myopenHAB service not working?

I was using the iOS app today from outside my house (through myopenHAB service) and it suddenly stopped working at around 14:30 (I swear I didn’t change anything and it suddenly stopped working).

At first, I thought it was my phone, but then I realized the openHAB application was marked offline on https://myopenhab.org/events?source=openhab

Upon arriving home, I was able to use the iOS app through my local WiFi, but not anymore from a remote network. openHAB was, however, working properly.

I have uninstalled the myopenHAB service and re-installed it with the new uuid and secret, and although openHAB is now shown as “online”, the iOS app doesn’t work anymore outside my house.

I think there is a problem with the service, because there are errors in the log:

2021-05-01 20:12:07.442 [WARN ] [.io.rest.auth.internal.TokenResource] - Token issuing failed: invalid_grant

2021-05-01 20:12:07.648 [WARN ] [io.openhabcloud.internal.CloudClient] - Jetty request 27884523 failed: HTTP protocol violation: Authentication challenge without WWW-Authenticate header

2021-05-01 20:12:07.649 [WARN ] [io.openhabcloud.internal.CloudClient] - Response Failure: HTTP protocol violation: Authentication challenge without WWW-Authenticate header

2021-05-01 20:12:13.289 [WARN ] [io.openhabcloud.internal.CloudClient] - Unsupported request method HEAD

Can anyone confirm me if the myopenHAB service is down or having troubles?

Hi,
Myopenhab is working fine for me. No problems.

fyi:

https://status.openhab.org/

Then it looks it’s only me.
I don’t understand. It just suddenly stopped working.
What could it be and what can I do?
I can’t use openHAB outside my home now…

Try restarting the openhabcloud addon or openHAB. There is an issue where the cloud thinks your instance is offline while it is not:

It looks my iOS app went nuts for reasons unknown.
Restarting the openhabcloud did not help but, I re-installed it and the app worked again!
Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Hi, its not only me, but there are some others too, that we have the problem, that after 4 or 5 days the cloud connector goes offline. It says, your openhab is offline, but its there. The problem can be fixed for the moment by going to Settings, Openhab Cloud, saving the not changed Settings. Then it works again:

Here are the log, when it goes online again:

2021-05-12 17:51:06.071 [INFO ] [io.openhabcloud.internal.CloudClient] - Shutting down openHAB Cloud service connection

2021-05-12 17:51:06.080 [INFO ] [io.openhabcloud.internal.CloudClient] - Disconnected from the openHAB Cloud service (UUID = ****, base URL = http://localhost:8080)

2021-05-12 17:51:06.320 [INFO ] [io.openhabcloud.internal.CloudClient] - Connected to the openHAB Cloud service (UUID = ***, base URL = http://localhost:8080)

The problem is, when you are in front of your house with alarm system activated and you cant use openhab on your mobile device for deactivating your alarm system…

Has anyone an idea?

1 Like

It is not working right now. The myopenhab.org connection, I mean.
I cannot connect to openHAB from the outside, but I can connect from my WiFi network.
Does anyone experience the same?

Same. No myopenhab.org. The website doesn’t even load on a browser.

Din‘t you read this sticky?

No, I didn’t see it.

E

Thank you so much for providing this info.

Just wanted to add a “me too” here. Fixed it by resaving unchanged/empty settings in myopenhab cloud settings. I share a couple of light scenes via config files (ga=“abcdef”).This stopped working for me when I updated to version 3.1.0 release version from an older 3.1 snapshot.
I wanted to add this here as it is December now, other people had issues with this back in May.
It was difficult to diagnose this, and I tried a million other things first. I have no idea how saving without doing any changes would fix anything, but it did.

Some improvements ([openhabcloud] Reconnect on connection errors by ssalonen · Pull Request #11153 · openhab/openhab-addons · GitHub) were introduced with 3.2.0 that should hopefully improve robustness of the connection. At least with the new version we will get more insights what is happening with debug logs. Older releases are actually swallowing many error situations completely, making it extremely hard to debug errors

Thanks for the information. I will try 3.2.0 now.

Jan 24 had many disconnect/reconnects to the openhab cloud service, and also one each on Jan 25 and Jan 27. Yesterday (Jan 28) my Google Home stopped working, saying there was no connection to openhab. Both openhab.log and the myopenhab.org web page claimed my service was online, but I found another recent thread about the Google problem I had on here, and was able to solve it by clicking ‘Save’ in the Cloud Service configuration page inside openhab. That caused the service connection to shut down and reconnect again, fixing my Google connection problem. I posted my experience in that thread as well, but wanted to follow up here. I am running openhab 3.2.0-1 on Ubuntu (dpkg -l).

EDIT: I uploaded openhabcloud log entries here. As you can see, according to the log the service believed it was successfully (re)connected at the time my issues with Google Home occured:
log file on pastebin

1 Like

same for me. I had to restart openhab service to make services like amazon echo runnable again.

The same thing just happened again.

When this happens, the reconnect logic doesn’t help, because according to the log the connection is connected. The last entry about the connection status in the log says it is connected. I uploaded the log the last time this happened (in this thread, on about Jan 25).

@seanch please enable the TRACE level logging, see here Check, if openHAB cloud Connector is online? - #4 by ssalonen

This would hopefully give more insights to developers what is really happening

Thanks. I will do so.

1 Like