect in …/weconnect/BrandWeConnect.java line 122.

Let me know when I can help!

1 Like

Just adding to say that I am using this binding (October 1st '22 version) for quite some time already and that it is still very useful and working for my Audi although some channels went missing over time such as parkingBrake, tempOutside and the window positions (not the most important ones fortunately).

I would be happy to assist with testing and debugging, just let me know!

Greetings from the Netherlands :smiley:

1 Like

Can you please share the link where you got the current binding? Thanks!

This is the one I am using now: Release connectedcar_snapshot_20220930 · tknaller/openhab-addons · GitHub.

1 Like

Thanks @tknaller, its a great binding and I use it alot to manage my car charging with my solar system. Your help is much appreciated.

Is the current binding supported with all openhab versions? I am (still) using 2.5.12 and wonder if I will be able to use it. Might test this later today but thought maybe someone might know

No the binding only works with Openhab 3.0 and higher as I experienced.

everything seems to be still working for except Outside temp & Parking brake

I used this binding a while ago until it broke and it was unclear if it’s still maintained.
Anyway I was following this thread and gave it another try and most things seemed to work.
Now I upgraded from OpenHAB 3.4 to 3.4.1 and I’m wondering if that broke something as I now get the following error in the log:

2023-01-25 14:45:19.158 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall        ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab/addons/org.openhab.binding.connectedcar-3.3.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.connectedcar [26]
  Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.openhab.core.config.core

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:463) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.17.200.jar:?]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:445) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.17.200.jar:?]
        at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1260) [bundleFile:3.7.4]
        at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1233) [bundleFile:3.7.4]
        at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:520) [bundleFile:3.7.4]
        at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:365) [bundleFile:3.7.4]
        at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:316) [bundleFile:3.7.4]

Any ideas?

Can anyone confirm this is working for Ford owners in the UK? i’ve tried the binding a few times and can’t seem to get it connected.

removed no-longer-existing image urls for vw weconnect/carnet & rebased to official 3.4.x (3.4.2) → yes the binding only works with current 3.4.x releases.

i can continue developing for skoda enyaq with my own car - for others i would someone to trust me with their account information.

2 Likes

Still does not work as expected, :frowning:

2023-01-27 02:23:47.689 [DEBUG] [ar.internal.handler.ThingBaseHandler] - id3: Remote Control Service status is available

2023-01-27 02:23:47.690 [DEBUG] [ar.internal.handler.ThingBaseHandler] - id3: Adding channel definition for channel general#lastUpdate
2023-01-27 02:23:47.690 [DEBUG] [ar.internal.handler.ThingBaseHandler] - id3: Adding channel definition for channel control#update
2023-01-27 02:23:47.690 [DEBUG] [nectedcar.internal.api.ApiHttpClient] - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: HTTP GET https://mobileapi.apps.emea.vwapps.io/vehicles/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/status
2023-01-27 02:23:47.846 [DEBUG] [nectedcar.internal.api.ApiHttpClient] - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: HTTP 404 Response: {"message":"Not Found"}
2023-01-27 02:23:47.846 [DEBUG] [ng.connectedcar.internal.api.ApiBase] - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: API call getVehicleStatus failed: API call failed GET https://mobileapi.apps.emea.vwapps.io/vehicles/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/status (HTTP 404 Not Found), result = {"message":"Not Found"}
2023-01-27 02:23:47.847 [DEBUG] [ar.internal.handler.ThingBaseHandler] - id3: Thing is now online

Car is available via App and weconnect-mqtt. vin is correct (never changed after creating the Thing)

apparantly there are more urls broken, not just the vehicle images…

1 Like

There were two posts about this on Dec 22 by kaihoefler. I will get my ID.3 on Wednesday and will be able to test this myself.

1 Like

@tknaller thanks for the new build.
i get now data from my VW GOLF7 GTE again.

One thing is not working correctly.
The CarMoving Status receives no status. had not worked in the versions before.
i have enabled the debugging an added some additional logger.debug lines.

here is my log when the car is moving.

2023-01-27 17:42:19.615 [DEBUG] [nectedcar.internal.api.ApiHttpClient] - XXXXXXXXXXXXX: HTTP GET https://msg.volkswagen.de/fs-car/bs/cf/v1/VW/DE/vehicles/XXXXXXXXXXXXX/position
2023-01-27 17:42:19.816 [DEBUG] [nectedcar.internal.api.ApiHttpClient] - XXXXXXXXXXXXX: HTTP 204 Response: 
2023-01-27 17:42:19.816 [DEBUG] [nectedcar.internal.util.ChannelCache] - XXXXXXXXXXXXX: Channel location#locationPosition updated with UNDEF (type class org.openhab.core.types.UnDefType).
2023-01-27 17:42:19.817 [DEBUG] [nectedcar.internal.util.ChannelCache] - XXXXXXXXXXXXX: Channel location#locationLastUpdate updated with UNDEF (type class org.openhab.core.types.UnDefType).
2023-01-27 17:42:19.817 [DEBUG] [al.api.carnet.CarNetServiceCarFinder] - e.getApiResult().httpCode: 0

the apihttpclient get the 204 Response but the variable e.getApiResult().httpCode = 0.
it should be 204?

can you please take a look at this and fix it with the next update?

thanks a lot!

if you need my account for debugging send me a pn!