Fibaro Smart Implant FGBS-222

Hmm… I tested the latest snapshot of the binding. I see that the FGBS222 xml is included in this build, however my device still pairs as unknown. I noticed the at MFR ID is different than the one in the XML (010F Vs. 271) also type id (0502:1000 Vs. 0502:2000)? See attached.

Manufacturer (010F = 271) is correct. It seems that you got some other version. You may try to update descriptor and if it works (they may have changed some thing) update it in database too.

@Flowyk thanks! I sent an email to @chris with the relevant info as I do not have edit rights for the database. I know they had some mfg issues with the first release of the FGBS-222, maybe they changed something with the new revision?

I changed my descripter locally to be 0502:1000 and it got picked up! However, there is only one switch channel and it doesn’t actually seem to be working?

Lastly, I now have the ability to update the database, but i’m a bit confused on how to go about it.

Do I upload my local node.xml from /var/lib/openhab2/zwave?
Or do I need to make a new device?

Thanks!

No.

No.
Your device type and id is already in the database.
What needs to be fixed is:

grafik

If they changed interfaces, then we would need to create new descriptor in chris’s database. But I doubt so, cause they have not updated documentation on their site. There is still only one manual.
In that case, all you need is to add your new version into database, for https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/1005#overview, dunno why it is not working for you.
Try to download actual xml descriptor from snapshot, add new version into it and use that.

@sihui
I think what needs fixing is the database validation unless you are saying protection_rf is not in the snapshot.

But this is the channel.xml I have from the snapshot

This needs to be done by @chris

I have sent him a note but guess he is busy

I can’t release it all yet anyway as I need to look at the issue with endpoint 9 that can be a humidity channel or a temperature channel. The binding does not like this and does not pass on messages to the either channel.

1 Like

Sorry - I’ve not seen this, but I’ve now updated the check script so this should be working now.

1 Like

Thanks Chris

It is still not ready for review as I need to look at endpoint 9.

1 Like

Hi,
I bought a Fibaro Smart Implant and some DS18B20 temperature sensors. I want to measure the temperature of our swimming pool and display it in the sitemap. The Smart Implant is connected to the openhab zwave controller, but I can’t see any channels or can display the temperature. Does anybody know, how I can do that? Do I have to write a script or something like that? I have already created an Item of type number but I don’t know the channel for getting the valu. There is also Message in openhab “Unknown device”, so probably openhab doesn’t recognize the Smart Implant. Where do I have to save the xml file in my openhab configuration or do I have to do something else for getting it work?

This shows up in the Paper UI:

You need to upgrade to the latest zwave 2.5 snapshot as this is a fairly new device and is not available in 2.4.
https://ci.openhab.org/job/openHAB2-Bundles/org.openhab.addons.bundles$org.openhab.binding.zwave/

Thanks for the hint. I uploaded the .jar file to the addons directory after I had deleted the zwave binding in the Paper UI, but now, it seems like there isn’t the zwave binding anymore. The log tells some errors and no zwave device is working anymore:

2019-07-22 14:36:43.890 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab2/addons/org.openhab.binding.zwave-2.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.zwave [367]

Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.eclipse.smarthome.io.transport.serial

@chris I am not sure what I am doing wrong, but the database keeps rejecting the XML file. I have tried using the current XML file from the snapshot as well as the database. I simply changing ‘0502:1000’ to 0503:2000

Whether I go to “Add New Device” or “Update Device” I get the following message from the database site. What am I missing?

Hmmm - what XML file are you trying to load? The XML file you need to load is the one that OH creates in the userdata/zwave folder - not one that you download from the database, modify and then re-upload.

It sounds like you are uploading a file from the database?

Got it! I ended up just updating the References (Type:Id) to 0502:1000,0502:2000 but if for some reason I need to create a whole new device I will.

Any ideas on why there is only one “Switch” channel when there are two output contacts? Even the single switch channel seams to do nothing as of right now. Thanks for all of the help!

you need the version that is not released from the database. the one in the snapshot would never work as it was wrong.

I see it is released and it should work other than an enhancement to the binding to support endpoint 9’s odd behaviour.

@robmac Do you mind pointing me to the version that is released with the correct endpoints? Sorry, I am not quite following, thanks for the help!

Not sure what snapshot it will be in. Chris may be able to explain how that works and if it made it into a build or if his comments about not being able to develop also stop this making it into a release. I had not realised he had reviewed and approved my update so was surprised to see it approved.

The other option is download from the database and load it manually as described in the link further up the post.