Fibaro Roller Shutter FGRM-222 with Venetian Blinds - Lamellas Position

Hmm, there actually are parameters #1 and #2 that according to the Fibaro manual if set should allow for local and RF protection, but I noticed they’re missing in my devices in habmin.
Checking the database entry for firmware up to 22.22, parameters #1 and #2 are in.
But the entry for firmware 24.24 and newer is actually lacking those.
I think that’s by mistake, probably is was overlooked because of the way the manual is written as it lists those first two parameters in a different section than all of the others.
I added those parameters to the database.
As with any DB update, this added functionality should become available in the next snapshot.

PS @chris I accidentially added another option to parameter #2 of the old device (#116 in DB) that I now fail to delete, could you please fix that.

Thank you in advance for the detailed explanation.
What, I have to do after updating the database to update my Fibaros?

As already mentioned, I have only recently been there and still have a lot to learn.
It will be fast with this great community.

Is the Konfiguartion, how I address the Protection Mode the right one?

Wait for the next snapshot version and install it. Once running, use habmin or PaperUI to change zwave parameter #1 of your device.

I saw last night that a new version of Zwave Snapshot with fixed protection mode was turned on.
Now my question before I do something wrong.
Can I only replace the snapshot version of the Zwave Binding from build # 428?
I have already found a manual that I understand here in the community.

Greetings Danny

I’m not sure what “protection mode” means? If this refers to the protection command class, then this has not been added yet. The changes yesterday were mainly to support issues relating to configuration changes.

This was my problem with the Fibaro Rollershutter.
In the configuration for this device there was no possibility to activate the protection mode of the local buttons.

If that understood correctly, this should now be possible.

No - as said above, the changes yesterday were mainly to support issues relating to configuration changes, and the protection command class has not been added.

ok, as I said I have to learn a lot.
How can I recognize a new snapshot or build version added to Protection Mode?

You can monitor this issue -:

thanks

I don’t think you’re talking about the same thing.
@Didschu wants to disable the local switch. You can do so by setting zwave parameter #1 to “2”.
I don’t think that’s related to the PROTECTION class. Just unfortunately for the time being, the device database definition does not know about that parameter 1. It now does as I have extended the database entry so he needs to install a binding version to include that database update.

No - if this is about configuring a parameter, then it’s not related. However, I also have not done a database update for a few days (I plan to do one tonight) so the update yesterday will not include any recent changes there.

FWIW latest snapshots 1383-1386 are pretty messed up and Kai is busy rolling back so possibly no good point in time to jump into.

Hello,

I know that I’m really annoying, but I just do not want to go wrong. How do I recognize that a new snapshot version is available and the setting important to me has been added?

Many Thanks

There has been a database update, so I think it should now be included.

Oh, big thanks!!!
Can you tell me if it is enough to update only the Zwave Snapshot? Or do I have to go completely on Openhab 2.4.0?

If you are on the snapshot version, then you just need to update to the latest binding.

No, currently I use the stable 2.3.0

Then it will likely be easiest to update to OH 2.4. In theory it’s possible to just update the binding, but it is not so simple to do.

Please see the following for updating the binding -:

@chris:
any progress?
Just let me know if you need some to test your latest build