LightwaveRF - New LightwaveRF Binding

All my TRVs here are the purely mechanical, the heating isn’t integrated with LWRF at all. I do control the Nest via OpenHAB though.
Not been having any problems really of late, just a couple of times my pi ran very low on memory so I had to reboot. And after the reboot not everything came back cleanly but another reboot (in one case two reboots) sorted it.

@Fixer Ah no worries, thought you had.
Are you over on the websocket version now? Or still running old polling?

From what I can see, no crashing and values have been updating all night :+1:

1 Like

@xela Same here
@delid4ve All good up to now, let’s see how it goes

1 Like

A stop/start will be required
I’ve just upgraded to OH3.1 so notice now that I will be stopping 2.5.x development by the end of the year. (So you’ve got 7 months notice :slight_smile: ) - (it’s not that hard to convert back though if you can set up a development environment)

1 Like

Just installed the latest jar.
I’ll test it a few days and let you know

1 Like

Ive added

log:set TRACE org.openhab.binding.lightwaverf

with not much to show for it

Ive seen

==> /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log <==
2021-04-22 21:27:25.459 [DEBUG] [nternal.discovery.LWDiscoveryService] - Start Discovery
2021-04-22 21:27:25.695 [DEBUG] [rnal.connections.LightwaverfSmartApi] - StructureList Response:{"structures":[]}

Ive also spotted

01-Jan-2020 22:23:24.484 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.binding.lightwaverf                   ] - ServiceEvent UNREGISTERING - {org.openhab.model.item.binding.BindingConfigReader, org.openhab.binding.lightwaverf.LightwaveRfBindingProvider}={service.id=366, service.bundleid=192, service.scope=bundle, component.name=org.openhab.binding.lightwaverf.genericbindingprovider, component.id=223} - org.openhab.binding.lightwaverf

Which I dont think is relevent ?

Shame the PaperUI does not seem to show the binding’s version

You’ve added the wrong bridge here. This is for the smart series, you need the other one

Not the Generation 1 Bridge that appears as a (1) as its device id is 1 ?

Leave the bridge thing there if you got the gen 1 like you say above - there should be ipaddress for it too in parameters
Discovery won’t work as it’s not supported.

Remove the jar and re-add

Then check the log.

Send img of the thing config in paperui

Finished tidying up gen2 today so will look in morning at this if you can’t get it up

I’m just compiling new version with the labels changed so you can see what to add. 5 mins

Your on 2.5.x yeah not 3.x

2021-04-22 22:07:08.142 [DEBUG] [onnections.LightwaverfSmartWebsocket] - LightwaveRF - WebSocket Socket successfully connected to v1-linkplus-app.lightwaverf.com/34.254.116.95

i guess this is because my system knows my account details , is this correct for the new binding

No that’s for a link plus gen 2 account.
Wrong bridge

according to the console

294 │ Active │  80 │ 2.5.13.202104201138     │ openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: LightwaveRf Binding

Ok, I know what they were, Dev scripts - disabled now

@Chod version: openhab-lightwaverf-compiled/org.openhab.binding.lightwaverf-2.5.13-SNAPSHOT_chod.jar at main · delid4ve/openhab-lightwaverf-compiled · GitHub

This has all the devices you need prefixed with ‘Connect Series -‘ when you go to add them.
You want to add the WiFi link first, add its ipaddress in config, then check logs

Not sure how the below affects compiling 2.5.x bindings…

I don’t think it uses bintray but just be aware…

this binding does not seem to load , size 106010 on filesystem,

i have replaced it with the older 2.5.13 SNAPSHOT which loads and populates paperUI as before

Does anyone have issues with power metering?
I’m turning on the hairdryer which is 2000W and on LightwaveRF socket shows only 1100W.
I have double-checked with my mains metering which is KNX and very accurate and it spikes from 1500W to 3500W power usage.
Any ideas?

I had the exact opposite with a socket, it was reporting 11kw usage! It’s due to be replaced by them