Hi Rich @rlkoshak and Yannick @ysc
I have now downloaded what the original developer whom I unfortunately can’t get in touch with, has already done. It is a lot and it is a pity we haven’t used it yet (no offense Yannick! - I know how time you have provided ). So either the original developer will appear again ( ) or I will use it as much as possible to provide everything eventually (though the main kudos of course go to him).
I post some images below, so we have an overview. As he has already provided SO MANY new blocks (which is great), I think we need to approach them one by one or group by group to make sure we do not break anything.
I think what has to be done is the following:
- I need to move over the changes to a “fork” to my repo and apply all those changes, maybe step by step and the provide individual new PRs
- COMPATIBILITY / REGRESSION TESTING: The biggest challenge I see is that I / we have to make sure it does not break old rules. This might not be a problem as I haven’t investigated the code yet regarding that but this is my biggest worry.
- He has put the blocks into sub groups which is a good idea but I am not sure if that has an impact. (see (2))
- I already noticed that some of the blocks generate code that throw errors in the UI - this may be due to changes over the last months as I am sure that by the time he did that he would have seen that. So I need to fix these first before testing.
- All code being generated needs to be reviewed, so it follows best practice and (your) patterns.
*Timers and Delays
** Actions ** => Empty
Voice and Multimedia
Logging and Output
As you can see, there is so much that I would propose, we should prioritise, implement, check, test and release in steps and not everything. What do you think?
I am open for proposals and prioritisation…