I’m setting up OH 2.0 beta 4, and use MyQ binding (OH1 binding). I set the sitemap and item same as https://github.com/openhab/openhab/wiki/Chamberlain-MyQ-Binding
The binding seems to work fine. My question is, how do I add a thing? I don’t see the item or thing for MyQ binding from the UI. Right now, I cannot view the status or control it from Paper UI or classic UI or other UI out of box from OpenHAB 2.0.
Below is the log
14:14:14.554 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - GarageDoorString changed from NULL to Closed
14:14:14.556 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - GarageDoorShutter changed from NULL to 100
14:14:14.557 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - GarageDoorSwitch changed from NULL to OFF
14:14:14.558 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - GarageDoorContact changed from NULL to CLOSED
I recently moved from 1.8 to 2.0 … and think I’ve gotten my head around things. However, getting myq to work in my 2.0 setup has proven difficult. It must be a config/setup issue, but despite reading a lot of threads, I can’t seem to get the door to operate. (Never had an issue with 1.8 … and the door via the myq app still works fine.)
I installed the myq binding via PaperUI
I followed the steps Mao indicated above.
The right credentials are in services/myq.cfg.
Using the basic UI, the switch, contact, status are shown and the switch can be turned on/off.
In the event log, I see the commands being received for the garage door… but the door does not open/close.
Any help / suggestions for how to debug would be appreciated.
Do you by any chance see this error or similar thing in the log? What I’m interested in is whether it’s connecting to the server successfully.
2017-01-22 01:10:27.112 [ERROR] [nhab.binding.myq.internal.MyqBinding] - Could not connect to MyQ service
java.io.IOException: Null response from MyQ server
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)[:1.8.0_102]
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(Unknown Source)[:1.8.0_102]
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(Unknown Source)[:1.8.0_102]
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknown Source)[:1.8.0_102]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)[:1.8.0_102]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)[:1.8.0_102]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)[:1.8.0_102]
I cannot tell what’s happening. But I would suggest:
collect all the logging from myq binding. You can do that by
"log:set trace org.openhab.binding.myq.internal"
These will give you all the logging about what’s myq binding is doing and what data is it.
It seems like myq binding stops working. Otherwise, it should keep polling the server (trying to connect or getting status from it). You should see the exception if it fails to connect to the server.
If myq binding works and connects to the server successfully, I suggest you double check the item configuration.
If you set the log level to trace in step 1, you should see something like
[TRACE] [openhab.binding.myq.internal.MyqData] - Received MyQ JSON:
And if there is no error after that, I think it means the connection is successful.