Fixed rule issues and other changes

All,

there have been quite some changes in ESH since my last update on Aug 21.

With the stable ESH release I did last night, we have now these changes from ESH in openHAB 2:

1. Merge things loaded from DSLs with info from ThingTypes (#2053) — Kai Kreuzer / detail
  2. split of MDNSAnnouncer in order to remove optional dependency (#2114) — Markus Rathgeb / detail
  3. Support receiving rules events (#2093) — Markus Rathgeb / detail
  4. Disable rule template form submission on errors (#2120) — Kai Kreuzer / detail
  5. Fixes startup and reload behaviour of DSL rules (#2125) — Markus Rathgeb / detail
  6. Toggle for advance config parameters (#2124) — Markus Rathgeb / detail
  7. respect link and item existence for channel-linked notification (#2122) — Kai Kreuzer / detail
  8. fix another rule status change (#2126) — Kai Kreuzer / detail
  9. fixed Thing comparison to consider labels and locations (#2090) — Markus Rathgeb / detail
  10. Replaced buttons with clickable icons in rules (#2092) — Kai Kreuzer / detail
  11. improve print to identify wrong rule status state (#2088) — Kai Kreuzer / detail
  12. #2062 org.eclipse.smarthome.automation.module.core modified using DS now (#2063) — Kai Kreuzer / detail
  13. #2075 org.eclipse.smarthome.automation.parser.gson modified using DS now (#2076) — Kai Kreuzer / detail
  14. Fixed bug, which resulted in duplicate items in the item registry. (#2096) — Markus Rathgeb / detail
  15. if a rule has been disabled while running, don’t enable it again — Markus Rathgeb / detail
  16. #2103 Fix in ConnectionValidator. (#2104) — Markus Rathgeb / detail
  17. #2110 Fixing Class cast exception in TemperatureConditionHandler. Edited typos. (#2112) — Markus Rathgeb / detail
  18. fix CME in ExpressionThreadPoolExecutor (#2113) — Kai Kreuzer / detail
  19. #2085 Modified org.eclipse.smarthome.automation.commands to use DS (#2086) — Kai Kreuzer / detail
  20. Show value of dimmer item’s slider (#2077) — Kai Kreuzer / detail
  21. Bug fix: button icons alignment in ControlUI (#2071) — Kai Kreuzer / detail
  22. Number widget overlapping fixed (#2043) — Kai Kreuzer / detail
  23. added ESH-INF folder to binary bundle (#2079) — Markus Rathgeb / detail
  24. avoid NPE if default TTS cannot be found (#2080) — Markus Rathgeb / detail
  25. added NoRoutToHostException to the list of exceptions, that lead to isReachable() -> false (#2041) — Markus Rathgeb / detail
  26. Added follow symlink option to abstract watch service. (#2036) — Markus Rathgeb / detail
  27. Removed unused thingTypes request (#2047) — Markus Rathgeb / detail
  28. Cleanup discovered children if a Bridge Thing was removed (#2046) — Markus Rathgeb / detail
  29. Bugfix - A rule defined by not available template must be in NOT_INITIALIZED state (#1969) — Markus Rathgeb / detail
  30. fix method name in DiscoveryServiceRegistryImpl (#2050) — Markus Rathgeb / detail
  31. Safari controlUI icon bug (#2055) — Markus Rathgeb / detail
  32. fix module timer test — Markus Rathgeb / detail
  33. allow to use another remote (e.g. to push tag to) (#2056) — Kai Kreuzer / detail
  34. use locale provider in firmware services (#1984) — Markus Rathgeb / detail
  35. When creating Things, keep their Channels in order (#2044) — Kai Kreuzer / detail
  36. immediate firmware status initialization of a thing after it went online (#2008) — Markus Rathgeb / detail
  37. Fixes bug with NPE in https requests. (#2065) — Kai Kreuzer / detail
  38. bump JmDNS (Karaf ESH TP) (#2028) — Kai Kreuzer / detail
  39. Bug fix: creating item while linking channel (#2033) — Markus Rathgeb / detail
  40. bug fix: function name undefined error in group item (#2035) — Markus Rathgeb / detail
  41. Hide system services with no config-description (#2037) — Kai Kreuzer / detail

You see that there is quite some activity on the core framework. Many fixes and enhancements are related to the Paper UI, which has been improved in many details.

But the most important fix I want to highlight is #2125: This solves issues that many of you reported about unreliable rule execution and which seem to have a major point for many to decide to not yet switch to openHAB 2. I would tend to say that with this fix, the overall stability of the openHAB 2 runtime when being used with openHAB 1 bindings should be on par with the openHAB 1 runtime. I would therefore encourage everyone to try it out and report any blocking issues that you might have and which do not occur with the openHAB 1.8.3 runtime.

5 Likes

To clarify, are these changes already included in build #4​69 or will they be part of build #4​70?

Already in #469. I only announce news here, once it is available in the latest distro!

1 Like