Fibaro Smart Implant FGBS-222

Hi,
I tried to configure the .items file and the .sitemaps file and I can see the status of the inputs through basic UI.
I see the inputs with a switch that turns on and off according to the input status.
Is it possible to have the status with the non-clickable switch?
I also tried the mapping function in sitemaps and instead of the switch graphics I see the new names of the states but they remain clickable.
When I configure the input channels 1 and 2, openhab automatically proposes “switch” and “port” category, I tried to connect them by changing the type, for example contact but after I can’t view the status.

You cannot change the itemtype.
I don’t have this device but from what I read in the database for switching the outputs you need a switch itemtype and the switch_binary channels:

Switch FGBS222Output1 { channel="zwave:device:yourcontroller:nodexy:switch_binary5" }
Switch FGBS222Output2 { channel="zwave:device:yourcontroller:nodexy:switch_binary6" }

Switch item=FGBS222Output1
Switch item=FGBS222Output2

Hi All

Latest ZWave Snapshot binding dated 3/10/19, yet the device is not showing as being recognised.

Its showing in the database OK. Any suggestions? I have no sensor wires connected. I read @robmac 's comment about having sensor wires connected but surely this doesnt prevent it being discovered/included correctly?

Thanks

I use only the input channel, I see correctly the state in the Basic UI.
I see the state with a switch icon, but I can active the switch by click, but are a inputs, there is a method for see a not clickable switch? Example a text item?
Thanks.

Sure, just change it to a text item which gives you ON/OFF without the switch action:

Text item=FGBS222Output1
Text item=FGBS222Output2

You may need a state format like [%s] in your sitemap or items definition.

Hi,
I tested to modify in .sitemaps file the Switch item in Text item and I see the text with OK or Alarm (why?). In the log I see change the input 1 OFF to ON and not OK to Alarm.
I read mappings function in the .sitemaps don’t work with text.
Can I change the text value in basic UI?
Thanks.

Hey Kennet,

did you mange to get your setup to work?
What you are describing is what I’m looking for:
Input 1 and Input 2 shoudl be completely independent from out 1 and out2.
In the fibaro manual there is written that in1 is linked to out1, same with in2 and out2.
I’m wondering if it is possible to use them independent from each other.

Thanks

_david

Although the device has been added back to the master database, those changes have not yet been exported to GitHub so, of course, the latest snapshot does not yet have those changes.

Until the changes get published, these devices will not function properly with the latest snapshots.

So, I am on 2.5m3. Would you please that nice and tell me what functions are missing on 2.5 m3?

Thanks

I am not sure if that device is missing in 2.5M3. @sihui or @chris should know for sure.
It removed during some periodic database maintenance.

Hi

Yes it is possible to get it to work however as Bruce says there is some issues currently. I am unsure exactly what versions it is working in. You need to enable the protection and This is not a “normal” zwave configuration option.

Thanks,

so just replacing the definition with this one:

https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/1005?layout=openhab2new

want be enough?

Thx

The definitions are part of the binding.

As far as I understand the one I linked is a modified one and not identically to the on at the snapshot 2.5M3 release? If not, what else I do have to replace to get the local protection to work?

Thanks for your patience.

The database is compiled into the binding.
Although UPgrading components of OH is supported in many cases, DOWNgrading is not supported.

Sry, I’m still confused. You wrote that the changes I’m asking for are not exported to github. According to Kennet, what I’m looking for is the local protection mode. And if I have a look at the master github of the zwave binding: with 18 th Aug the protection mode is available:

So if I use he snapshot version the snapshot version should work as i expect?

The experts told me to check GitHub here

When I try to send “2” to the local protection channel, I can see the following log entries:

22:45:05.419 [DEBUG] [nding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 33: Command received zwave:device:trm01:node33:protection_local5 --> 2 [DecimalType]
22:45:05.423 [DEBUG] [nding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 33: No messages returned from converter

Can anybody help?

Okay, if so back to my first suggestion: just put the definition file into the binding and my use case should work…
I guess that is what the others did, too…