Miele Cloud-binding

Hi @demlstda @BjoernLange
like Stefan i have a Dishwasher (Modell G7510).
According to the picture in the post two days ago you have a value of “Start” in the channel “_StartStop”.
I use Beta 5 of the Binding (Beta 4 before) on Openhab 3.0.1 and i only see a timestamp of the last start or stop there.

I also can’t start a program with that channel (Power On/Off with Power-Switch is working).
What is the value in that channel with your dishwasher? Can you start a programm and how do you do that.
Thanks and greetings
Rainer

That’s possible. I will write a manual on how to check whether the information is present in the cloud so you can check whether this is a binding issue.

The program_start_stop channel has only two valid states start and stop. As of openHAB 2.5.x these used to be auto configured on linked items, at least in the Paper UI. I’m unsure whether this is still the case with openHAB 3.x. You can send either of them to the channel to start or stop a program.

From your screenshot it seems like the “Geschirrspüler Start Stop” item is of type String:Point. Try changing it to String only.

Please note that starting a program often requires device specific settings to be taken manually before you can start a program in this way. This often includes manually selecting the program and turning on “mobile control” or programming a delayed start time. The remote_control_can_be_started channel indicates whether the start operation can be executed in the current device state, so I suggest you try some things out while monitoring that channel to find out which specific settings need to be applied for your device. It is also possible that some devices do not support this.

Hi @BjoernLange, thanks for your reply.
The Things and Channels for my dishwasher in OH3 were autoconfigurated after discovery by the Main UI of OH3. This “point”-Addition comes with the new Semantic Model in OH3. Every Item witch ist configurated by Main UI has that. I can’t change that.
I know that for starting a program there are specific necessary settings. I took care of that and Channel/Item remote_control_can_be_started says “ON”.

I can send “start” to program_start_stop but the program ist not starting and after a minute or so it changes back to the timestamp.
So I tried the Miele API under Miele 3rd party API - API documentation
I can get the State of the device there and with the function “put - action” i was able to start a program by sending “processAction”: 1
The start_stop-Channel with my Device (G7510, Type 7) reflects the exact time of the last start or stop of a program. I think that can’t be a coincidence.
Is it possible that somewhere in the binding the content of the channel and the timestamp for it get mixed up? Maybe i can try new install of the binding, but i already did that as i changed from beta4 to beta5.

Just a quick note: I wrote a tutorial on how to query the cloud status for your devices. It can be found here.

1 Like

Thank you for the hint with the access token :slight_smile:

Unfortunately the elapsedtime for the dishwasher is ZERO and stays ZERO :frowning:

So its a problem of the „device“ itself. Maybe there will be a change in the future, because it is used/working for other devices.

Thanks

Best regards
Stefan

New information about the programm_start_stop channel. I wrote one post before that adding die “point” comes with the new semantic model of OH3 and that this can’t be changed. Once the link to an item is etablished this can’t be changed, but i deleted the link and the item and when you create a new link there ist a submenu where you can set the default “point” to “none”.
…and…surprise…the new item contains “start”.

I have about 100 Things and 500 Items, maybe 50% configured by text-files and 50% configured by GUI and these all with the default “point”. Except this channel i never found any difference. I don’t know if this is a bug in OH3 or a feature.
There is still the question what happens in the binding to cause such an effect.

Fun fact: Since a few days we have a Miele oven (H7464BPX) beside the dishwasher. In case of the oven the channel “start_stop” reflects the correct start/stop with the “point”-configuration.

Dear Miele-Cloud-Binding experts :slight_smile:

the binding is running well and my wife is very happy about it. You might know: “happy wife, happy life” :wink:

Nevertheless I can see a lot of error messages during boot-process of OH3.1M1.
Is this something I need to be concerned about?

2021-02-24 19:28:00.953 [WARN ] [ty.util.ssl.SslContextFactory.config] - Trusting all certificates configured for Client@5ebb4305[provider=null,keyStore=null,trustStore=null]
2021-02-24 19:28:00.955 [WARN ] [ty.util.ssl.SslContextFactory.config] - No Client EndPointIdentificationAlgorithm configured for Client@5ebb4305[provider=null,keyStore=null,trustStore=null]
2021-02-24 19:28:01.283 [WARN ] [ernal.config.MieleCloudConfigService] - Failed to register Miele    Cloud binding website. Miele Cloud binding website will not be available.
org.osgi.service.http.NamespaceException: alias: '/mielecloud' is already in use in this or another context
2021-02-24 19:28:01.311 [WARN ] [ernal.config.MieleCloudConfigService] - Failed to unregister Miele Cloud binding website alias /mielecloud
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Alias [/mielecloud] was never registered
2021-02-24 19:28:01.317 [WARN ] [ernal.config.MieleCloudConfigService] - Failed to unregister Miele Cloud binding website alias /mielecloud/pair
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Alias [/mielecloud/pair] was never registered
2021-02-24 19:28:01.477 [ERROR] [org.openhab.binding.mielecloud      ] - bundle org.openhab.binding.mielecloud:3.0.0.202102030640 (240)[org.openhab.binding.mielecloud.internal.handler.MieleHandlerFactory(331)] :  Error during instantiation of the implementation object
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: argument type mismatch

(I shortened the log - there is much more…)

As I mentioned: the (Miele) things are registered and my rules are working fine… :smiley:
And the page openhabIP:8080/mielecloud is reachable.
I tried re-registering: that worked as well - but error messages didn’t disappear.

Maybe you can comment although?

Hello,

when will the cloud binding be avaible for oh3 stable version?
I got a CM6560 and it would be great if i could start the machine with a rule automatic in the morning :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Alex

The beta binding (beta 5) can be used for all OH3.x versions even the stable version.

Thank you. I installed the yesterday and ist works fine for me :slight_smile:

Hi @April_Wexler, I actually never expected to see this error message “out in the wild” :wink:
For some reason the binding wasn’t able to unregister its configuration UI and now struggles with registering it again on binding startup. Unfortunately, I have no idea what exactly went wrong. This is not a problem because the binding UI doesn’t directly interact with the binding but only via means provided through openHAB. It also doesn’t seem to be a general problem with the milestone builds as I was unable to reproduce this behavior.

Could you please try to reboot openHAB and the machine you are running it on? Then check whether the messages still appear. If you also still have the logs of when this first occurred and could provide them, that would be great.

However, I am a little concerned by the last line of the log

and will further investigate why this is happening.

Hello,

as already mentioned the binding is working fine at my installation. Only thing i am wondering is, that the power state is defined as a string, wouldnt it make more sense to define it as a switch?

When i change the item to a switch, i get the following error in the logs:

19:39:36.736 [ERROR] [org.openhab.core.items.GenericItem   ] - Tried to set invalid state 1.0 (DecimalType) on item Miele_CM6560_Power of type StringItem, ignoring it

Hi @e36Alex, we discussed this during development and decided to use String rather than Switch because we wanted to be consistent with program_start_stop_pause and program_start_stop. If you want a Switch you can easily simulate it with a custom item and some rules.

1 Like

Thank you for the explaination.

I added a switch item with a map-profile and it seems to work.

@BjoernLange recognized that the current code on the main branch doesn’t compile, because StringUtils has been removed from the dev package. The team wants to get rid of 3rd party code (copyrighted) wherever possible. I think that’s also the reason why the is no 3.1-SNAPSHOT on Jenkins. Do you plan to update the code (only small a bunch of changes required)

Hi @markus7017, when building the binding yourself from my fork of the openhab-addons repository you need to use the 9106-miele-cloud-binding-initial-contribution branch. The main branch is just an outdated copy of the main branch from the official openhab-addons repo. Also make sure to only build the org.openhab.binding.mielecloud bundle. We are not using StringUtils but I cannot guarantee that other bindings used to. If you just want to use the binding you can simply download one of the pre-build binaries.

Is there maintenance going on in the Miele Cloud or similar? I migrated some days ago to OpenHAB 3.0.1 (miele binding beta 5) and it worked fine. Today I do not get any updates, e.g. I started the washing machine and it is listed “Off” in OpenHAB. No channel (for the washing machine) shows any current data. All other non-Miele things are working as expected.
I just checked, the bridge is paired, the things are all online and look fine as far as I can tell. Strange. Any hints welcomed, thanks.

Is it working again @sirupflex? If not, please check whether this is a cloud problem by following this guide and report back.

Hi Bjoern, thanks for your response. No it is not working still, just tested. I did the check according to the guide over the weekend already and it turned out fine (i.e. response 200 and I could see my devices in the response).

Ok, now it gets more funny. I did a restart of my OpenHAB 3.0.1 container. Now the Miele bridge still says it is online and paired but the three Miele devices say they are offline (over the weekend they said they were online as well). For each of the 3 Things it says “COMMUNICATION_ERROR”.

Just now did the test with the API again, according to your guide, and it is again ok (200, see the devices in the response).

Not sure what is going wrong either with the Miele binding or with my OH3 installation. I do not see any errors in the log.