Daikin BRP069C4x (FTXM35R Perferra) binding not working?

Hello everybody. I’ve got now the EKRS21 adapter cable and installed everything like Martin mentioned. I can confirm the BRP069B41 is working flawless in my Perfera FTXM25R with the daikin binding.

@JimT:
The newer Preferas like mine have the “C”-WLAN-Adapter built-in which are not working with the actual binding and are “cloud-only”. But the newer Preferas still have an S21 connector on the mainboard where you can add the optional older “B”-WLAN-Adapter which is supported with the Openhab Daikin binding.

Hello,
I have also had a Daikin multi-split system for some time and would like to integrate it into my smart home.
So far I’ve read 2 options:

1. The detour via IO broker
  2. Retrofitting the “old” controller to use the binding

Does anyone know if the developer of the binding has taken care of this?

There hasn’t been any changes on the binding, so your options remain the same.

@Nepu :

I ordered a Perfera FTXM71R unit, which will be installed in a couple of weeks.

Did you manage to install the BRP069B41 unit together with the short EKRS21 inside the Perfera unit? Or did you use the cable included in the BRP069B42 package to install the wifi module outside?

Hi. I used both cables. The short ekrs21on the pcb side and in addition the long cable which is in the adapter package you ve ordered. I put the wlan adapters inside the cable tracks in parallel with the coolant in and out. So it’s not visible outside.

Greetings

BRP069B41 is the wi-fi adapter itself. From 42 to 45 are different kits and therefore all include BRP069B41 in it. Some just have shorter cable for installation in the indoor unit, some have additional PCB for retrofitting small (20-25) units that don’t have S21 on their main board. In general all are BRP069B41, some have additional stuff included intended for specific models installation.

Hi,

I just received my ftxm35 and it has a brp069c4x too.
But on this unit I cannot find a S21 connector to install a brp069b4x.
Seems like newer boards do not come with S21 connector anymore?

So for now the only option I have is to use IO broker and connect it from here to openhab?
Or is there a chance that there will be a new Binding in 2023?

Best Regards,
Thomas

Did you check carefully? Should have S21

I bought last month Floor Perferas still not installed but as per diagram I have S21 and also I opened one of the indoor units to double check - S21 connector is there.

Correction, I have the FTXP35N, not FTXM35, but the wifi controller is the same brp069c4x.
Below is the picture of the board.

What I need is a simple on/off command. This could work also with:

• broadlink rm4 and the openhab broadlink binding? (but without feedback of the command)
  • Alexa and the openhab Alexa binding?

i don´t have any of this at home. Could this work?

I installed B-series wi-fi adapter in mine floor standing Perfera without problem.

Hi,
At this moment i’am working on a new addon so that Openhab can connect with Daikin Onecta.
Till now its possible to connect with Onecta and retrieve all connected Units getting basic data.
Its not ready but there is a start. For now 3 units are connected with BRP069C4x. But think that the wifi unit does not matter any more as long its connected to a Onecta account.

I hope this could be intresting for you.

3 Likes

This together with the possibility to switch the units on/off would solve my issues.

Working on it :+1:

https://community.openhab.org/t/daikin-onecta-cloud-binding

1 Like

If unit comes equipped with C-series adapter and still has S21 port to connect in parallels B-series adapter there’s no need to keep both wi-fi adapters connected to Onecta account. I keep the C one to Onecta and B one not connected to Onecta. As B one is still in same LAN it can be integrated with whatever you need - OpenHAB, HA, Homebridge, etc.

I’m still using the legacy Daikin Binding supporting the local API, but it creates a lot of log entries as it updates very item value even it is unchanged.
@JimT I think you know the binding, can this be prevented?

I set mine not to log on item state update, only on command.

How did you do this?

Paste here which logs you’re referring to.

In karaf, you’d just type

log:set warn openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent
log:set warn openhab.event.ItemStateEvent
log:set warn openhab.event.ItemStatePredictedEvent
log:set warn openhab.event.ItemStateUpdatedEvent

You can change warn to off if you prefer.

But this would globally disable the updates. Can this only be done for the Daikin binding, it’s the only one of my bindings which produces that many entries.