HomeHabit Dashboard - Original thread

I’m not sure on turning it on after device timeout, but display on/off screensaver from the app is a planned feature

I recall now. There are no updates at this point, but it is in development for alternative solution

Anyone know if it’s possible to use icons with the “button” widget? The wiki doesn’t give an example and I’ve tried a few variations without luck…

Icons are not supported on button widget

Thanks Igor… I’m still trying to come up with an ideal solution for the garage and gate where there is a contact and switch and it’d be great if both could be used in a single widget.

At the moment I have a “window-sensor” widget to show the status of the garage and gate and then I have to have a separate “button” widget to activate the open/close…

I think it’s possible for me to do it with a 3rd “virtual” switch in OpenHAB that I set the status of using rules based on the switch and contact but it’s feeling a little confusing at the moment :slight_smile:

Exactly my setup. +1 for a widget that supports this.

Thanks for the new update @igor. I am having some difficulty in getting the mjpeg camera widget working. I’ve copied the example from the wiki exactly as is, replacing the url with one of my camera mjpeg urls (and tested that the url works correctly in Chrome). However, the Rotini dashboard falls over at the widget definition stage - i.e. the widget and everything else after the widget line is not rendered.

Using the still image mode of the widget instead of mjpeg works fine. If I use the Video type but leave out the encoding="mjpeg" tag, the dashboard renders correctly but leaves an empty box where the video feed should be.

Is there anything else I can try?

Also, I realise its a long shot, but do you have any plans of including rtsp feeds?

Can you post your widget config (scrubbing URI parts)? I get the feeling that there is a syntax error somewhere.

Does OpenHAB backend proxy supports rtsp now? I know it didn’t sometime ago.

I added an mjpeg stream to my screens yesterday as well. With no issue. Widgets are updating properly. Only when I got back to the tablet this morning I saw that the picture froze in the mid of the night.
The webcam image contains a timestamp. But I havent digged deeper into the issue as of now.

Are you sure that you already updated to the latest version of the app? I had that once, where I forgot to update manually as the auto-update did not catch it jet.

In general, the app will reconnect to a feed after connection is lost, but there are might some other things at play that prevented (re)connect. Let me know if you would have any new info.

Even without last update new widget would just be shown as config error in sitemap, but it shouldn’t affect anything around it.

Do you have any font scaling applied in system settings? Such as large text option in accessibility or anything else that is related to system font size

The widget config is:

Frame label="Backyard {widget:camera}" {
  	Video url="http://c:c@172.16.3.203/Streaming/channels/102/httppreview/" encoding="mjpeg"
}

The only difference I guess is that the url is passing basic authentication - could this be the issue? (Unfortunately the camera will not allow anonymous for mjpeg streaming).

I’m not sure whether openHAB proxy does, but I assumed that for video feeds, you are going directly to the camera (i.e. without the openHAB proxy in the way)? If so, cameras that support rtsp could be accessed in the same way.

My device is also using basic Auth with no issue. But I have to add the file to my config. For my cam it was video.cgi. What is yours? Try to add that, even if it’s an index.whatever.

@waitz_sebastian Actually there was a slight typo in the url endpoint in that it is http://c:c@172.16.3.203/Streaming/channels/102/httppreview (i.e. without the / at the end). However, this still does not work. I could not find any other page name for these cameras (e.g. with .cgi ending).

The strange thing is that the sitemap seems to fall over completely with this widget and not render anything else (no other tab pages, most other widgets on the same page are also missing etc).

@igor , I noticed that if I remove the encoding="mjpeg" from the end of the line, the sitemap renders correctly, but with the camera widget empty. Could the problem be something to do with the encoding? (FYI, the cameras are all Hikvision 2 and 3mp, e.g. DS-2CD2232-I5. The mjpeg substream has been correctly configured and works outside of rotini, even in Chrome which does not support any activeX etc).

Release 0.10
Release Notes

Improvements:
• Support for multiple sitemap densities (adjustable in settings)
• Ability to set custom icon for a sitemap
• List of sitemaps is now sorted alphabetically

Example of compact density on Nexus 7 (2013) below:

1 Like

@halloween The upcoming release has a setting to adjust sitemap density. Let me know if that improved your app experience.

What am i doing wrong here?

Frame label="Home Theater {widget:scene}" {
            Switch item=TV_Movie label="{icon:movie}"
            Switch item=TV_Off label="{icon:switch}"
            Switch item=TV_Tv label="{icon:tv}"
    }

Rotini say: Invalid Configuration, eighter selection or at least a couple of switch items is required.

however i just copied your example and renamed some switch items.

? :slight_smile:
Any clue?

@Cham.dk what is the items config for these?

just
Switch TV_Tv “TV Time”

etc… nothing special

@Cham.dk okay, I’ve got similar reports before from few users, so there might be a bug or something. Will check it out.