Is here anyone using Volumio?

thanks for your support anyway! i switched to a kodi box and the communication to the kodi binding works fine. kodi is also fine for me to listen to radio etc.

many thanks anyway and good luck for your binding :slight_smile:

Any news on this?

Hi,
In my case I was able to install and configure it successfully, but it seems like after clicking ā€œPlayā€ on the player item (with the latest snapshot) the communication fails. Any idea why this might happen?

Please look inside your log fileā€¦ maybe thereā€™s a hintā€¦

Hi Patrickse,

Is there any way to get the volumio album artwork to an item in openhab?

Thanks S

HI Patrick, Are you (or any one else) release an update for v2.50 ?regards, Peter

Hi Patrick, after some time the device goes offline. If I go to the Things edit I see I lost Hostname value.

If I put ip address in hostname and save the thing goes online, then after sometimes it lost again the value. Can you please help me to solve this problem?
Is there a way to use this binding with voice commands (Alexa)?
Best regards

Hi Massimo,

I have the same issue, as a workaround I created the thing in a textfile and used the same name/id as paperUI:

Thing volumio2:player:06417617-77ff-4108-b55c-0177f45280fd "Volumio Garage"  [ hostname="volumio01.lan.domain.tld", port=3000, protocol="http"  ]

(name/id is the last part of the paperUI url while editing the thing) The only side effect I have is a volumio device permanently in my inbox.

Hi Tom, thank you this solve the lost hostname and offline problem.
Now play, pause,next and previous song are working well. In paper UI I canā€™t see always the title/artist.
Do you think that I can do the same with items to use alexa for voice control? What parameters should be passed to the items?
thank you, best regards

Hi,

For as far as I know you should be able to create everything in text files. Like this:

Player  Volumio_Player      "Volumio player"        { channel="<volumioID>:player", alexa="PlaybackController.playback"  }

I have no experience with Alexa so this is based on reading the following pages:

https://www.openhab.org/docs/ecosystem/alexa/ (alexa)
https://github.com/patrickse/org.openhab.binding.volumio2 (volumio items)

Hi, thank you Tom. This solution work but I have to delete the player item created by the binding beacause I had two player items:
Cattura
I thought that I coudnā€™t delete items created by the binding but i was wrong. :smile:
Unluckily I found that PlaybackController is not supported in my language by Alexa in this moment :sob: so I have to find some other method to do this (maybe exec binding with switch configuration using Volumioā€™s api commands for play pause) or wait for language support

hi patrick, have you plan to make a openhab3 binding? :grinning:

I brought the volumio2 binding up to OH 3. On the first look it seems to work:

Look at the volumio2 branch.

1 Like

Cant find the jar file for OH3
Do I need to build it myself?

Hi Chris,

Could you please share the jar file for OH3 of your great volumio binding? Iā€™ve tried to rewrite the thing but canā€™t get it compiled with the bnd-maven stuff after many hours. It would be really great to have this binding in openhab3 as well. Many thanks for your wonderful support.

Jan-Bernard

2 Likes

Update: I managed to compile the volumio2 thing jar-files for OH3 and uploaded these under the target folder. In case you still need these @Oded :slight_smile:

Considering the amount of effort it took, I took the liberty to add the jar-files on the volumio2 branch from @stargazer74

Sorry to reply on this older post.
Somebody had this working with openhab3 in combination with volumio3?

This works for one volumio but from the moment you add a 2nd one, binding online but things doesnā€™t get any data.
Also issue with multiroom function in volumio3. Are there othere bindings around?

Hello,
how du I use this binding?
Where can I find the latest .jar?

I found not install documentation on GitHub.
Thanks

JĆ¼rgen

Hello JĆ¼rgen,
The link to the .jar is two posts above. How to install an addon manually, you can find in the docu here:
https://www.openhab.org/docs/configuration/addons.html