LightwaveRF - New LightwaveRF Binding

Hi Dave,

Thanks for coming back to me!

I’d tried the options on Legacy 1.x bindings - It’s working as, say Astro is showing two options in (Addons - Bindings) of Astro and Astro (1.X)

So oddly in the Paper UI something odd is happening. Sods law it is in the one bit i really want!

At the top of this thread (feb 6)

There is the link https://github.com/delid4ve/lightwaverf

But there i only see a comment on a deleted jar…AH WAIT…2nd from bottom there is a org.openhab.etc and due to long file name it is dotted out. DOH

Knew i’d missed something stupid. How to feel like a Muppet. DOWNLOADING

Will give it a shot!

To be fair I’ve only got a dimmer installed at the moment, but a couple of sockets and i think they’re mentioned in the readme. This actually is all because i want a socket turning my subs on and off in my cinema reliably with my harmony routines because the IR energy saving socket is a bit flakey…The ir socket in my bedroom also gave up and LightwaveRF is one of the few that will dim and work without a neutral and the Deta Connect versions are cheap and pretty too :smiley:

Thanks for again for the nudge to a blinding silly issue!

OK…Downloaded the jar - Looked for it in addons. No Go.
Had a flick through other things and it’s directly installed in the bindings - WIN

Tried to install the bridge and gave user/pass and i get UNINITIALIZED - HANDLER_INITIALIZING_ERROR

Tried a couple of times and even openhab-cli clean-cache after stopping the service etc

I see there is a “Bridge lightwaverf:lightwaverfaccount:accountname [ username="example@microsoft.com”, password=“password”,pollingInterval=0,pollingGroupSize=30,electricityCost=14]
"
Manual way of doing it in a thing file and found $OPENHAB_CONF/things but only a readme in there and no mention of what to call the file? lightwaverf.thing would be my guess, but ? And no joy with that guess!

Is it a gen1 link unit you have or a gen2 link plus?

Gen 1 link…All gen 1. Technically Deta Connect, branded, but even has the Lightwave brand ref on the box and uses the lightwaveRF app etc.

You can’t use my binding then, it’s gen2 link plus only atm.

I don’t know anything about the gen1 binding unfortunately.

I do hope to integrate at some point but busy life :+1:
There is a thread for gen1 but prob wanna start new if you can’t find any info.
There’s probably plenty of documentation tho so have a read.

Oh ARSE…Odd that the account won’t even link though as they appear to be the same!

Ah Well. Oddly whilst i can find MANY refs to the binding. I’ll be damned if I can find the jar file to install manually…Or via the PaperUI as it’s it docs are in the manual:

I can find the git too

But no jar to download…It seems to be a bundle/bindings but looking at files i get just bundles/actions - Web searches i hit lots of cloudbee refs which are dead :frowning:

I will get there somehow…but probably not tonight!

Thanks again!

Lee

You need to enable 1.x bindings in paperui, system configuration.

Then I assume you create a cfg file as you do with most 1.x bindings

And just read read read. Once you get to grips with openhab it’s very flexible and lots of support.

The 1.x legacy stuff is there. I get milight and mighlight (1.x) in bindings - No lightwaverf to install on a search in bindings for light

I’m good with creating a config etc…Just need to find the jar or install

I’m sure once i’ve got something working, i’ll be fine

@KOTECH add this jar and let me know what happens for the relay - havnt tested as dont own but have integrated based on the commands you gave me. Its a string and you can send OPEN / CLOSE / STOP to it.

The sockets (LW260) are also integrated - they are only a singe socket though, not a double.

Added L22EU - new model number for Double Dimmer
Added LW922 - new model number for thermostat
Added LW931 - magnetic sensor (gen1 door/window switch)
Added LW260 - Single Socket (gen1)
Added LW821 - 3 Way Relay - untested at present

Will do and let you know

Regards

Kevin

Hi Dave

Replaced old JAR for new and with the new JAR my previously working TRVs have now failed with then same message as the relay.

try clearing the cache and restarting.

hold on. my bad i think. give me 15 and ill upload

rebooted no diffrence

Kevin

@KOTECH I hadn’t merged prior changes (sorry been a while), this should work:

Hi Dave , just swapped out for the new JAR you have just posted and now all devices except the double socket are showing as error handler initialisation (except the double socket).

This is what I am doing , I am replacing the old JAR with the new and rebooting.
(ive got a backup ofthe old jar that works fine except the relay)

Ive just retried again and enclose the error messgae I have on the failed devices if I select the device in the “Things” tab. All are the same except for when I select the relay I just have error handler initiatilisation error

Status: UNINITIALIZED - HANDLER_INITIALIZING_ERROR class org.openhab.binding.lightwaverf.internal.handler.LWAccountHandler cannot be cast to class org.openhab.binding.lightwaverf.internal.handler.LWAccountHandler (org.openhab.binding.lightwaverf.internal.handler.LWAccountHandler is in unnamed module of loader org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.EquinoxClassLoader @38784a7; org.openhab.binding.lightwaverf.internal.handler.LWAccountHandler is in unnamed module of loader org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.EquinoxClassLoader @56924c11)

regards
Kevin

Try clearing the cache

Hi Dave the previous errors have now gone with clearing cache but relay still states initialisation error.

@KOTECH are you using discovery or files?
can you try removing and then rediscovery
and then also send me the ‘show properties’ section