Fibaro Smart Implant FGBS-222

You’l find help to overcome this temporary issue by searching the forum.

Ok, now the Smart Implant works. Thanks for all the help. The only problem I have is, that the temperature value only updates when I turn the power off and on. Do I have to define any parameters or anything else so the value gets updated automatically when it changes?

look at parameter 65 through 68

How many sensors do you have? If you have more than one external ping back as you will need to make a fix.

I have 1 sensor now, but I want to integrate 3 sensors, but when I connect both to the Smart Implant, it only recognizes one of them, even when I remove the Smart Implant and add it again. How can I get this value? Do I have to set the channel to “sensor_temperature8”?

Somehow, the update of the value works now, but when I want to change it, how do I have to integrate these configuration parameters?

(Sorry for all the questions, but I thought it would be easier to use the Smart Implant :grin:.)

I am sure it will be.

First you need to have all sensors attached when you include the device in the network.

I find solder is the best way to make sure you have no bad connections.

Secondly that lovely piece of XML will need a manual edit as the binding does not support an endpoint with two channels on the sensor multilevel like this for some reason.

<channel id="sensor_relhumidity9" typeId="sensor_relhumidity">
    <label>Relative Humidity 1</label>
    <properties>
      <property name="binding:*:DecimalType">COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL:9;type=HUMIDITY</property>
    </properties>
  </channel>
  <channel id="sensor_temperature9" typeId="sensor_temperature">
    <label>Sensor (temperature) 2</label>
    <properties>
      <property name="binding:*:QuantityType">COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL:9;type=TEMPERATURE</property>
    </properties>
  </channel>

delete this as you want temperature

<channel id="sensor_relhumidity9" typeId="sensor_relhumidity">
    <label>Relative Humidity 1</label>
    <properties>
      <property name="binding:*:DecimalType">COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL:9;type=HUMIDITY</property>
    </properties>
  </channel>

so you have

<channel id="sensor_temperature9" typeId="sensor_temperature">
    <label>Sensor (temperature) 2</label>
    <properties>
      <property name="binding:*:QuantityType">COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL:9;type=TEMPERATURE</property>
    </properties>
  </channel>

There is only displayed one channel for temperature, the “sensor (temperature)” doesn’t work. Where do I have to paste this xml snippet? Do I have to create a configuration file in the things-directory?

I am sorry to say that is the wrong template.

It is the old one prior to my edits and nothing will work with that template as it is wrong in almost every way. I think if you look back up to the top of the thread it was generated from a discovery but the device discovered had no external sensors attached.

Can you follow the link higher up the thread and install the template exported from the database.

You will end up with as many sensors as where attached when you included the device into your controller working and a load of other channels also

@robmac I tested this yesterday (with your new template) and the device doesnt seem to respond after inclusion.

I am primarily using this as a remote switch, though toggling Switch #1 and #2 dont seem to do anything. If I change the configuration for the device to be “Normally Closed” then physically reset the device all of a sudden the Outputs make contact.

The device also does not seem to report other parameters.

Please see attachments, I detached the humidity and temp sensors as I am not using them. my FGBS222 is node #22

Capture

2019-07-24 10:16:12.683 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item ‘zwave_device_136eaadb_node22_switch_binary5’ received command ON
2019-07-24 10:16:12.684 [nt.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - zwave_device_136eaadb_node22_switch_binary5 predicted to become ON
2019-07-24 10:16:12.734 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - zwave_serial_zstick_136eaadb_serial_sof changed from 2340 to 2341
2019-07-24 10:16:13.119 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - zwave_serial_zstick_136eaadb_serial_sof changed from 2341 to 2342
2019-07-24 10:16:13.129 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - zwave_serial_zstick_136eaadb_serial_ack changed from 1050 to 1051
2019-07-24 10:16:13.137 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - zwave_serial_zstick_136eaadb_serial_sof changed from 2342 to 2343
2019-07-24 10:16:13.264 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - zwave_serial_zstick_136eaadb_serial_sof changed from 2343 to 2344
2019-07-24 10:16:13.349 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - zwave_serial_zstick_136eaadb_serial_sof changed from 2344 to 2345
2019-07-24 10:16:13.368 [me.event.ThingUpdatedEvent] - Thing ‘zwave:device:136eaadb:node12’ has been updated.
2019-07-24 10:16:13.369 [vent.ConfigStatusInfoEvent] - ConfigStatusInfo [configStatusMessages=]
2019-07-24 10:16:13.371 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - zwave_serial_zstick_136eaadb_serial_ack changed from 1051 to 1052
2019-07-24 10:16:13.379 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - zwave_serial_zstick_136eaadb_serial_sof changed from 2345 to 2346
2019-07-24 10:16:13.516 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item ‘zwave_device_136eaadb_node22_switch_binary6’ received command ON
2019-07-24 10:16:13.517 [nt.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - zwave_device_136eaadb_node22_switch_binary6 predicted to become ON

Off topic : every time I see this thread title including “implant” it makes me a little queasy …

Ignore me, I made a stupid wiring mistake :-/ The switches are now working for me :slight_smile:

You did have me worried.

The threats of an implant being pushed somewhere from others were a little unkind though.:astonished:

They are useful little devils though.

Still need to find the time to work out if I need to raise an issue against the binding or if there is away to make endpoint 9 work without changes to the binding.

Hi,

I tried to setup my test network again last night to look at the issue on endpoint 9 with humidity and temperature. Sadly I need to wait for habmin fix as a load of menus missing so can not configure device for test.

I will continue when it is fixed.

I hope those that need endpoint 9 managed the manual fix.

Cheers,

Robert

Hi!

I have a smart implant up and running with oh2.5m2 and a DHT-22 (temp and humidity) Everything seems to work except humidity:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No enum constant org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.commandclass.ZWaveMultiLevelSensorCommandClass.SensorType.HUMIDITY
        at java.lang.Enum.valueOf(Enum.java:238) ~[?:?]
        at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.commandclass.ZWaveMultiLevelSensorCommandClass$SensorType.valueOf(ZWaveMultiLevelSensorCommandClass.java:1) ~[240:org.openhab.binding.zwave:2.5.0.M2]
        at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.converter.ZWaveMultiLevelSensorConverter.executeRefresh(ZWaveMultiLevelSensorConverter.java:72) ~[240:org.openhab.binding.zwave:2.5.0.M2]
        at org.openhab.binding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler$1.run(ZWaveThingHandler.java:407) [240:org.openhab.binding.zwave:2.5.0.M2]
        at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) [?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:308) [?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180) [?:?]

I’ll check out the current database

@chris
I’ve updated the database for Smart Implant renamed the type from HUMIDITY to RELATIVE_HUMIDITY, looked like the enum was named RELATIVE_HUMIDITY and there was a comment this was not working. Hopefully this is correct, I have not tested it yet (By doing a local modification in the jar-file).

Update:

I’ve compiled the zwave binding locally and did my local modification, now humidity is working.

Regards, S

1 Like

Thanks for testing - this will be added to the database at the next update (probably in a few days time).

1 Like

I still struggle to see why a template is needed other than for a nice parameter screen when the device reports what it can do at inclusion.

No doubt at some point I will work out what it is about openhab that makes it necessary to have a template when the device reports the classes it supports correctly.

When the OH2 ZWave binding was created, it was simply the ONLY way to define things. In the case of ZWave, it doesn’t really hurt since in most cases the device contains parameters, and in most cases this is only available via some sort of definition file.

OH2 now supports dynamic thing creation, and this is how the ZigBee binding works, but changing the ZWave binding to do this is a lot of work, so it simply uses the standard OH2 thing definition files.

I hope that helps explain it :slight_smile:

It does.

Hi, I get some values of the temperature sensors, but they aren’t correct. When I reconnect the power cable, the temperature seems to be correct, but then it slowly increases from about 20 to about 30 without any change at the sensor. What could be the problem here?

What temperature sensor are you using? Dht22 or db1820? What version of openhab?
One of the temperature sensor is the internal sensor and that one will increase more than the ambiant one with time.