HomeHabit Dashboard - Original thread

Animated Radar widget.
from https://www.wunderground.com/weather/api/d/docs?d=layers/radar&MR=1

Frame label="Radar {widget:web}" {
			Webview  url="http://api.wunderground.com/api/YourAPIKey/animatedradar/image.gif?centerlat=29.661385&centerlon=-95.0618613&radius=30&width=480&height=480&delay=50&newmaps=1&num=5&timelabel=1&timelabel.x=375&timelabel.y=41"
		}

1 Like

First attempt at mounting the tablet on the wall. Mounted a Qi charger on the wall and then the tablet sticks to it with heavy duty Velcro. The idea is that itā€™s easily removableā€¦ Only problem is that the Velcro is way too strong so itā€™s actually impossibly to get it off the wall now Doh!

Will have to rethink for V2ā€¦

Iā€™m trying to add a motion sensor, using Contact item.

sitemap:

Frame label="Hall nƤrvaro {widget:motion-sensor}" {
    Contact item=FF_Entrance_4in1_Motion
}

Maybe Iā€™m missing something with how Contact should be defined in itemfile?

Contact FF_Entrance_4in1_Motion     "NƤrvaro [%s]"            (FF_Entrance) channel="zwave:device:controller:node14:sensor_binary"}

Should the above not work? For me, this most of the time results in an exception when I load the sitemap in Rotini, when it does not give the exception, I still donā€™t get the widget;

12:40:36.030 [WARN ] [eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler] - /proxy
org.eclipse.emf.common.util.BasicEList$BasicIndexOutOfBoundsException: index=17, size=17
        at org.eclipse.emf.common.util.BasicEList.get(BasicEList.java:346)[62:org.eclipse.emf.common:2.11.0.v20150805-0538]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl.getWidget(ItemUIRegistryImpl.java:485)[129:org.eclipse.smarthome.ui:0.8.0.201605311814]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.internal.proxy.ProxyServlet.doGet(ProxyServlet.java:140)[129:org.eclipse.smarthome.ui:0.8.0.201605311814]
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:687)[19:javax.servlet-api:3.1.0]
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:790)[19:javax.servlet-api:3.1.0]
        at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:812)[79:org.eclipse.jetty.servlet:9.2.14.v20151106]
        at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:587)[79:org.eclipse.jetty.servlet:9.2.14.v20151106]
        at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.jetty.internal.HttpServiceServletHandler.doHandle(HttpServiceServletHandler.java:70)[163:org.ops4j.pax.web.pax-web-jetty:4.2.4]
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:143)[78:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.2.14.v20151106]
        at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:577)[77:org.eclipse.jetty.security:9.2.14.v20151106]
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:223)[78:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.2.14.v20151106]
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1127)[78:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.2.14.v20151106]
        at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.jetty.internal.HttpServiceContext.doHandle(HttpServiceContext.java:271)[163:org.ops4j.pax.web.pax-web-jetty:4.2.4]
        at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:515)[79:org.eclipse.jetty.servlet:9.2.14.v20151106]
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:185)[78:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.2.14.v20151106]
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1061)[78:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.2.14.v20151106]
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:141)[78:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.2.14.v20151106]
        at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.jetty.internal.JettyServerHandlerCollection.handle(JettyServerHandlerCollection.java:80)[163:org.ops4j.pax.web.pax-web-jetty:4.2.4]
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:97)[78:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.2.14.v20151106]
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:499)[78:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.2.14.v20151106]
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.handle(HttpChannel.java:311)[78:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.2.14.v20151106]
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.onFillable(HttpConnection.java:257)[78:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.2.14.v20151106]
        at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection$2.run(AbstractConnection.java:544)[70:org.eclipse.jetty.io:9.2.14.v20151106]
        at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:635)[81:org.eclipse.jetty.util:9.2.14.v20151106]
        at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:555)[81:org.eclipse.jetty.util:9.2.14.v20151106]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)[:1.8.0_92]

I use 3M command stips, the velcro ones. Makes taking off the wall easy.

Can somebody help me with the advanced map widget. I have it all working with the google maps on my openhab system. I canā€™t get the markers to show up in rotini. When I check my items using the rest api, it does give a latitude and longitude. My home show up on the widget, just not my phones. Any ideas?

Yeah I bought the ā€œ3 Timesā€ stronger 3M command velcro stripsā€¦ But they are WAY too strong :slight_smile:

When you rest the location you are using for rotini what does it show?

Mine looks like this

<item>
<type>StringItem</type>
<name>DavidLocation</name>
<state>29.6614319,-95.0629999</state>
<link>http://192.168.2.15:8080/rest/items/DavidLocation</link>
</item>

Here is the item line I use from Watou

String DavidLocation "David location [%s]" (Where) { mqtt="<[lexor:owntracks/Lex/LexLuther:state:JS(owntracks-coordinates.js)]" }

My rest item shows

LocationItem
locationJoe
4X.756253,-12X.6556473

http://192.168.1.64:8080/rest/items/locationJoe The Xs are numbers. Does it need to be a String Item?

yes it does

Thanks, that worked. Do you know if you set a refresh for rotini to retrieve the state of all items? Sometimes it seems to take a while for thing to update. My tablet screen remains on for 30 minutes and it seem to not always update after a light switch changes for instance.

Ok, Iā€™ll biteā€¦ how do you install this?

What does it use on your mobile device? an app? browser?

the github wiki could really use a FAQ to answer these newbie questions

tom

1 Like

It is all on the first page of the WIKI :

How to get it?

The project is currently in closed beta stage. To try it out now - follow these steps:

Request invite in Google+ community
After request is approved, opt-in for app testing through Play Store
Click ā€œBecome Testerā€ button
Click link to download app through Play Store
Install the app

Version 0.7.58
Release Notes

Improvements:
ā€¢ Performance improvements throughout the app (major internal changes)
ā€¢ Support for RPM unit #114

Fixes:
ā€¢ Crash when using PIN on Android 4.4 #109
ā€¢ Crash during setup when using self-signed certificate on Android 4.4 #121
ā€¢ Backdrop image should refresh when associated item has been updated
ā€¢ Other bug and crash fixes

Everyone

There are major internal changes in this release. It provides performance improvements for sitemap loading and widget rendering. It also should allow smoother sailing for some upcoming features, as well as few bug fixes for the existing issues.

Bugs are likely, so please report anything that you think is off, especially if it was working before.
Thanks.

Igor,
Fantastic stuff, as usual! Thank you for moving it forward and building a great UI on top of an amazing platform.
Iā€™m wondering - do you have charts on your roadmap? :slight_smile: Would be awesome to have ā€œnativeā€ charts instead of server-side rendered images.

Cheers

Yes, native charts are in development. It is one the ā€œbigā€ next features, but it can still be some time before the release.

Hi @igor. One thing Iā€™m getting after the update is that rotini keeps forgetting which sitemap it is on and reverts to the first one in the list of available sitemaps. This happens whenever the device comes out of standby. Is this something at my end or a result of the update?

Does it happens only when app is opened while device comes of standby or even if it was closed and you tap on app icon?

Iā€™ve spent some time trying to figure out what the pattern is, but havenā€™t been able to pin it down.

• Closing the app, and removing it from recents, and then restarting it seems to work fine - it remembers the sitemap selected.
  • Going into standby by pressing the power button and then coming out of standby also works fine - it remembers the correct map
  • The issue seems to happen by just leaving the app running for an hour or so without touching it. When we go back to the tablet/controller, rotini has returned to the first sitemap in the available sitemaps list

Two other problems Iā€™ve encountered are:

1. On one device (Galaxy S3 running Cyanogenmod), using Rotiniā€™s full screen mode, NO widgets are loaded from any sitemap that has tabs. Single page sitemaps load fine. Multi-tab sitemaps show the tab headings but nothing else. Reverting back to non-full screen mode, the widgets load up fine.

2. Earlier today on a Nexus 7 that had reverted back to the first sitemap, Rotiniā€™s settings menu item had disappeared! i.e. I could use the hamburger at the top to open the side panel which listed the available sitemaps, but the settings link at the bottom of the panel was not being shown. Closing Rotini/clearing from recents and then restarting it brought the settings option back.

I hope the above helps. In the meantime, any chance of allowing us to use the previous build whilst you get a chance to look into the current issues? :slight_smile:

Thanks again @Igor - fantastic app!

Hi Igor, loving the app. Thanks for all your hard work. Iā€™m getting exactly the same as Smar. Keeps reverting to default openhab sitemap after a period of time. I have to keep manually selecting my Rotini sitemap. Any help would be really appreciated! Thanks again.