Replying in this thread as well as HERE to ensure widest dissemination, however, I think most of the discussion would do better in one place or the other. The following is what I posted in the other thread:
Apparently, just adding tags to the .items file wasn’t propagating throughout openhab. I attempted to add tags using both Habmin and the REST API and found that I was getting an ‘http error 404 not found’. So I did the following:
- Stop the openhab2 service
sudo systemctl stop openhab2.service
- Navigate to the jsondb items files (located at /var/lib/openhab2/jsondb)
- Add the tags there and save the file.
- Start the openhab2 service
sudo systemctl start openhab2.service
- Added the openhab “device” through the Google Home App
This time the account linked and my items showed up under openhab.
My wife is asleep and I currently only have the lights in our bedroom added in openhab so no chance I’ll be testing them tonight, but I am confident that this has fixed my issue. Thanks for all of your help. It seems that most of these issues are related to tag issues in one way or another.