myopenHAB service not working?

I was using the iOS app today from outside my house (through myopenHAB service) and it suddenly stopped working at around 14:30 (I swear I didn’t change anything and it suddenly stopped working).

At first, I thought it was my phone, but then I realized the openHAB application was marked offline on https://myopenhab.org/events?source=openhab

Upon arriving home, I was able to use the iOS app through my local WiFi, but not anymore from a remote network. openHAB was, however, working properly.

I have uninstalled the myopenHAB service and re-installed it with the new uuid and secret, and although openHAB is now shown as “online”, the iOS app doesn’t work anymore outside my house.

I think there is a problem with the service, because there are errors in the log:

2021-05-01 20:12:07.442 [WARN ] [.io.rest.auth.internal.TokenResource] - Token issuing failed: invalid_grant

2021-05-01 20:12:07.648 [WARN ] [io.openhabcloud.internal.CloudClient] - Jetty request 27884523 failed: HTTP protocol violation: Authentication challenge without WWW-Authenticate header

2021-05-01 20:12:07.649 [WARN ] [io.openhabcloud.internal.CloudClient] - Response Failure: HTTP protocol violation: Authentication challenge without WWW-Authenticate header

2021-05-01 20:12:13.289 [WARN ] [io.openhabcloud.internal.CloudClient] - Unsupported request method HEAD

Can anyone confirm me if the myopenHAB service is down or having troubles?

Hi,
Myopenhab is working fine for me. No problems.

fyi:

https://status.openhab.org/

Then it looks it’s only me.
I don’t understand. It just suddenly stopped working.
What could it be and what can I do?
I can’t use openHAB outside my home now…

Try restarting the openhabcloud addon or openHAB. There is an issue where the cloud thinks your instance is offline while it is not:

It looks my iOS app went nuts for reasons unknown.
Restarting the openhabcloud did not help but, I re-installed it and the app worked again!
Thanks for your help.

1 Like