Fibaro Smart Implant FGBS-222

Not sure the snapshot will have the version you need as it is not approved.

Suggest you download from the database and include manually.

Download this? https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/1005?layout=openhab2new
How do I include it manually? :slight_smile:

There is a guide on the forum that gives full instructions but in short the JAR is just a zip file so you can update the version in the snapshot with that version.

When you have done that you will need to remove the xml file for the device and delete the thing. Then re-add to openHAB and then it should work as you have wired it.

Thanks! Will give it a try :slight_smile:

1 Like

It did the trick! Thanks for your quick help :smiley:

Ok, so I was able to debug zwave binding to the point where I found out that you have to use type=PROTECTION_LOCAL instead of type=LOCAL in your thing definition.
The ā€˜protectionā€™ message is then properly send to the node.

I did not succeed with turning protection on though, because as soon as I send the command to change protection type and receive response ACK, I also receive PROTECTION_REPORT from the node with value=UNPROTECTED.

Not really familiar with the zwave protocol, hope it will help you somehow. Attached is the log from the moment of protection switch.
fgbs222_debug.log (17.5 KB)

-Robert

Thanks will fix that

Have also added the RF though it claims that it is not supported though the type is defined.

I will give it a test during the week and see if I can see why it is not keeping the value.

Finally got it working, but had to modify zwave binding for this.
See https://github.com/openhab/org.openhab.binding.zwave/blob/master/src/main/java/org/openhab/binding/zwave/internal/protocol/commandclass/ZWaveProtectionCommandClass.java#L192

FGBS-222 supports version 2 of protection command class and it expects two bytes to be send after PROTECTION_SET command. The problem here is rfMode == null check, which is always true when setting local protection, thus only one byte is sent. I modified the code and made it available in my fork: https://github.com/rmichalak/org.openhab.binding.zwave/commits/protection-v2-fix

I can confirm it works for the local protection. didnā€™t check RF one.

Am I right that input should be set to ā€˜alarm inputā€™ to be able to benefit from disconnected outputs? otherwise you are not able to read the state of the input and act accordingly? Or am I missing something?

Thanks Robert.

If you are using the inputs to monitor door open/close or a safety beam sensor then alarm input will trigger the alarm.

I had better take your fix and test the database entry so I can ask Chris to review the entry. Not sure how we mark the dependency on your update but will add the link to the database entry.

Are you sure you do not want to try cooking your smart implant?

Naahā€¦ I like it in the not-melt-down state :wink:

I will raise an issue and prepare a PR to include it in the official build, but I need more time to prepare proper unit tests to make sure there are no side effects. That means I will do it next week.

Let me know if you need it earlier, I will see what I can do.

currently iā€˜m testing smart implant with a dht-22 sensor (was connected before inclusion was done). but the humidity channel does not receive any data. the temperature works fine. anyone tested a dht-22 sensor? thx!

Ok, so I raised an issue and PR for this:

It may be easier for Chris to review your entry with PR in place.

Interesting, I have one waiting to be setup. Will give it a try.

Hi

I am trying to use the implant to control my garage doors.
I have configured the OUT 1 and 2 to automatically deactivate after 400 ms. This allows me to toggle the doors state (opened or closed) when the output is activated. This is working fine.
I would also like to monitor the state of the door and for doing this I wanted to use the two inputs. I have a microswitch on the door that will close when the door is closed, so that IN is connected to GND, but I have only managed to get the Input Voltage to change after a delay when the door is changed.
It only works if I set ā€œInput ? - operating modeā€ to ā€œAnalog input with internal pull-upā€ and then there is a delay of up to a minute I guess.
I am using the snapshot build and I have modified the jar with the fgbs222_0_0.xml that includes the ā€œProtection Local Outputā€ channel. The Protection channel appears to be working as it should if I set the operating mode to ā€œNormally open alarm inputā€

So, I would like to hear how did you guys configure the device and did you get it to work event based and what channel is being updated?

btw. I am using the Paper UI to test with.

Thanks for any input

Hi,

I have ā€œProtection Local Outputā€ set to ā€œNo operation possibleā€ and ā€œInput 1 - operation modeā€ set to ā€œNormally open alarm inputā€. With this configuration Iā€™m able to use ā€œInput 1 Alarmā€ channel to check whether the IN1 circuit is closed or not.

Cheers

Hi Robert,

That is good news and thanks again for your fix. I had run through that code a few times and had not worked out what was going wrong.:see_no_evil:

How do I check if your update is in the snapshots so I can ask Chris for a review of the template?

I also need to get the humidity sensor tested but to do it properly I like to solder the joints and that may take a while to get to the top of the list of things needing doing. Sorry for the delay for anyone waiting for that feature.

I think there are a few more devices that need a bit of a tweak but I will get this one done and released before I try the next one.

Happy automation to all.

Robert

Hi,

I tested again and the issue is that the endpoint has either a temperature sensor or a humidity sensor. I thought I had this working but testing again it is not. It is something that needs to be checked in the code.

Now I understand the binding code a little more and seen how to submit an improvement I am going to have a proper go at fixing but I am very busy at work so this may take some time.

If you never use a temperature sensor on endpoint 9 then an edit of the template will fix.

Remove this from the template

<channel id="sensor_temperature9" typeId="sensor_temperature">
    <label>Sensor (temperature) 2</label>
    <properties>
      <property name="binding:*:QuantityType">COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL:9;type=TEMPERATURE</property>
    </properties>
  </channel>

My openHab2 2.4 install is not detecting this device in the database. It looks like it has been added but there is a note that the xml is incorrect and that it needs to be corrected before the device can be used.

https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/1005

Any ideas?

I have sent a note to Chris about that message as I am sure it is incorrect. The rf is a valid setting.

You will not be able to get protection working on 2.4 as there was a fix needed. See the post above from @rmichalak

There is also an issue on 2.5 snapshot on endpoint 9 that needs a manual edit as you need to select one of two options.

You can try on 2.4 though and see how much works.