HomeHabit Dashboard - Original thread

Glad you enjoying the app.

What is your device(s)?

Nexus 7 2013

I donā€™t seem to be having these issues on my LG GPad running Android 4.4ā€¦

As Iā€™m seeing the behaviour on a Nexus 7 (2012), Galaxy S4 and a Galaxy S3, it may not be hardware dependent but possibly something in our individual specific set ups.

Do you have multiple sitemaps configured (the first of which is your normal openHAB classic/basic UI)? In my case, that is the one that Rotini is going to, and then failing with widget not found error, as it is not a Rotini sitemap.

EDIT: Actually all my above hardware are running Marshmallow. I wonder if that is the common link?

I have 3 sitemaps available and the one I use on my tab is the 3rd in the list.

I have the openhab default and a single rotini sitemap on a galaxy tab A 8" on the wall and rotini hasnā€™t yet switched to the openhab default and has stayed on the rotini one. Android 5.05 or something like that.

Chris

@shamim Iā€™m running rotini on a Nexus 7 (2013) with Marshmallow, and havenā€™t had the problem youā€™re speaking of. It stays on the rotini sitemap, unless I specifically choose another one. Sounds like a software issue to me.

Canā€™t think what else the issue could be. Iā€™ve tried changing sitemap names/labels in case long names was causing the app to trip, but that didnā€™t help. As it is happening on all my devices, but is working fine for others, I can only assume that there is something in my set up - whether my openHAB or my sitemaps - that is causing the current build of rotini to trip up. However, I donā€™t think Iā€™ve got anything unusual in my set up (which was working fine on the previous builds).

hmmm, iā€™m getting exactly the same as Smar. Clean Marshmellow install. Only started happening with the latest update. Previously was working fine. Not sure what else to check in my set up, but sitemap keeps reverting back to default.sitemap (OH basic sitemap) after an hour or so.

@shamim @smar I do think it is a bug, even though I didnā€™t find the root cause yet. Current working theory is that it has something to do with internet/wifi reconnect, which might explain why it happens only to few users.
Bug filed: https://github.com/igorgladkov/rotini/issues/132

I believe that consequence of sitemap switch issue should be fixed in the next version, although Iā€™m still not exactly sure what was triggering that situation.

Version 0.8.62
Release Notes

New:
ā€¢ Clock screensaver (timeout or item state based)

Improvements:
ā€¢ Support for spinner configuration for Mode widget #47

Fixes:
ā€¢ Mode widget doesnā€™t always trigger when selecting a mode bug #112
ā€¢ Image widget shows incorrect or switched images #131
ā€¢ Sitemap selection is switched by itself to first sitemap in the list #132
ā€¢ Other crash fixes

Thanks for looking into this @igor - much appreciated.

One other thought - could it be in someway linked to the sitemap name as defined in the first line of the sitemap and the name of the .sitemap file? I noticed that when I changed the sitemap file name, my images were no longer updating until the name in the first line of the file matched the filename. In any event, I have now made them all consistent, and so will know soon if this may be part of the issue.

EDIT: Ignore that. Problem still there. This time I saw it happen. Screen was off. I walked in front of the tablet, which made it come on (motion detector/tasker). When the screen came on, the sitemap showed correctly (and with the current time - so it looked as if had come on correctly). As the images on the screen were still being refreshed (these are always initially grayed out when coming out of standby for a second or two), the sitemap switched.

Anyway, Iā€™ll wait till the update hits Google Play.

Thanks @igor. The sitemap problem seems to be fixed!

For me too! Many thanks for your help l, Igor. Really appreciate it.

Any progress on the problem of dpi changing?

Since you changed the behavior of rotini, i can only see 2 rows on my samsung galaxy note 4 with 5,7 screen with 2560x1440

With the older rotini version i got 4 rows and it was great, but now its not usable for me any moreā€¦ Too big widgets and to less information on one screen. I always have to scroll a lot.

Donā€™t remember if you told me that before: what is your OS? and is that stock or custom DPI on device?

I told you this some time ago, i also posted some screenshots in this thread.

Version 0.9.63
Release Notes

New:
ā€¢ Camera widget, includes MJPEG support

Improvements:
ā€¢ Various screensaver changes

Fixes:
ā€¢ Screensaver timeout timer not reset at item update #133

1 Like

Thanks @Igor, loving the new screen saver especially with itā€™s external control meaning I can now get the alarm motion sensor near the tablet to stop the screensaver if I walk by :slight_smile:
Do you think youā€™d be able to get it to switch the screen on if itā€™s been turned off by the tablet itself? That would be the ultimate but if itā€™s too difficult then just say and Iā€™ll see if I can put something together using tasker or the like.