New TP-Link Smart Home binding with Bulb, Plug and Switch Support

I recently found https://github.com/fishbigger/TapoP100 and can now switch my plugs on and off using the exec binding.
Having a Java implementation in an addons would still be nice though :slight_smile:

@hilbrand Will the TP-Link tapo p100 be supported by your binding? Unfortunately bought some of them without knowing that they are incompatible to the other Kasa products :frowning: Even the new app is not working correctly. Thanks.

Hi Hilbrand,

Do you have plans to add support for the KP115 ?

Itā€™s the slimmer version of the HS110 effectively a slimline plug with energy monitoring.

Thanks

Itā€™s already added:

1 Like

Is it possible to install this updated TP-Link add-on to an OpenHAB 3.0 installation?
I am about to purchase a few KP115ā€™s and would love for them to work with my OpenHAB 3.0 setup.
Thanks

Thank you, thatā€™s good to know.

Really simple question - how do i update the binding to add support for the KP115?

Iā€™m running OH3 inside an Unraid Docker

Thank you

Author of the KP115 addition here. If youā€™re willing to manually install the TPLink binding, the snapshot build of 3.1.0 should work fine with 3.0.0. Grab it here and drop it in the addons directory. You might want to uninstall the 3.0.0 binding first to be safe.

4 Likes

Thanks for the link to the JAR. For me it doesnā€™t work.
I get this error.

HTTP ERROR 403 Trying to access a file outside of the directory

Does it work for anyone else?

Got it. I changed the build in the URI from 254 to 255.

No support for the tapo P100 yet?!
They go for like 12 euros and handle up to 2300 watts. Iā€™m inclined to buying one for the binding maintainerā€¦

1 Like

I bought the KP115 over the weekend, so I decided to install this update (well actually build 273) binding today.
Did all the research and reading I could find for manually adding a binding, and canā€™t seem to get it ā€œinstalledā€.

Iā€™m running Openhab 3.0.1 on Ubuntu 20.04.2
I created the following folder //opt/openhab/addons and copied the JAR file to it.
Pretty much as per this (rather short) documentationā€¦

Anybody have any further hints as to how I should get this binding installed?
Thanks

Did you uninstall the 3.0 binding via the UI? If so, OH should just pick up the JAR. You may need to restart your system.

I worked out what I was doing wrong.
I mistakenly thought I had a ā€œmanualā€ installation and used the folder quoted above.
I actually have a ā€œRepository Installationā€, so the folder I should use is /usr/share/openhab/addons

I copied the new 3.10 binding to the proper folder and the KP115 is working as expected now.

Any update on Tapo P100? :slight_smile:

For anyone following this post, @Bigdesaster has just posted a Tapo binding and is looking for people to test it.

Are there any bindings that can control the KP110 smart plug with energy monitoring?

I assume you either mean the HS110 or the KP115 that replaced it, in which case the binding supports it.

Hi All,
Just bought a KP115 and installed the TP-Link Smart Home Biniding 3.0.2, running Openhab 3.0.2 in Windows.

When trying to add the KP115 as thing using the scan function didnā€™t deduct KP115, so thought of adding the smart plug manually but among the manual options KP115 was not listed. There is KP100, 105 but no KP115.

So instead added KP115 manually by providing the IP as HS110 and KP115 seems to be working fine, Choose HS110 as according to the TP Link Addon documentation KP115 and HS110 feature same channels

Just wanted to see if anyone else had similar issue trying to add KP115 and wud there be any issues in using KP115 as HS110.

1 Like

I just got some EP10 smart plugs. I noticed they werenā€™t picked up by the binding. Is there a snapshot release that includes these yet?

1 Like

Just got the EP10 as well. Wondering the same thing