Migrating MQTT1 items to MQTT2.4 items

Sonoff will publish always the same state if is triggered. that means a MQTT command or pressing the button on the sonoff will always publish the same state.
So i am afraid there is no way to do it like this, but in OpenHab you could have a proxy item (= an item without channel) that then publishes a MQTT command to the sonoff. So if sonoff switches on without this item being set to on => somebody triggered the sonof remotely.
Otherwise sonoff is triggered by openhab:

Switch SonoffProxy
rule "Switch Sonoff from OH"
when
   item SonoffProxy changed from OFF to ON
then
  MyRealSonoffItem.sendCommand(ON)
  logInfo("sonoff rule", "sonoff triggered from OH")
end
1 Like

So if I understand it right, there is no way (without using a proxy item) to reflect on an openHAB sitemap a change to an item that occurred when a physical button was pressed?
I mean, I want my Basic UI switch item to show as ON when my wife switched the light by using the light switch and not the app. Is that possible?
Thanks!

See:

[Q] So in new MQTT 2.4 there is no possibility to configure it using files. The paperUI and adding through Things is the only way?

[A] Wrong. Search the forum, I have posted several examples on how to configure MQTT2 with files.

1 Like

@Sascha_Billian @alexspitz This configuraion knows when the hardware button or rf button was pressed and change state in basicui.

This is now my working settings
mqtt.things

Bridge mqtt:broker:mosquitto "Mosquitto MQTT Broker" @ "MQTT" [ host="localhost", secure=false, port=1883, clientID="Oh2Mqtt2"]
{ 
    // Main Light
    Thing mqtt:topic:SonoffMainLight "Main Light" @ "MQTT"  {
      Channels:
          Type switch : switch "Power Switch" [ 
            stateTopic="tasmota/sonoff-mainlight/POWER", 
            commandTopic="tasmota/sonoff-mainlight/cmnd/POWER",
            on="ON",
            off="OFF"          
          ]
          Type string : state02 "Switch State 02" [ 
            stateTopic="stat/sonoff-mainlight/POWER",
            on="ON",
            off="OFF"
          ]
    }

// Bed Light
    Thing mqtt:topic:SonoffBedLight "Bed Light" @ "MQTT"  {
      Channels:
            stateTopic="tasmota/sonoff-bedlight/POWER", 
            commandTopic="tasmota/sonoff-bedlight/cmnd/POWER",
            on="ON",
            off="OFF"          
          ]
            stateTopic="stat/sonoff-bedlight/POWER",
            on="ON",
            off="OFF"
          ]
    }

// Sonoff Amplifier
    Thing mqtt:topic:SonoffAmplifier "Sonoff Amplifier" @ "MQTT"  {
      Channels:
            stateTopic="tasmota/sonoff-amplifier/POWER", 
            commandTopic="tasmota/sonoff-amplifier/cmnd/POWER",
            on="ON",
            off="OFF"          
          ]
            stateTopic="stat/sonoff-amplifier/POWER",
            on="ON",
            off="OFF"
          ]
    }

}

sonoff.items

/*
  Main Light
*/
Switch SonoffMainLight_Switch "Main Light Switch" <lightbulb> ["Lighting"] { channel="mqtt:topic:SonoffMainLight:switch" }
String SonoffMainLight_State "Main Light State"  { channel="mqtt:topic:SonoffMainLight:state02", channel="mqtt:topic:SonoffMainLight:switch" }
/*
  Bed Light
*/
Switch SonoffBedLight_Switch "Bed Light Switch" <lightbulb> ["Lighting"] { channel="mqtt:topic:SonoffBedLight:switch" }
String SonoffBedLight_State "Bed Light State"  { channel="mqtt:topic:SonoffBedLight:state02", channel="mqtt:topic:SonoffBedLight:switch" }
/*
  Amplifier
*/
Switch SonoffAmplifier_Switch "Amplifier Switch" <player> ["Switchable"] { channel="mqtt:topic:SonoffAmplifier:switch" }
String SonoffAmplifier_State "Amplifier State"  { channel="mqtt:topic:SonoffAmplifier:state02", channel="mqtt:topic:SonoffAmplifier:switch" }

EDIT (added SONOFF MQTT Config Screen):

6 Likes

Thanks @kaju666
Are these working settings or do you still have problems?

For now it works like a charm

Cool then could you change your post above to:
“This is now my working settings”

Thanks

I am working on migrating my MQTT1 items to MQTT2.4 and it is going pretty well .

Nevertheless, I am stuck migrating some items that required a JS transform call like this

String Location_Den_Samsung "Owntracks Location Den Samsung [%s]" <mqtticon> {mqtt="&lt;[mymosquitto2:owntracks/denis/samsung:state:JS(mqttitude-coordinates.js)]"}

So when I enter

JS(mqttitude-coordinates.js)

in the Incoming value transformation field of the Configure Channel form in Paper UI I always get an error on my Generic MQTT Thing that says

Status: OFFLINE - CONFIGURATION_ERROR Remove and recreate: mqtt:topic:ff8e91b4:Test

What should I write there ?

You should write:
JS:mqttitude-coordinates.js

2 Likes

Yes ! Thank so much for the hint! All my MQTT migration is now done and working very well.

I am SUPER new to this and with very little tech background.
Was struggling with codes and such; searching for conig files (:grin: I am on OpenHAB 2.4 LOL)
Your post sorted it out for me;Sonoff Tasmota running like it should…a Charm!

getting this error with my setup not sure whats wrong it reading but not getting temp in

2019-01-20 15:39:53.111 [WARN ] [eneric.internal.generic.ChannelState] - Incoming payload ‘{“Time”:“2019-01-20T16:39:53”,“DS18B20”:{“Temperature”:17.9},“TempUnit”:“C”}’ not supported by type ‘NumberValue’

state:JSONPATH:$.DS18B20.Temperature

JSONPATH:$.DS18B20.Temperature

1 Like

thanks for that another typo from me been trying for 2 days to get that working

@Sascha_Billian Not like it matters but there should be an opening square bracket [ after the > and before mosquitto I think. I tried to compare your before and after items entry with mine and spotted that little difference.

1 Like

Thanks. Must have been only a typo since my MQTT on OH 2.3 was running without any issues.
Anyway i’ve corrected it

Hi there, i am trying to Setup my new Installation with mqtt2.4, till now i just used the old one with textual config and worked fine. I used map Transformation to transform 1 to on and 0 to off on the Incoming value and now i dont know how to do this in paper ui. is it even possible?

Always get the following error:
Command '0' not supported by type 'OnOffValue': No enum constant org.eclipse.smarthome.core.library.types.OnOffType.0

Thanks in andvantage

Hi!

Do I need to install the “MQTT Embedded Broker” via Misc in Paper UI or is it enough to install only the mqtt binding posted in first thread?