MyBMW Binding

OK, thanks. One question, how to do you calculate the distance (e.g. this 10m)? I haven’t been thinking yet thoroughly how to implement this geofencing in my case but it seems to be really cool.

var PointType home = new PointType("x,y") //enter your coordinates

var PointType car = new PointType(BMW_LocationGps.state.toString)

logInfo("distance", car.distanceFrom(home).toString)

Great, many thanks. As I have just started to use OH I still have lot of work in setting up my model. Right now I’m migrating my Modbus controllers to OH so it will take quite some time before I can add my alarm system to OH.

For the “car-thing” I set the data refresh to 1 minute.
But after some time it is always set back to 5 min. Is there a possibility to fix it? I created the thing using the UI.

I wonder whether anybody else gets the fuel range for their hybrid car. I think I had a value for the range when I installed the binding ~1.5months ago but now it shows null. I have had this issue for some weeks now but haven’t had time to look at it. Still love this awesome binding.

Edit: now it shows UNDEF.

I changed config to 1 min and ran it now for 2 days without problems. Do you have the latest snapshot installed?
Does anyone else has the same issue?

My snapshot file was downloaded on Jan 16th so this was the issue. Now I have both ranges (electric and fuel).

I think I had checked the github depo but there are no dates for the files so I thought that the snapshots haven’t been updated.

Many thanks for your help.

I am using the binding from the marketplace and I am performing updates regularly. With a restart of Openhab the refresh will be set back to 5 minutes.

Does anybody know how to get the average/last trip electrical consumption for the i3? I can’t seem to find it. No channel, not even in raw data. In the old BMW Connected app, it used to be there, they even had it -sort of- gamified. I’m using org.openhab.binding.mybmw-3.3.0-SNAPSHOT.jar in the /usr/share/openhab/addons/ folder.

See top post - sadly it isn’t provided anymore.

Hi Bernd,

Thanx for your reply. That is sad indeed, and a bit silly IMHO since it’s the value i’m most interested in. It will also reflect negatively on my WAF :wink:

Again stupid question. Does the new address channel require JSONPath Transformation?

No, it’s a human readable String containing the resolved location address: street, house no, zip code and city. No json formatting.

OK, thanks. I downloaded new jar-file, copied it to addons folder and restarted OH but for some reason I couldn’t find the new address channel so therefore I was wondering whether you need Json. I’ll have to try again later today.

I downloaded again the jar-file but I still can’t find the address channel for some reason so I wonder what I’m missing.

That’s right, it’s not working to simply exchange the jar and new channels appearing => Adding new channels to binding
For now you need to delete the thing and add it again. Pick the same name as before in order to preserve your history data.

Great, many thanks for your help again. Now I have the address channel.

Hi all,
I am running OH 3.2 and since a few days I see the “Unkown” status of both Things (BMW Account and Car).
Looking into the logs I see:
Server returned HTTP response code: 401 for URL: https://customer.bmwgroup.com/gcdm/oauth/authenticate
Any thoughts what is going wrong? I changed nothing … so did BMW change anything?
Thanks !!

The thing from BMW ConnectedDrive Binding also doesn’t work for me anymore. Either temporary issue or shutdown of old BMW API.
That’s why the MyBMW binding is in discussion in this thread which is dealing with the new BMW API. Still working fine, please have a look into the 1st post.

Just wanted to say “Thank you”.
I migrated from old to new myBMW binding two weeks ago. No issues! (combustion car)

1 Like