Getting starting with Jython in OH3 in Docker

When searching here I found a post that linked to this helper libraries site. I went to follow the instructions, but master.zip doesn’t have the structure the guide seems to expect (e.g. different toplevel name, no automation directory, etc.)

Is there a better place to start?

Jython in OH3 is not ready yet, but I’m working on it. It will require an add-on.

1 Like

Ok. I’ll be patient :slight_smile:. This thread made me think it was there, but @rlkoshak may have been playing with 2.x instead.

Where can I watch for annoucements for it (rather than assuming you’d ping this thread)?

That’s only for 2.5.x though?

For now, yes. I have 3.x versions of the add-ons ready to go, but…

Any news on that topic. For me, OH30 is no go without Jython Rules support.
Invested a lot of time moving away from DSL Rules.
The GUI based rules definition is of no use if you have a complex project with a lot of sensors and actors.

1 Like

As you can all see, moving the discussion to the forum did not help to get things moving. Since Jython was not allowed to be included in 2.5.x, I have packaged Jython, the Jython helper libraries, a Jython TransformationService, Groovy, jRuby, and Kotlin for distribution in the Eclipse IoT Marketplace. They are out there, but not completely functional, so don’t expect them to be ready yet :slight_smile:. I planned to announce this over the last weekend, but due to a massive wind storm, we lost our electricity, so plans changed! I should be able to get it wrapped up next weekend, and I will make a new topic when they are ready. I’ll then post OH3 versions for manual install, if there is still not response.

6 Likes

Looking forward to Jython rules in OH3… I’ve been away for a while and decided buy a zwave stick and move my 2.4.0 to 3.0.0.

All my rules are in python, so that’s a must for me. it just assumed it was going to be a core component this time around. That seemed to be the way things were going last time I checked in here.

Anyway, thanks a lot for all who are working to get this in, especially @5iver. Hopefully you and @Kai can get everything resolved in time for it to officially make 3.0.0.

I appreciate the time commitment. 3.0.0 looks great so far.

Doug