Heating widget

Same Problem here, @Lyann `s solution did not help in my case :frowning:

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from Heating widget:

Hi @Nico_R,

the witget is awesome and i have done some smal changes.
But i dont get how to change the numbers vrom heating mod to string.
i have tryed maping but it does not work. hase some one idea?

Hi,
I ran into the same issue with my Homematic IP heating, so I played around with the widget code. I think the item states are kind of special (did not have the time to investigate further).
You actually need to change two lines:

line 945
text: =items[props.humItem].displayState.split(' ')[1]
=>
text: =items[props.humItem].displayState

and

line 972
text: =Number(items[props.currentPointItem].state).toFixed(1)
=>
text: =items[props.currentPointItem].displayState.split(' ')[0]

This did the trick for me.

3 Likes

Hi @execcr I have the same problem with popups.
Did you find any solution?

Hi all,

Firstly a big thanks to @Nico_R for this great widget!

On the whole, this widget seems to work as expected for my Nest Thermostat.

Noticed a few things, wondering if someone is able to assist;

1. Temperature values are not displaying correctly even though the ā€˜stateDescriptionā€™ is set to %.1f %unit% (rounding up)
  2. NaN when showing current temperature
  3. Extra % when showing current humidity

Iā€™d expect to see:

• 20.3Ā°c as current temperature as per item in settings
  • 23.5Ā°c as the setpoint as per item in settings
    NaN

Extra % on humidity:
Humidity

Any help on the above would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

Many thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Jeevs

AFAIK you should not use spaces in location

- component: widget:widget_HeatingCSS_2.0.0
  config:

EDIT: seems others stumbled on the same :wink: Heating widget - #41 by RowanS

Hi all,
Iā€™ve stumbled upon this heating widget and I gotta admit that it is a real beauty folks. Thank you Nico for putting it together.
I would like to use it for my own application, but Iā€™ve trouble understanding the concept behind.
Currently I turn on/off the heater with an USB relay manually.
The way it is done in OH:

1 item:

• Heating switch (on/off)

2 rules based on item state:

• relay on (runs exec command to activate USB relay)

• relay off (runs different exec command to deactive the relay)

Currently it is independent of any temperature, however Iā€™ve recently got a z-wave sensor to measure Ā°C in the house, so I would like to upgrade the setup.

As I undrestand the ā€œSetpoint itemā€ is an item for your thermostat with another Ā°C reading?

Would it be possible to program the widget to have a set temperature (manually set) then when it is reached it triggers relay off, and when temperature drops below the set, it triggers relay on rule?

Or for this to achieve I should start with a new rule or new widget?

Thank you for your kind support!

Cheers.

BUMP - any help would be really appreciated :slight_smile:

I have the same issue using a Hue sensor. On line 972 you can preserve the original intent of displaying a number rounded to 1 decimal place by just adding .split(' ')[0] after .state to give:
text: =Number(items[props.currentPointItem].state.split(' ')[0]).toFixed(1)

Iā€™m figuring out how to do something similar to you at the moment - separate sensor and relay to turn on and off heating.

Setpoint in this context is just a number item that you supply to the heating widget configuration - you may want to initialise it via a rule or with a standard widget on a page for testing.

The heating widget just gives you the UI and allows you to change the setpoint or mode (on/off/etc). You need to update your rules to test for current temperature against setpoint and turn your relay on or off accordingly. Just work with the items that you specify to the widget.

Hi joh!
This morning I could finally solve the case. Iā€™ve used and tweaked the rule from here:
https://community.openhab.org/t/my-central-heating-solution-using-thermal-actuators/41320

Then Iā€™ve assigned the Setpoint item in the widget. It works just fine so far.

Cheers!

Hi.

I recently installed the heating widget 2.0.0 using OH 3.1. I can set the temp of my heater, display the actual temp but cannot see nor set the mode.

The item works (verified) and I entered auto,manual,off as the modes for my heater.
What should I expect to see in the widget?

When I press the ā€˜handā€™ in the widget, nothing happens.

Any idea of what can be wrong?
-ben

Problem solved, there were spaces in the location property, after removing them all works great.
Tnx @crnjan !

Do you think there is a possibility to integrate an schedule? Or do you know such an Widget?

1 Like

Iā€™m pretty new to the widgets on OH3, and this is really nice one for Heating thermostat, but I tried to edit to allow me to add my AC unit. we get pretty hot down here in the South. (US) any chance you can add a coolset point to this? I failed multiple timesā€¦LOL I need Heat and Cool

do u have a Nest Thermostat?i have the same problems with youā€¦

Certainly do, Iā€™ve made updates to the widget for it to display correctly.

Happy to share the updated code if you like?

1 Like

sure mate thank you very much

Hello, I have a Nest thermostat and having the same issue. Would you be kind enough to share the updated code as well?

Mind sharing the code??