LightwaveRF - New LightwaveRF Binding

2021-04-22 22:07:08.142 [DEBUG] [onnections.LightwaverfSmartWebsocket] - LightwaveRF - WebSocket Socket successfully connected to v1-linkplus-app.lightwaverf.com/34.254.116.95

i guess this is because my system knows my account details , is this correct for the new binding

No that’s for a link plus gen 2 account.
Wrong bridge

according to the console

294 │ Active │  80 │ 2.5.13.202104201138     │ openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: LightwaveRf Binding

Ok, I know what they were, Dev scripts - disabled now

@Chod version: openhab-lightwaverf-compiled/org.openhab.binding.lightwaverf-2.5.13-SNAPSHOT_chod.jar at main · delid4ve/openhab-lightwaverf-compiled · GitHub

This has all the devices you need prefixed with ‘Connect Series -‘ when you go to add them.
You want to add the WiFi link first, add its ipaddress in config, then check logs

Not sure how the below affects compiling 2.5.x bindings…

I don’t think it uses bintray but just be aware…

this binding does not seem to load , size 106010 on filesystem,

i have replaced it with the older 2.5.13 SNAPSHOT which loads and populates paperUI as before

Does anyone have issues with power metering?
I’m turning on the hairdryer which is 2000W and on LightwaveRF socket shows only 1100W.
I have double-checked with my mains metering which is KNX and very accurate and it spikes from 1500W to 3500W power usage.
Any ideas?

I had the exact opposite with a socket, it was reporting 11kw usage! It’s due to be replaced by them

I’ll try tomorrow on another socket just to see if the problem is with the specific socket

There is a voltage reset channel, add it, turn it on/off, then restart the socket (kill power for 10 secs).
This sorted all mine out

Don’t think I broke it in latest versions. I had a few all messed up on the power and this basically resets the power metering chip so it reinitialises (found it by pure chance when developing :joy:)

Seems I have issues with all sockets. Power metering is not accurate. Another example is my rack, I have a ups that is using 305W (I can see that in the web gui) and the socket shows usage of 200W.
I’ll send them an email
I tried what Dave suggested but still the same

Un installed, re downloaded a better looking size this time, Binding loading correctly

The response from Lightwaverf

"Thanks for your query.

The devices are to be used as an indicator of power usage.

The energy monitoring function is for indicative purposes only, when the measured load contains capacitive or inductive components (most switch mode power supplies), it does not have a high accuracy."

You should be able to get/work out the power factor for inductive/capacitive loads and have some rules going. Think this is probably the case with mine too but never actually checked.

The hair dryer should be accurate though as this is resistive…

I try and get some time to check mine over the weekend

@pentiumdb does seem to be out (see below - Kettle) which makes it pretty pointless. I’ll do some more testing against my clamp meter and energy monitor over the weekend. Pee’d me off tbh as was one of the reasons I chose LW.
I’ll calculate against the voltage reading over the weekend too as it may be that reads incorrect and therefore power is incorrect

Same here.

It seems there is an offset depending on the load, I noticed a difference from 20% up to even 100%(hairdryer example)

I’ve just looked through all of their spec sheets / sales literature. There is nothing in there to specify what you have quoted from them above. It clearly states ‘monitor energy usage’. Once I’ve got enough data I’ll see if I can find any pattern etc. If I can correct it through the binding I will, but I’m certainly going to bring it up with them as to me this is not acceptable.

My kettle is a resistive load so from what they are saying this should be accurate (I understand capacitive/inductive won’t be) - And I would expect this to be accurate to at most 5%

Have you measured the kettle load, I bet it alters at it warms up, a bit, also the voltage can vary place to place

I use an rfcom monitored current coil that I pull the readings into openhab, I’ve not checked accuracy
( I am an electrician by trade )

I’m a fridge guy so yeah electrics are my thing too :slight_smile:
Still… 3500 / 240 (voltage normally there or there abouts) = 14.58 amp… thats not right.
and even if the voltage is lower, amperage is going to increase.
#InvestigationRequired