Neo coolcam z-wave devices

I checked the log, and the motion sensor was discovered ok at 21:32. I don’t know when it was included, but this seems to be at the same time the first communications from the device is logged, so I think it looks ok…

2017-06-06 21:32:28.497 [DEBUG] [wave.discovery.ZWaveDiscoveryService] - NODE 5: Device discovery resolved to thingType zwave:shenzhen_motionsensor_00_000

The strange thing is that needed many more hours to be recognized, because an hour after the done, so after 2017-06-06 21:32:28.497 it was still not properly recognized but this morning it was.

Is that moment between the z-wave interrogation being done and the device being properly picked up normal?

Or did I maybe recover it by rebooting openHAB, I have a backup script running which does every night…

This might be the case. I know in the past that there was a bug where a restart was required as the ZWave binding has to change the thing type. This has been fixed in the development version but might still be an issue in the current snapshot…

@patrikpatrik2 did you already restart openHAB just to be sure?

New Neo Coolcam (Shenzen Neo Electronics) product appeared on the market.

This is a glass wall switch:
http://www.szneo.com/en/products/show.php?id=196

Chris: Is any chance that this switch will apear in a new version of the snapshot binding?

I think it’s different as from what I can see the device has not communicated with the binding.

All the information that is displayed comes directly from the controller during the initial inclusion and not from the binding communicating with the device. For sure there is no manufacturer information received, and until this is received it’s definitely not going to discover the device and it will remain unknown.

Only if someone adds it to the database ;). If it gets added, then it will be in the snapshot…

Yep… but who will do that? :wink:

Not me - I don’t have the device. If you have it, you can do it if you want? Otherwise we need someone else who has the device?

I just ordered one. I never did adds to database. Please tell me, if I send You node.xml file from openhab zwave folder - that will be enough?

There is information here on adding devices to the database. It’s not too hard and I prefer if people can spend the time to add devices - otherwise I would spend a lot of my time just adding devices to the database (there are over 600 devices - if I were to spend 1 hour on every device it would be impossible). I can help if there are problems of course :slight_smile: .

OK! I’ll try, but very likely I will need some help :wink:

@patrikpatrik2 I’m still waiting for my water sensors to pop up, will try to wake them up tonight. Any progress with you

Thanks, and no problems. If you have any question, then please ask. I will update your access so you can add devices tonight…

If you haven’t woken them up, or at least if they haven’t completed initialisation, then they very likely won’t wake up as wakeup is normally disabled by default, and will be enabled and configured during the initialisation.

I replugged my working stick from OH1 to OH2, a lot of my z-wave devices did pop up but some coolcam stuff not yet.

Ah - ok, if it was previously configured then it should wake at some stage. Normally it should be every hour, but I know some people like to use much longer…

My pir sensor (the only one I woke up myself) reports a sleep interval of 12 hour so that might be part of the problem.

@chris:
Thanks, and no problems. If you have any question, then please ask. I will update your access so you can add devices tonight…

Thanks!
Adam

@patrikpatrik2 this might be the solution, or wake it up a lot of time and monitor the logs or change wakeup interval through habmin and wake them up a few times to make sure they retrieve the shorter time interval.

I just succeeded in adding / initializing my water sensors :hooray: