No devices were found in your openhab account when linking to Google Home

So today all my stuff dissapeared, i unlinked openhab from my home and now it just says no devices were found on youre openhab account…
https://myopenhab.org/rest/items looks fine

So found out about it (learn to dig more before asking)
Anyway, all tags even semantic tag must be removed and add metadata = google assistant and back they come, closing thread.

Hey! I have exactly the same problem right now, how did you fix it exactly ? Im inexperienced with Openhab. Did google update something and the items are no longer valid ??
Thanks

You need to add metadata { ga=“Light/Switch/etc” } to be able to expose the devices. Instructions: Google Assistant | openHAB

1 Like

It stopped working for me yesterday.

It depends if youre using text files or the gui.
With text files you have to remove tags= and put in ga= like the reply in the other post.
I use openhab3 and have migrated away from text files configuration. I had to edit the items i wanted, remove all the tags if any, and add metadata button, pick google assistent, choose a type e.g lights and save. Then I could add the openhab integration in Home and the devices which i had updated shows up.

Thanks for your responses!
Im using paperui on Openhabian, It was working perfectly for 10 months no issues and then a couple of days ago the items were gone from my google app. So what do I need to change for the items to be exposed again?
Thanks

Hi
You have to manually edit each item in paperui.
1.Be sure to remove all the tags on the items (I removed semantic tags as well)
2.add metadata, choose google assistant and chose the correct item (e.g. light)
3.save the item
4.tell google sync devices (if you have the openhab connection functional in google home, if not add it)

then these items should reappear in google home.

So what changed? Is it the Google end or openHAB? It seems strange that a lot of people (including me) have had the same problem at the same time.
I’ve been running for over 3 years with { 'switchable" } tags, etc and, on Saturday, Google lost everything.

I thought the OpenHab connector went down again since yesterday, so I waited, and waited, restarted my OpenHAB VM, still nothing showing up under Google Home, went into the Google Home App attempting to re-link, and it gave the error “no devices were found in your openHAB account”, so I googled that and found this thread.

Now I’m a little confused at how to convert my current items to this new format as I too have been using the [“Switchable”] tag without issues.

If anyone might be able to confirm how to re-format?

Before:

Switch    Light_UL_BedroomBedSwitch              "Bedroom Bed Light"                     (UL_Bedroom, Lights, UL_Bedroom_Lights)    ["Switchable"]    {channel="tplinksmarthome:hs105:UL_Bedroom_Bed_Light:switch"}

After:

Switch    Light_UL_BedroomBedSwitch              "Bedroom Bed Light"                     (UL_Bedroom, Lights, UL_Bedroom_Lights)    { ga="Switch" channel="tplinksmarthome:hs105:UL_Bedroom_Bed_Light:switch"}

Doesn’t seem to make a difference, forced a refresh and tried re-linking through Google Home, still says “no devices were found in your openHAB account”

Giving up for the evening and will attempt to tackle this again tomorrow, hopefully someone can chime in with suggestions. :slight_smile:

Thanks!

I think you need to separate the ga from the channel brackets but I’ve only managed to get some of the key items to work by editing the metadata in the devices in the OH3 UI.

If I get something to work I’ll report back

Right, the ga=“Light”, etc needs to be separated by a , from the rest of the channel
{ channel=“tplinksmarthome:hs105:UL_Bedroom_Bed_Light:switch”, ga=“Light”}

1 Like

While you are doing it adding roomHint puts the device directly into the room
{ channel=“tplinksmarthome:hs105:UL_Bedroom_Bed_Light:switch”, ga=“Light” [roomHint="Bedroom] }

1 Like

Thank you so very much!

It seems the roomHint doesn’t do anything in the Google Home app, although I did as you said (plus a missing quote at the end), then re-linked OpenHAB and it said it found 1 device

Switch    Light_UL_BedroomBedSwitch              "Bedroom Bed Light"                     (UL_Bedroom, Lights, UL_Bedroom_Lights)        { channel="tplinksmarthome:hs105:UL_Bedroom_Bed_Light:switch", ga="Light" [roomHint="Bedroom"] }

Woo! Now to go through and do that with everything else. :slight_smile:

I really appreciate your help, will be nice to have Google integration back again.

It inserted the items into the Rooms in Google for me (but you need to have created the rooms obviously)

That’s strange, I used all the exact room names that I previously did, but yeah, I had to re-add them to each room individually. Maybe because somehow my OpenHAB became unlinked when I tried to re-link it. (It didn’t show up under “Linked Services” under Works with Google, probably because there were no items, when I went to try to link it again before checking the forums here, maybe it cleared things.)

None the less, I really appreciate your help, all 54 devices are now back in the Google Home app and working correctly again. Took awhile to edit all my items files and add them back to their appropriate rooms and such. :slight_smile:

I unlinked too. I ended up using search and replace but, because I followed the advice to use multiple items files, I had to do it 12 times for my 60+ devices.

Just wish I knew what had changed

You need to have strucureHint too (and a ‘,’ which I missed
{ ga=“Light” [structureHint=“Home”, roomHint=“Bedroom 1”] }

Hi,
Im not using items files only paperui on openhab 2.5. This has been bugging me for over a week. Does anyone know how to add the metadata with RESTapi ?
Thanks!