HomeHabit Dashboard - Original thread

I got a solution, had to force rotini app to close down, it works fine now. apparently i could not self update. thank you for fast reply

However i got another issue
I use the Denon Binding for controlling my AVR there is a command “DenonCommand” when i use your mode widget it always say N/A and shows no icon. it is because that specific command do not get updates. read more on denon binding, if you like :slight_smile:

But could it be possible to just make a default Label and icon? if it is undefined or whatever it will just roll back to that.?

In a true “mode” sense there should never be a default, since there is always known list of modes, so I don’t think it makes sense to add that mode widget.
If binding doesn’t send updates maybe a custom rule that always send state update after a command would fix that? Otherwise, wouldn’t you always loose latest/current denom command anyway, in case of openhab restart or something?

I wanted to test the new rotini version, but i am not at home. I configured the my.openhab-settings in rotini, but it doesn´t work.

With habdroid it is working with no problem.

Can somebody help me?

Settings for remote access in rotini:

Scheme: https
Host: my.openhab.org
Port:
Username: xxx@yyy.com
Password:
Authentication: on

Error-message: Connection error - Unable to connect to openhab

I´m currently connected with wlan of a friend.

EDIT: With mobile internet from my smartphone it is working - but not with wlan. Habdroid is working with both.

Any ideas?

And my replay to the new density settings:

GREAT!!! Works like a charm!

Now i can use my old sitemaps and i can see many widgets on only one page without scrolling all the time.

IIrc Igor confirmed via G+ that there is a bug in checking which access method is preferred one.

One thing is not so good:

If i use density compact or moderate, the text of some switches is not displayed completly anymore. If the text is too long, i can only see “text…”. Can you adjust the font size, too? So that you can see the whole text label in small font size?

Text is already adjusted and smaller in compact/moderate density, but relatively there is less space to work with, so less text will fit on average.
Can you post a screenshot as an example though?

Also, do you have any font scaling applied in system settings? Such as large text option in accessibility or anything else that is related to system font size

Seems like Rotini does some nasty background network traffic. I switched off wireless today in the office at 10am and checked the status. Then I left Rotini backgrounded. Till 9pm it polled 800 megs of data. Luckily I do have a flat.
Any ideas?

By backgrounded you mean you exited the app (e.g. tapped home button or similar)?

EDIT: never mind, I understood wording on the screenshot. Will check on that, it shouldn’t be connected.

@waitz_sebastian Can you tell me a bit more about your setup:
• do you have refreshing images/mjpeg added to your sitemaps (especially one that was selected at that time)?
• how many items do you have in the system?
• how many sitemaps?

• do you have refreshing images/mjpeg added to your sitemaps (especially one that was selected at that time)?
Answer: Yeah, I’m just testing the new camera widget on my main Sitemap. Contains one image camera with 10sec refresh and 1x mjpg Camera.
• how many items do you have in the system?
Answer: I have 140 different items in my OH setup and 85 are used on the main rotini sitemaps
• how many sitemaps?
Answer: 4 sitemaps. 3 are used by rotini

Best guess would be the new mjpeg Camera widget having the stream still active even in background mode. Yes, I closed the app via pressing the home button.
I only went from wifi to cellular because rotini does not refreshin wifi mode when connected to any other wifi than the home one.
Hope this helps debugging the issue. Any questions, let me know.
Thanks

Igor, it is really good stuff !

I have play with and have two questions:

• how to change icon orders / position within same sitemap ?
  • is it possible to use conditional visibility per icon (same as in Openhab) ?

Currently widgets are ordered in flow order wrapping to the next line when needed in the order it is defined in sitemap config

No, not supported at this time. That said, what is your use case?

Yeah if you have any webcams or images that refresh… beware as it will use lots of data… I have a separate sitemap that I access remotely where the images refreshes are set very low.

This what I supposed, but had a problem to put few 1x1 amd 2x2 widget in correct order :slight_smile:

Ie. to check if any door or window is open. I know that I can put each of them, but if you have 20+ sensors it is not easy to check one by one. In openhab app I have condition that visible are only active, so just simple look on escreen before you will leave a home and you know everything :slight_smile:

Found a bug. It doesn’t happen all the time, but in certain conditions the app will reconnect the mjpeg stream (or sitemap updates stream for that matter) when it goes into background.

Release 0.11
Release Notes

Improvements:
• Swipe-to-refresh support for sitemap tabs
• Periodic auto-refresh for selected sitemap (every minute) and list of sitemaps (every 10 minutes) while the app is active

Fixes:
• Some connections are not closed after application goes into background

Are you using OH2 by any chance? I get the same symptoms on OH2, and it seems like Video config is not working properly even with default UIs: https://community.openhab.org/t/video-in-sitemap-breaks-ui/8542

Looks great - how did I get this?

By following the instructions from the docu which you can obtain from the “popular links” on the first post.