Myopenhab & iOS notifications problem?

Thanks a lot!

Thank you very much for fixing this problem!

Yes it works for me as well. Thanks a lot!!

Thanks for fixing it. Now is working :+1:

Thank you Dan!

On tuesday evening I got my last notification to my phone and so far I am unable to get it work again.
If I send test messagas via myopenhab then everything works fine and I see notifications on my phone screen but no other notification coming through.
Also I can see notification list on my iOS app and myopenhab.org.
I have restarted openhab and my phone but no result, is this issue only with me or there are also others with similar problem?

Notifications in iOS can be erratic. I sometimes get no notifications or double notifications for various apps, including openHAB. For me, in case of no notifications, de-activating and re-activating notifications in the iPhone notification settings for the openHAB app worked. In case of double notifications I need to de-activate notifications, uninstall the app, restart the iPhone and reinstall (and allow notifications again) to get proper single notifications again. Hope this helps.

Same same
Is there anything I could do?
Thank s a lot

Did you try the above?

Iā€™ll do it now and post an update
Thank you

I tried both solutions without solve the issue. At this Mon I wanted to mention that this happened after probably 100 notifications I received from some sensors, seems like a cache issue or something on my phoneā€¦ I can regularly sea the notifications inside the app menu though

This happens from time to time. I also havenā€™t received iOS notifications for several days now - I can also them in the notifications section of the app but they were not ā€œnotifiedā€ on the phone.

Further up the chain it reads that @digitaldan (sorry for the direct ping) has previously fixed certificate issues related to this - maybe itā€™s the same thing.

Although custom notifications through the openHAB cloud interface are coming normally.
Is the same with yours?
The other thing is that I have no entry inside the client certificates in the iOS appā€¦ is that normal?

Just to add to the conversation: I have the same problem. Last notification came through on Tuesday (August 2nd).
If I send a test notification through myopenhab.org, the notification is received, but it doesnā€™t show up in the list of notifications, neither in the iOS app, nor in myopenhab.org

Iā€™m not sure what the issue is, but IOS notifications are working for most (including myself). If you want to try and have the phone register again for notifications, delete the device out of the myopenhab.org portal under ā€œUserā€ ā†’ ā€œDevicesā€ (click the trashcan next to the device) . Then launch the IOS app again on your phone (it registers on startup and resume). I just did this and am still getting notifications.

I think there is some issue with notifications after Tuesday evening if someone else has same problem like me?
Maybe it is related with Country?

ok, iā€™m going to assume there is an issue with certificates, although Iā€™m not clear why itā€™s working for some and not others. In any case iā€™ll start looking at it.

2 Likes

Thank you Dan,
I did what you described on your previous post with no luck.
If there is anything I could do to help out please let me know, also I am based in Greece if that matters somehow.

So just an FYI, we switched over to Appleā€™s new HTTP2 push service last year, this had the added benefit of using a new key format (.p8) which does not expire, so our push notification key is still valid, so not sure what the issue is still. Is everyone on the latest version of the IOS app? This would be 2.4.52 which can be seen in the settings menu.

Iā€™m on 2.4.52. I cleared all the paired devices and re-registered only a single one. I can currently only send notifications from myopenhab to the device, but not programmatically through existing rules, however the notifications do appear in the notifications section of the app.

Maybe its related to the way the notifications are programmed by my rules? Iā€™ll take a look at that later on.