Google Home - Actions (API) now available!

Thanks for all your hard work!!

Thanks to all for waiting!

Google just fixed their stuff and we are live now.
Please check the official announcement:

BR Mehmet

15 Likes

Awesome thatā€™s great!

Anyways, Iā€™m still having the same issue with the dimmer, even though I unlinked and resetup the account.

Thatā€™s fantastic news!
I have set up all my items through Paper UI, but it doesnā€™t seem to have the option to add tags, what is the best way to add the tags?

Awesome! Great work Mehmet!

I am getting an error thoughā€¦ After linking works, I hit done back to the Home app and at the bottom I get the message ā€œSomething went wrong. Try again.ā€ (Thatā€™s on IOS)

From an Android tablet, I get the ā€œLinking your OpenHAB accountā€, then ā€œCouldnā€™t update the setting. Check your connectionā€

Any ideas?

Incredible work Mehmet and everyone else who has positively contributed to Mehmetā€™s work! Thank you for your patience and for putting up with numerous trolls. Coming from a strong corporate IT Infrastructure (and development) background I have known to stay out of the conversation unless I have something useful to sayā€¦ In this case I couldnā€™t add anything ā€¦ so say nothing except to bestow upon you great thanks. Iā€™ve been building my home automation system over the last few months and following this thread with great interest. I hope thing with you personally have started to level out a bit, it sounds like you have had a tough time of it so the thanks and patience is even more appreciated.

1 Like

getting there - now no more ā€œscopeā€ issues when the Google Home app calls the Myopenhab URL. in there the prompt OAuth2 application authorization is shown - when hitting Allow Google home tells me its adding the account but doesnā€™t show any devices or account being added. When trying again the OAuth2 prompt is still thereā€¦

any ideas??

OpenHAB is still not available for me when I search Google Home App. It showed up before it was pulled yesterday. Am I missing something?

I have just been lurking throughout the development of this action.

I just want to thank you and anyone that assisted for this. I know a lot of work went into it.

Great work, it sure took some doing on you part, but you (and whomever may have helped you in the shadows) for there in the end

Just after waking up this morning I tried again to connect my Google assistant and ā€œboomā€ works flawless now! Thank you very much for this great piece of work @MARZIMA ! I really appreciate how much time and effort you put into this! Great stuff, keep on going! You are really motivating me to get started working on features and Bugfixes dir Openhab soon :slight_smile:

This works so smooth! That was incredibly painless to setup and works great. Thank you all for all your hard work! Itā€™s greatly appreciated.

well now after Google to connect to my openhab it shows me an error : couldnā€™t update settings. Check your connection.
Any idea why?

Same for me!
I read on the ā€œLimitations and known issuesā€ that Sometimes the Account Linkage needs to be done twice and repeated, but I did it over 10 timesā€¦

SOLVED!
I had tags like ā€œTargetTemperatureā€ which are not yet supportedā€¦
Removed them and everything worked!

Thank you,

I have been following this thread for several months now. My goal is to finally ban Alexa completely and replace it with my Google Homeā€™s. When I saw the announcement this morning, of course, I had to try the lights control. It worked perfectly right away.

However, because of excitement, I forgot my sports bag at home. :smiley:

2 Likes

Iā€™m using some openhab addons that uses tags (such as ImperiHome) and moreā€¦
Is this means I canā€™t use the binding?

Is there any estimation if or when will be a fix for this bug?

Thanks ahead,

Hey, thanks tons for this post. My problem seemed to have been related to something item related. I went through to clean up my tags, made everything a [ā€œLightingā€] instead of Switchable and now Iā€™m linked!

sorted my problem - add tags by using HabMin - unlink first in Things - then relink with the required tag - and all works as expected. Great job guys!!

Great! I canā€™t feel it completely, because Iā€™m at my office now, not at home. But I had tagged all needed lights and switches, then successfully linked Google Home with openHAB account. Then I tried turn ON and turn OFF my stuff. And I see in log - it works!
Thanks to Mehmet Arziman for the great job. Thanks everybody who worked on this big thing.

Replying in this thread as well as HERE to ensure widest dissemination, however, I think most of the discussion would do better in one place or the other. The following is what I posted in the other thread:

Apparently, just adding tags to the .items file wasnā€™t propagating throughout openhab. I attempted to add tags using both Habmin and the REST API and found that I was getting an ā€˜http error 404 not foundā€™. So I did the following:

1. Stop the openhab2 service
sudo systemctl stop openhab2.service
  1. Navigate to the jsondb items files (located at /var/lib/openhab2/jsondb)
  2. Add the tags there and save the file.
  3. Start the openhab2 service
sudo systemctl start openhab2.service
  1. Added the openhab ā€œdeviceā€ through the Google Home App

This time the account linked and my items showed up under openhab.

My wife is asleep and I currently only have the lights in our bedroom added in openhab so no chance Iā€™ll be testing them tonight, but I am confident that this has fixed my issue. Thanks for all of your help. It seems that most of these issues are related to tag issues in one way or another.