Is here anyone using Volumio?

Fantastic! It’s working.
But how do I configure my playlist?

I have found, thanks.

1 Like

Thanks for the answer!

I just updated everything, my Openhab Vesion to the newest version as well as your binding to the newest verions.

My used versions are now:

Volumio Binding: org.openhab.binding.volumio2-2.4.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
OpenHab Version: openhab2 2.3.0-1

I will try again if now everythings work or not, if not i will give an update afterwards!

Hi with

the manual thing configuration does not work anymore. Status gets stuck at:
UNINITIALIZED - HANDLER_CONFIGURATION_PENDING

My item configuration is as follows:

Thing volumio2:player:wz "Livingroom_Volumio"  [ hostname="192.168.178.51" ]

I’m going back on a previous release. Maybe someone has a fix.

Thnx for this great plugin!!! Using it with pleasure. I found a small bug. When a webradio stream is playing and i pause it, and start the stream afterwards, i’m unable to stop it. The only way is to start something else like spotify or local music and the webstream is forced to stop. I see that when a local file or spotify is playing in volumio, the pause / play button is a pause button when playing. When a webstream is playing, it’s a stop button. According to the logfile from openhab the status is the same when playing webstream or local file/spotify, but it seems like under the surface there is a difference. Anyone else notice this behaviour?

Hi Patrickse,

it seems, that updating the plugin as well as updating openhab didnt solve the issue. My logs are full of the following entries:

2018-12-27 07:40:03.452 [ERROR] [ng.volumio2.internal.Volumio2Service] - Timedout while conntecting to Volumio on volumio.local.

2018-12-27 07:51:44.592 [me.event.ThingUpdatedEvent] - Thing 'volumio2:player:cb5ab4a1-2a6d-4173-9fca-f28459cd230e-Volumio' has been updated.

2018-12-27 07:51:44.918 [INFO ] [ng.volumio2.internal.Volumio2Service] - Connected to Volumio2 on 192.168.1.30

2018-12-27 07:51:44.943 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'volumio2:player:cb5ab4a1-2a6d-4173-9fca-f28459cd230e-Volumio' changed from OFFLINE to ONLINE

The status change from offline to online happen whenever i update my thing to the local ip adress, meaning volumio.local does not work. but i can reach volumio via webbrowser by using this adress.
Any ideas?

I did some little research and found that the Stop command for Volumio exists and it doesn’t break the webstreaming functionality (pause does this after a couple of pause / play on a webstream) I’m don’t know how to change the binding to use Stop in stead of pause, or add the Stop functionality.

You can test it by opening this URL in the browser: http://volumio.local/api/v1/commands/?cmd=stop, the result is: {“time”:1546248106841,“response”:“stop Success”}. Unfortunately openhab log / binding sees it as a pause: VolumioPlayer changed from PLAY to PAUSE

So I hope this can be added in the binding!

Hi patrickse,

still there? Problem see above still exists…

Many thanks!

Update: i found out that the volumio binding uses regularly after a reboot/ restart ob openhab the standard url

volumio.local

instead of the adapted url/ip.

found new infos to this issue, see attached log…

2019-01-06 11:40:45.486 [ERROR] [ng.volumio2.internal.Volumio2Service] - Could not connect to Volumio on 192.168.1.30

2019-01-06 11:41:10.362 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'volumio2:player:cb5ab4a1-2a6d-4173-9fca-f28459cd230e-Volumio' changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR) to OFFLINE

2019-01-06 11:41:10.378 [me.event.ThingUpdatedEvent] - Thing 'volumio2:player:cb5ab4a1-2a6d-4173-9fca-f28459cd230e-Volumio' has been updated.

2019-01-06 11:41:10.449 [ERROR] [ng.volumio2.internal.Volumio2Service] - Could not connect to Volumio on volumio.local.

within some minutes, the volumio binding changed the url autonomously, meaning that in the meantime i didnt change anything. seems that the binding acts a bit idenpendently…

Hi @anon71383850,

sorry been it bit busy over the holidays. I am currently struggling to get my volumio vm up again. I do not have any device to develop at the moment. I will see if I can re-activate one of my old PI´s.

Thanks for the informations I will have a look…

@anon71383850

I guess the autonomous change of the hostname is issued by the discovery handler.

At this point I retrieve the server name from the mdns name and return the result to openhab. Because the uuid is unique, I guess openhab relates the discovered hostname to the already defined thing and overwrites the property.

That´s just a gues… as I am still struggling with my test environment…

thanks for this info!

if i can help you in any way, just give me a hint!

any news?

I fixed my dev environment… but I can´t fix the problem atm. It works as long as there’s no discovery running for volumio devices. As soon as this discovery kicks in… the value for the hostname is changed to the mdns. I guess it depends on the UUID stuff and that my autogenerated UUID is crap.

any news now? the volumio binding is at the moment for me not usable… :frowning:

Sorry to hear that. I still got no clue why the configuration is changed by the automatic discovery process. I am currently out of time to do anything about it. I will try to further investigate next week.

thanks for your support anyway! i switched to a kodi box and the communication to the kodi binding works fine. kodi is also fine for me to listen to radio etc.

many thanks anyway and good luck for your binding :slight_smile:

Any news on this?

Hi,
In my case I was able to install and configure it successfully, but it seems like after clicking “Play” on the player item (with the latest snapshot) the communication fails. Any idea why this might happen?

Please look inside your log file… maybe there’s a hint…