Mercedes Connected Car API

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f387004f858> #<Tag:0x00007f387004f718> #<Tag:0x00007f387004f0d8>

I was alerted to this new API in development from Mercedes and was thinking it would be good to add to Openhab via a binding for those who own a Merc.

I think it would be handy to use the current car location to automate garage door opening ( if car is entering street, open the door ) or to stop/start charging ( if electric ).

Currently only a ‘virtual’ vehicle is available to develop against, but it looks like it will be able to be enabled on real cars in the near future.

https://developer.mercedes-benz.com/apis/connected_vehicle_experimental_api

Anyone with dev skills willing to have a go at creating a binding?

2 Likes

Would be a fun thing to do :blush:
Testing is still only possible with the virtual car since there is only the Connected Vehicle (experimental) available yet. But I think the new A-Class (coming in a few days) will support this, so hopefully the real data will be released soon.

The only downside: Clicking on “Pricing”, you see only testing with virtual cars for free. To get to the interesting data, you need to contact Mercedes for your “Individual consumption plans”

For anyone still interested in linking up their Merc…

Looks like the “Mercedes Me” system is now available in Australia… so this has renewed my interest in integrating my car into Openhab.
I did a bit of searching and found a Node-red Mercedes Me code:
https://github.com/pckhib/node-red-contrib-mercedesme

I’ll be giving this a try once my car has the adaptor fitted.

I´ve been in contact with the Mercedes team some months ago on exactly that topic.
The outcome was, that the connected vehicle part of the API is not available yet, only a sandbox version with mockup data can be reached.
Check out: Connected Vehicle API
Besides that there is no pricing model available - up to now there is no free personal license to allow access to your own cars and I doubt there will be one. Maybe reverse engineering of the Android app would provide the necessary information - but that may cause trouble.

The demo api is available nearly one and a half year now and nothing evolved from that.
My impression is that only with the MBUX system in place for all cars there might be a chance for a unified API. Thinking about the price tag of my car that is a sad thing to see…

But “Hey, Mercedes ! Surprise me!”

Any development? :slight_smile:
I am interested, I will watch this thread.

Also interested, is there any update regarding the API etc ?