Go-E Charger Wallbox Binding

@chilobo please reopen the PR as @fwolter requested.
Just write the sign-off line in the comment, i.e.
Signed-off-by: Christian Koch <chilobo@somewhere>

I deleted the old pull request because I added a small change in 9/21.
Afterwards I opened a new pull request 4 days ago:
https://github.com/openhab/openhab-addons/pull/12391
This pull request is awaiting to be approved by of either SamuelBruksch (who started the binding but does not own a GO-E any longer) or cweitkamp.
I added the line
Signed-off-by: Christian Koch chi.koch@gmail.com
in a comment and wrote a mail to the other reviewer asking him to approve the merge.
Is there anything else I have to do?

@chilobo

Yes, please look at your new PR and if you don’t know what to do, ask.

Contributor

ranzen84 enhanced the binding in PR

https://github.com/openhab/openhab-addons/pull/12400
This one should find out if the hardware version of the wallbox is less than three and it should support API v2 with the enhancement to select 1p/3p.
On the weekend I will test the new binding.
It seems to be merged already.

I tried to test the binding in openhab 3.3.0-SNAPSHOT (#2834)
bundle:list shows

253 â Active â 80 â 3.3.0.202203310340 â openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: Go-eCharger Binding

After installing the binding from the UI (and deleting my own version in openhab/addons):

• my existing channels connect to the newly merged binding (seems to work).
  • When I go to Administration - Things - GOE in the UI no channel section and no code section are shown, just the thing-section and “online”.

Without the channel section connecting and inspecting stuff to the GOE-channels in the UI is not possible.

Am I doing something wrong or is some “advertising” code missing in the new binding?

i update today to 3.3.0.M3

312 │ Active │ 80 │ 3.3.0.M3 │ org.openhab.binding.goecharger

The bundle is active but i do get the following error when the it starts:

21:08:30.073 [WARN ] [fig.xml.osgi.XmlDocumentBundleTracker] - The XML document '/OH-INF/thing/thing-types.xml' in module 'org.openhab.binding.goecharger' could not be parsed: The document is invalid, it contains further unsupported data: [NodeValue [nodeName=category, value=Temperature]]!
---- Debugging information ----
message             : The document is invalid, it contains further unsupported data: [NodeValue [nodeName=category, value=Temperature]]!
class               : org.openhab.core.thing.xml.internal.ChannelTypeXmlResult
required-type       : org.openhab.core.thing.xml.internal.ChannelTypeXmlResult
converter-type      : org.openhab.core.thing.xml.internal.ChannelTypeConverter
path                : /thing-descriptions/channel-type[22]
line number         : 209
class[1]            : java.util.ArrayList
required-type[1]    : java.util.ArrayList
converter-type[1]   : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.CollectionConverter
class[2]            : org.openhab.core.thing.xml.internal.ThingDescriptionList
required-type[2]    : org.openhab.core.thing.xml.internal.ThingDescriptionList
converter-type[2]   : org.openhab.core.thing.xml.internal.ThingDescriptionConverter
version             : 1.4.19

The bundle seems to start and request info from the charger.

21:13:01.650 [TRACE] [er.internal.handler.GoEChargerHandler] - GET URL = http://192.168.1.177/status
21:13:01.673 [TRACE] [er.internal.handler.GoEChargerHandler] - GET Response: {"version":"B","tme":"1104222113","rbc":"33","rbt":"440613969","car":"4","amp":"10","err":"0","ast":"0","alw":"0","stp":"0","cbl":"20","pha":"56","tmp":"25","tma":[22.63,21.75,21.63,21.50,-0.13,-0.13],"amt":"32","dws":"1116249","dwo":"0","adi":"0","uby":"0","eto":"14330","wst":"3","txi":"0","nrg":[226,230,230,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0],"fwv":"041.0","sse":"012650","wss":"kiot","wke":"**************","wen":"1","cdi":"0","tof":"101","tds":"1","lbr":"87","aho":"3","afi":"7","azo":"0","ama":"32","al1":"6","al2":"7","al3":"8","al4":"9","al5":"10","cid":"5329377","cch":"16711680","cfi":"65280","lse":"0","ust":"0","wak":"b44d7c9cc7","r1x":"0","dto":"0","nmo":"0","sch":"VW4AqTeHgKkAAAAB","sdp":"1","eca":"0","ecr":"0","ecd":"0","ec4":"0","ec5":"0","ec6":"0","ec7":"0","ec8":"0","ec9":"0","ec1":"0","rca":"043C2962","rcr":"","rcd":"","rc4":"","rc5":"","rc6":"","rc7":"","rc8":"","rc9":"","rc1":"","rna":"","rnm":"","rne":"","rn4":"","rn5":"","rn6":"","rn7":"","rn8":"","rn9":"","rn1":"","loe":0,"lot":0,"lom":0,"lop":0,"log":"","lon":0,"lof":0,"loa":0,"lch":8291,"mce":0,"mcs":"test.mosquitto.org","mcp":1883,"mcu":"","mck":"","mcc":0}

The items of the thing are not updated

openhab> items list GoECharger*                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                
GoEChargerError (Type=StringItem, State=NULL, Label=Error code, Category=null, Groups=[gCharger])
GoEChargerPwmSignal (Type=StringItem, State=NULL, Label=Pwm signal status, Category=null, Groups=[gCharger])
GoEChargerPhases (Type=NumberItem, State=NULL, Label=Phases, Category=null, Tags=[Status], Groups=[gCharger])
GoEChargerAllowCharging (Type=SwitchItem, State=NULL, Label=Allow charging, Category=null, Groups=[gCharger])
GoEChargerCurrentL3 (Type=NumberItem, State=NULL, Label=Strom L3, Category=energy, Tags=[Measurement, Current], Groups=[gCharger])
GoEChargerCurrentL1 (Type=NumberItem, State=NULL, Label=Strom L1, Category=energy, Tags=[Measurement, Current], Groups=[gCharger])
GoEChargerCurrentL2 (Type=NumberItem, State=NULL, Label=Strom L2, Category=energy, Tags=[Measurement, Current], Groups=[gCharger])
GoEChargerVoltageL1 (Type=NumberItem, State=NULL, Label=Spannung L1, Category=energy, Tags=[Measurement, Voltage], Groups=[gCharger])
GoEChargerVoltageL2 (Type=NumberItem, State=NULL, Label=Spannung L2, Category=energy, Tags=[Measurement, Voltage], Groups=[gCharger])
GoEChargerVoltageL3 (Type=NumberItem, State=NULL, Label=Spannung L3, Category=energy, Tags=[Measurement, Voltage], Groups=[gCharger])
GoEChargerTemperature (Type=NumberItem, State=NULL, Label=Temperature, Category=null, Groups=[gCharger])
GoEChargerAccessConfiguration (Type=StringItem, State=NULL, Label=Access configuration, Category=null, Groups=[gCharger])
GoEChargerPowerL1 (Type=NumberItem, State=NULL, Label=Leistung L1, Category=energy, Tags=[Measurement, Power], Groups=[gCharger])
GoEChargerPowerL2 (Type=NumberItem, State=NULL, Label=Leistung L2, Category=energy, Tags=[Measurement, Power], Groups=[gCharger])
GoEChargerPowerL3 (Type=NumberItem, State=NULL, Label=Leistung L3, Category=energy, Tags=[Measurement, Power], Groups=[gCharger])
GoEChargerCableCurrent (Type=NumberItem, State=NULL, Label=Cable encoding, Category=null, Groups=[gCharger])
GoEChargerSessionChargeEnergyLimit (Type=NumberItem, State=NULL, Label=Current session charge energy limit, Category=null, Groups=[gCharger])
GoEChargerFirmware (Type=StringItem, State=NULL, Label=Firmware, Category=null, Groups=[gCharger])
GoEChargerSessionChargedEnergy (Type=NumberItem, State=NULL, Label=Current session charged energy, Category=null, Tags=[Measurement, Energy], Groups=[gCharger])
GoEChargerTotalChargedEnergy (Type=NumberItem, State=NULL, Label=Total charged energy, Category=null, Tags=[Measurement, Energy], Groups=[gCharger])
GoEChargerPowerSum (Type=NumberItem, State=NULL, Label=Ladeleistung, Category=null, Groups=[gCharger])
GoEChargerMaxCurrent (Type=NumberItem, State=NULL, Label=Maximaler Strom, Category=energy, Tags=[Setpoint, Current], Groups=[gCharger])

any hint if the current bundle does not work with 3.3.0.M3
i also clean the cache of openhab… no change

the issue seems to be relate to the newly added category in the channel type definition.

<category>Temperature</category>

this has been added by the latest commitment.

i finally rolled back to
org.openhab.binding.goecharger-3.3.0.M2.jar
and now the binding is working again

thx

I just installed the GO-E charger and got a new car. So I wanted to try this very helpful binding.

I’m just curious, I’m on openhab 3.3 and I saw that I can take the binding from the marketplace. So, I did. And first everything went fine also by using API v2, but now, always if I start loading via GO E charger app, the bridge goes OFFLINE with reason “java.lang.NumberFormatException: Expected an int but was 9.7 at line 1 column 152 path $.nrg[5]” and similar messages.

Is there currently a need to install the binding manually via some specific jar maybe?

See:

I don’t know if anyone compiled and published a JAR or who publishes the community version.

https://ci.openhab.org/job/openHAB-Addons/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/bundles/org.openhab.binding.goecharger/target/org.openhab.binding.goecharger-3.4.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

Thank you very much!
Am I able to run it on openhab 3.3 or do I need to first upgrade to 3.4?

It should work fine with 3.3.

Thank you very much! works great for me!

1 Like

I installed the go-eCharger binding a while ago. To my understanding the binding is working. I can read the status of my charger through the Items and I am able to alter e.g. the maximum current using a simple script:

GoEChargerMaxCurrent.sendCommand(10)

When I check the go-eCharger app on my iPhone, the setting is changed in the app as well.

However, if I try to change the state of Item Force state through OpenHAB, I don’t succeed:

GoEChargerForceState.sendCommand(1)

does not change anything. The item value changes for a second but as soon as the thing refreshes, the value returns to the original value.
I am, however, able to change the value running the API command e.g. in my browser:

http://192.168.1.130/api/set?frc=1

returns:

{"frc":true}

Also in my iPhone app, the charger tells that the charging was stopped manually.

Has anybody been able to use the advanced example script listed on the add on page Go-eCharger - Bindings | openHAB ?
I am using OpenHAB release build 3.4.2.

Please use latest build, I introduced an error handling commands as frc while adding trx

Thanks Sascha_ for your help! Installing the 4.0.0-SNAPSHOT version helped.

Good morning,

I am thinking of getting the GO-E charger installed, with the newly released GO-E controller. Are there any plans to extend the binding to the controller, e. g. to get data on current consumption of the house or amount of power the solar panels produce?

Regards, Robert

Hi,
can somebody explain the difference of “ForceState” vs “AllowCharging”? I checked the API documentation but the difference is not really clear to me.
Thx
Chris

With Api v1, I used Allow Charging to enable/disable charging. With Api v2, I use Transaction ID to permit charging and forces tate to start/stop charging.

I’m currently working on a way to determine which car is on which charger to send the right transaction ID rather than 0.

All in all, the v2 scheme seems more logical to me

Thx Sascha for quick response AND the binding itself!

I read that on latest snapshot bugs are fixed for forceState. But I can´t update right now because of the Java 17 / older linux distro (learned that yesterday night).
Currently I tried the AllowCharging, but also this seems not to work.
So can you please explain me how you can stop/start charging by the Transaction ID? I am not using any RFID as only one car.
Thx in advance

Is there any easy ways to replace just the goeCharger Binding with the latest snapshot version?