Ewelink / Sonoff Binding - New binding without flashing

@delid4ve please it’s crutial to me to have 4.x binding working;)

Don’t push him!
openHAB 4.0 had not been released for productive use, so don’t expect everything to work already!

@hmerk first question about support in 4.x was from Patric 30 days ago. I do appreciate opensource developer work especially dave cause i am heavy user of sonoff devices but it’s a fact that this binding is undersupported.

This really is trying to push him from your side.
It can‘t be „crucial“ for a not yet been released version.
And it is definitely not „undersupported“, there is just no other volunteering contributor for that binding.

Thanks for the addon. Any plan to add support for B02 smart bulb? I’ve tried adding it as B05 but OH gives “ERROR: CONFIG” and only I can switch it on. I couldn’t switch it off, control intensity, or light temperature.

You need to run the scan first, but you don’t have to add the items from the scan, you can add them manually, it’s just so the cache gets generated. Text configuration is in the Readme.

Run a scan then send me the file generated (as per the Readme). I’m also still waiting on a dual r3 cache file to implement roller shutter mode

Until I upgrade to 4.x prob not. I didn’t even realise there was a 4.x if I’m honest, been away from the space for a bit, work commitments took over but I’m still here and hopefully with some time very soon

Send me the cache file

So much to catch up on.
I have the dual r3 file (got sent it), I’ll add soon.
If I’ve missed you or you want a device added, run a discovery scan, and send me the file generated under userdata/Sonoff - remove your api key if it’s present (been a while I can’t remember).

Update won’t be imminent but I’ll aim to get done in the next couple of weeks.

You could always jump in and learn, push some updates :grin:

There’s plenty of help, other bindings, google and more out there to start you on your journey.

I started with zero knowledge, got familiar with rules, then started on Java and got this and lightwave bindings off the ground.

Since then I’ve now moved on to JavaScript/node JS /web3/html/css/MySQL and more…

Learning here also got me on the path to writing a full bespoke software solution for my business - without openhab this wouldn’t have been possible.

So as well as my home being smart, it’s saved me around £50k hiring a dev team.

2 Likes

I also miss IFAN4. Is there a plan for it?

Nice to know your history start with OH3, it’s a fantastic tool. Any plans to onboard NSpanel into your binding? I’ve one in my house and I can support you in case you need something. Would be nice at least the relay option.

you got me! :slight_smile:
ok i am trying to compile the bundle myself. Java 17, maven ready.
1/ git clones openhab-addons
2/ git clone sonoff binding respository
3/ Move it to bundles, included in bundles .pom

C:\Users\J\Documents\OPENHAB\openhab-addons>C:\Users\J\Downloads\apache-maven-3.9.2\bin\mvn clean install -pl :org.openhab.binding.sonoff
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
Downloading from central: https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/openhab/addons/bundles/org.openhab.addons.reactor.bundles/3.2.0/org.openhab.addons.reactor.bundles-3.2.0.pom
[ERROR] [ERROR] Some problems were encountered while processing the POMs:
[FATAL] Non-resolvable parent POM for org.openhab.addons.bundles:org.openhab.binding.sonoff:3.2.0: The following artifacts could not be resolved: org.openhab.addons.bundles:org.openhab.addons.reactor.bundles:pom:3.2.0 (absent): Could not find artifact org.openhab.addons.bundles:org.openhab.addons.reactor.bundles:pom:3.2.0 in central (https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2) and 'parent.relativePath' points at wrong local POM @ line 7, column 11
 @
[ERROR] The build could not read 1 project -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR]   The project org.openhab.addons.bundles:org.openhab.binding.sonoff:3.2.0 (C:\Users\J\Documents\OPENHAB\openhab-addons\bundles\org.openhab.binding.sonoff\pom.xml) has 1 error
[ERROR]     Non-resolvable parent POM for org.openhab.addons.bundles:org.openhab.binding.sonoff:3.2.0: The following artifacts could not be resolved: org.openhab.addons.bundles:org.openhab.addons.reactor.bundles:pom:3.2.0 (absent): Could not find artifact org.openhab.addons.bundles:org.openhab.addons.reactor.bundles:pom:3.2.0 in central (https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2) and 'parent.relativePath' points at wrong local POM @ line 7, column 11 -> [Help 2]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/ProjectBuildingException
[ERROR] [Help 2] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/UnresolvableModelException

Dear all, since a few days I saw the following message in the:
2023-05-17 14:13:28.939 [WARN ] [unication.SonoffCommunicationManager] - Ok message not received for transaction: 1684325607936, command was uiActive, retrying again. Retry count 2

I use a TH10 with the “org.openhab.binding.sonoff-3.4.0-SNAPSHOT_R1.jar” within
[14:26:10] root@openHABianDeviceLAN:~# dpkg --list | grep openhab
ii openhab 3.4.3-2 all openhab
ii openhab-addons 3.4.3-2 all openhab-addons
[14:26:36] root@openHABianDeviceLAN:~#

Openhabian installation on raspberry pi 3b

How can I close the transaction?

(As I can see all values for tempreature were correct reported - no other Item and chanal is in use)

Thanks in advance
Cheers Stefan

Hello!
I want my TH10 temperature goes to openhab.
I took the “org.openhab.binding.sonoff-3.4.0-SNAPSHOT_R1.jar” in addons and want to add the thing in OH.
But nothing appears.
How it goes? I have read the whole reply, but they doesn’t helps me, because i didn’t understand what you say!

Sorry for my english, but this is the only community, that might helps me. I didn’t find a german community.
And: i’m a beginner in OH3.

Thank you for your help.

1 Like

HELP!!!

Dave, your perfect Sonoff binding stopped working with openhab 4.0.x.

Would you be so kind to make it work again ?

Please :pray:

3 Likes

Hello,

I’m having problems with my EARU rdcbc-1p smart energy meter. This sensor was connected since one year without any problem to my openhab 3.3. Since 2 days I noticed that the sensor stops sending data to openhab. It seems that the sensor goes in a sleep mode. The only way to wake him up is to open the eWeLink app on my phone. In this way the sensor starts to send data again. It’s strange because I did not touch any configuration file in my OpenHab installation. Did this issue ever happened to you?

EDIT: Ok it seems that the cloud keys need to be updated

Thank you

Francesco

You can already set this manually in the binding for the account thing to override the defaults.
appid and appsecret

1 Like

Hello, thank you. I have tried to add the two options in the .thing file:

Bridge sonoff:account:uniqueName "Sonoff Account" @ "myLocation" [ email="mymail", password="mypw",accessmode="mixed", appid="4s1FXKC9FaGfoqXhmXSJneb3qcm1gOak", appsecret="oKvCM06gvwkRbfetd6qWRrbC3rFrbIpV"]

However, I still get no updates from the sensor, after a few seconds. In the cloud.py file I have seen there are two other keys: R8Oq3y0eSZSYdKccHlrQzT1ACCOUT9Gv and 1ve5Qk9GXfUhKAn1svnKwpAlxXkMarru. Do I have to add them too?

Thank you

Francesco