MELCloud Binding Mitubishi

Glad you got it working.
Thanks for providing feedback.

I did some tests this evening and those channels were only present in the list response, not in the device response.
I will look into this at a later time, we first want to get the binding merged.

Hello
I am trying to install the mitshubichi binding, I have errors at instal

2020-03-01 14:58:19.610 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall        ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab2/addons/org.openhab.binding.melcloud-2.5.0-SNAPSHOT%20(7).jar

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.melcloud [247]

Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: com.google.gson; version="[2.8.0,3.0.0)"

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:444) ~[?:?]

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:383) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1260) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1233) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startAllBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1221) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:515) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:365) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:316) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]

can someone help me thank you !!

Hi Vincent,

it seems you’re trying to install the jar manually.
All changes are in master so you should be able to just install the official release from Paper UI.

quoi taper pour la trouver???

you can just search for it in Paper UI and install it from there:

nothing for me !

ah, you’re probably not on 2.5 but earlier.
I’m also using openHABian and upgraded to 2.5 and can download it.

The easiest way is to upgrade and then install it from the list.
You can also stay on your current version but I thnik you’ll need to install missing dependencies but I’m afraid I can’t help you there.

thank you very much for this info !!!
c good update made and binding find

Thanks for confirming, glad to hear you managed to get it working!

Hello everybody!

I managed to start today with openhab, and running properly the melcloud. Very impressive actually it works way way better than the original app from Mitsubishi Im even impressed that I managed to install everything. (withou going crazy)
Im a bit confuse of how to create rules to put the schedules as they run on diferent places and on different times.

Help would be very apreciated.

Thanks in advance

I’ve setup my MELcloud account and made sure I can control my AC unit via their Android App. I then installed the MELcloud binding (2.5.6.Snapshot) in PaperUI, then added a MELcloud account, but in the Log I get “OFFLINE (CONFIGURATION_ERROR): Login failed, error code: 1.0”

Any ideas?

Thanks
Nathan

i have the same configuration and it works since the first connection.
try to uninstall and reinstall the bindings.

has the AC Unit a fixed IP or working through DCHP?

I’m sure you are inserting the right password… :slight_smile:

Hi everyone,
thanks for your interest in this binding and sorry for my absence.

I just tested and can control my units without a problem with the current binding and am running on openHAB 2.5.5-1.
I use this binding in my daily setup so when it’s hot I’ll quickly notice when it doesn’t work and will have a look at fixing it.

@jmone, can you confirm the credentials are ok?
Try re-entering them, save and then disable en enable the binding again.
If that doesn’t work we’ll contiunue from there.

@Andreu_Ferret, did you manage to get scheduling working as I don’t really have any samples.
I don’t use scheduling for my AC units myself except to turn them off after a chosen amount of minutes (before going to sleep or so).
The scheduling in general is more openHAB specific than binding specific but if you have a good use case we might take a look.
It might perhaps also be a good idea to add some sample rules to the documentation.

Thanks - I’ve now even run up a simple “Test” openhab instance (2.5 Stable on Windows 10 64-Bit) with only the MELCloud binding, but same thing:

2020-06-04 11:57:46.259 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'melcloud:melcloudaccount:32ddc75a' changed from UNINITIALIZED to INITIALIZING
2020-06-04 11:57:46.267 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'melcloud:melcloudaccount:32ddc75a' changed from INITIALIZING to OFFLINE
2020-06-04 11:57:47.497 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'melcloud:melcloudaccount:32ddc75a' changed from OFFLINE to OFFLINE (CONFIGURATION_ERROR): Login failed, error code: 1.0

I can login / logout using the “Mitsuibshi Wi-Fi Control” Android App so I’m sure the credentials are fine.

Still no dice from my end. I’m wondering if it is regionally locked or a different service? The App I’m using on Android is this one:

Looks like we Australians use a different server / app than MELCloud. I had to side load MELCloud as it is “not available” to me from the app store. Tried to register the controller but no dice. I think I’ll need to try to reset it and register it to MELCloud instead of Mitsubishi Wi-Fi Control.

Good find. They indeed have different services in some countries but this binding is specific for MELCloud as it logs into that account.
I just checked and I have MAC-567IFB-E controllers in our units.
Not sure if you’ll be able to connect your unit to MELCloud but do hope so for you :slight_smile:

Did some more checking. I have the “MAC-568IF-E” and it works with the MELView not MELNet so this binding will not work. Not is all lost however, as the “MAC-568IF-E” supports direct integration using Echonet-Lite. I’ll start a separate thread on this here:

I am facing issues with my 2 A.C.'s.
Logs in openHAB seems to be OK:

2020-07-06 13:46:47.605 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘melcloud:melcloudaccount:62781xxx’ changed from UNINITIALIZED to INITIALIZING
2020-07-06 13:46:47.641 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘melcloud:melcloudaccount:62781xxx’ changed from INITIALIZING to OFFLINE
2020-07-06 13:46:49.721 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘melcloud:melcloudaccount:62781xxx’ changed from OFFLINE to ONLINE

But when try to add an A.C. via adding things, choosing MEL Clound Binding - it does not discover the A.C.s.
Operations via MEL-Web-Site and via iPhone MELCloud App is working fine for me.
Any help how to troubleshoot the MEL-Binding is highly appreciated :slight_smile:

could you please increase logging for the binding by entering following in Karaf:
log:set DEBUG org.openhab.binding.melcloud

we’ll get more info on what is actually happening and where it might go wrong.
Thanks.

1 Like