Official Google Assistant Integration for openHAB

I had the same problem
i solved it with a cache clearing in OH and a factory reset of GH

My Blinds are working fine now, but only with voice command.
My thermostats are now also down since the last update of the Google Assistant.
I have no idea why…

I am also a problem.

@rpwong
Yeah I made all the steps, until the Authentication as it’s failing there. I already cleared OH-cache and reinstalled OH completly.

How do you clear the cache in openhab ?

I posted a new issue:

My blinds is working but they are inverted.

I recently implemented a garage door (using Garadget) and linked it to Google Home via myopenhab. I noticed when I told Google to open, it sends value 100 and when I told it to close it sends 0. So I wrote a rule to deal with that and invert the value myself.

The remaining problem is when the garage door is closed, and I asked Google, it would say that it’s open and vice versa, but that’s not a big deal.

@All,

Latest state with fix is deployed. Please test it folks and let me know if it is working fine.

Thanks & BR
Mehmet

1 Like

Hi Mehmet,

Commands open and close works as expected, opening and closing blinds respectively (roller shutters in my case).

But now command set blinds to 100% opens it completely. My understanding, reading docs, is that UP equals 0%, DOWN - 100% - https://www.openhab.org/docs/concepts/items.html#a-note-on-items-which-accept-multiple-state-data-types
It could be, that OH logic is not in line with Google Assistant states https://developers.google.com/actions/smarthome/traits/openclose

Float. [0, 100]. Required. Indicates the percentage that a device is opened where 0 is closed and 100 is fully open.

I can confirm the same behaviour.

Personally I prefer the 100% = open behaviour because it is the same logic of the dimmers (100% = maximum light)

Would it be possible to get the camera function in google home with the IpCamera: New IP Camera Binding binding?
It now supports HLS streaming.

@alex_the2 Sorry to hear you’re still having troubles. I don’t have any suggestions, other than to try setting up a new account on myopenhab. That seems to be the root of the issue.

If that doesn’t work and you can’t find anything else in the forum, I would suggest starting a new topic specifically about your issues getting Google Assistant to authenticate your myopenhab account. Otherwise, you’ll just keep getting lost in the multiple conversations going on in this thread.

I wonder whether binding developers have always implemented the 0 and 100 values consistently. I for example have powerview duette shades. They can move up and down, but they also have a vane setting (rotation). The vertical position obeys the 0 and 100 logic, the vane setting does not.

Anyway, I can work with that in rules. Thanks for all the hard work.

I followed the instructions here in the forum

Hi @MARZIMA,
I still can’t get the thermostats to work correctly. Was this one of the fixes?
Regards.

Mine doesn’t work anymore as well. Whenever I try to accessit, I get an error from google saying openhab is unavailable. My lights don’t have any issues.

I use IFTTT for roller shutters.
Google Assistant >> IFTTT >> Openhab

I just discovered I have problems with thermostat as well. However, it´s a odd problem.

My thermostats works fine in Google Home app, as well as voice command through Google Home mini´s. Only exception is, I can no longer get an respond when asking about the humidity.

However…
I bought a Google Home (nest) Hub the other day. My thermostats do NOT work in the Google nest Hub. I dont get an temperature state/value, and Google nest hub tells me the mode is not supported.

This is my items for one thermostat which had both temperature sensor as well as humdity sensor.

Group g_Stortbad_TSTAT               "Stort Bad Thermostat"                                                                                                                     [ "Thermostat" ]
Number stort_bad_Temperature         "Stort Bad Temperatur [%.1f °C]"                                          <cu_heating> 	(g_Stortbad_TSTAT,Temperatur,gTvaer,gSugeTemp) 	[ "CurrentTemperature" ]   { channel="ihc:controller:elko:stortbad_temperatur_fb" }
Number stort_bad_Tempsetpunkt        "Stort Bad Temperature setpunkt [%.1f °C]"                                <temperature>	(g_Stortbad_TSTAT)                              [ "TargetTemperature" ]	   { channel="ihc:controller:elko:stortbad_temperaturSet_fb", autoupdate="false" }
Switch telestat1_stort_bad           "Stort Bad Telestat [%s]"                                                 <cu_switch>  	(g_Stortbad_TSTAT,gTelestat)                                               { channel="ihc:controller:elko:stortbad_telestat" }
Number    stort_bad_fugt             "Stort Bad Fugtighed [%.0f %%]"                                           <Humidity>       (g_Stortbad_TSTAT,Fugtighed,gHumidityBathRoom) 	[ "CurrentHumidity" ]      { channel="ihc:controller:elko:stortbad_fugtighed" }

I have no idea who to set this up (which mode) to be able to get it to work with Google nest Hub. But I find it rather strange it works fine using the Google Home app, and voice control on a Google Home mini.

EDIT.
Just did a small test, as my settings didn´t have the [ “homekit:HeatingCoolingMode” ] tag. When I insert this an link it to my telestat, (which I believe is the one which should report wether it´s colling or heating (or on/off). Google Home app does no longer work with my thermostat I have inserted this tag to… Google Home app says, the thermostat doesnt respond.

This s my items for the testing: My telestat resports on/off, so I first tried with String. It didn´t work. Then I tried with Number, which didn´t work either, ofcouse… How come there isn´t a switch mode available?.

Group     g_Stortbad_TSTAT           "Stort Bad Thermostat"                                                                                                                     [ "Thermostat" ]
Number    stort_bad_Temperature      "Stort Bad Temperatur [%.1f °C]"                                          <cu_heating> 	(g_Stortbad_TSTAT,Temperatur,gTvaer,gSugeTemp) 	[ "CurrentTemperature" ]   { channel="ihc:controller:elko:stortbad_temperatur_fb" }
Number    stort_bad_Tempsetpunkt     "Stort Bad Temperature setpunkt [%.1f °C]"                                <temperature>	(g_Stortbad_TSTAT)                              [ "TargetTemperature" ]	   { channel="ihc:controller:elko:stortbad_temperaturSet_fb", autoupdate="false" }
Switch    telestat1_stort_bad        "Stort Bad Telestat [%s]"                                                 <cu_switch> 	(g_Stortbad_TSTAT,gTelestat)                                               { channel="ihc:controller:elko:stortbad_telestat" }
DateTime  telestat1_stort_badStamp   "StortBad Telestat ON [%1$tH:%1$tM:%1$tS %1$td.%1$tm.%1$tY]"              <time>           (gTelestatStamp)
Number    stort_bad_fugt             "Stort Bad Fugtighed [%.0f %%]"                                           <Humidity>       (g_Stortbad_TSTAT,Fugtighed,gHumidityBathRoom) 	[ "CurrentHumidity" ]      { channel="ihc:controller:elko:stortbad_fugtighed" }

String    stort_bad_Mode             "Stort Bad Heating/Cooling Mode"                                                           (g_Stortbad_TSTAT)                       [ "homekit:HeatingCoolingMode" ]  { channel="ihc:controller:elko:stortbad_telestat" }