Note, in the first half of 2023, this rule template will be rewritten to only support JS Scripting.
This is one of three rules used to create an MQTT Even Bus. The other rules are MQTT Online Status [3.2.0;3.4.9) and https://community.openhab.org/t/mqtt-event-bus-publication/127997.This rule is responsible for parsing the messages received on an event bus and commanding or updating Items as necessary. See Marketplace MQTT Event Bus for details on how to set up and configure an MQTT Even Bus.
Warning, to avoid infinite loops, do not publish and subscribe the same event on the same Items.
|Linked to device||updates||commands|
The rule has the following parameters:
|MQTT Broker Thing||The MQTT Broker Thing connected to the MQTT broker where the event bus is running.|
|MQTT Event Channel||The Event Channel configured on the MQTT Broker Thing that has the event bus subscription.|
- MQTT Binding installed
- MQTT Broker Thing created and configured
- Event Channel configured on the MQTT Broker Thing configured to subscribe to the event bus. For example
remote/out/#will subscribe to all the event bus messages for the openHAB instance named “remote”.
- In OH 4 the Nashorn add-on must be separately installed or change the script type to
- adjusted for breaking change, will no longer work for versions of OH prior to December 15th
- made compatible with both Nashorn and JSScripting
NOTE: Will remove support for Nashorn sometime after OH 3.2 release
- initial release