OH2 Z-Wave refactoring and testing... and SECURITY

Hey, how far is it for this change to be merged into the master branch? When is it considered good enough? :slight_smile:

1 Like

At least for the Gen 5 stick there is only one firmware version up to now. I just checked the versions now on 8 different Gen 5 sticks (purchased between 2015 and 2018) and they all have Firmware 3.95 . The Aeon Website also states that there is no firmware update available so far for the Gen 5 stick. So everybody with a Z-Stick Gen 5 definetely has the newest (and only) firmware version.

Yes - I spoke to Aeon about this a month or two back. For some reason they are sticking with very old firmware which is really a shame.

Is it actually possible to update on z-wave devices to update firmware with the ā€œstandardā€ tools that we have with OpenHAB or how would I update, e.g., my Aeon stick if I ever had a firmware file? First time I hear about the possibility. I thought the devices are as-is.

Ok, do other manufacturers have newer firmware? And what is the impact of the old firmware, does it make the Z-Stick Gen5 a bad option nowadays?

No - Iā€™ve not bothered to implement the OTA CC at the moment since there are next to no manufacturers that are making their firmware available. Iā€™ve had discussions with a few of the big players such as Aeon, Qubino and Fibaro, and at this point they are not making them available - you need to use hardware/software that the company provides.

I can see this will change in future, and when one or two of the big players make files available, Iā€™d be happy to implement it.

1 Like

No - Iā€™m not sure if others have newer firmware. I know Aeon do have newer firmware (I have it), but itā€™s not being made available. It means that some of the newer features arenā€™t available.

Not with the OpenHab software, but some manufacturers provide tools for that (unfortunately not all of them). Aeon for instance provides firmware updates for download (however not yet for the Z-Stick Gen5). But I updated all my Multisensor 6 devices (ZW100) with the most recent firmware version 1.11. They provide a tool for Windows to do the updates. If you are using a Z-Stick as your Z-Wave controller you can do it directly with your normal controller over the air (without physically moving or excluding and reincluding the device from the network).

1 Like

Wondering the same :slight_smile:

I guess the answer is the same :wink:

Iā€™ve spent the morning sorting out the merging of the master branch, and itā€™s now ready to go - I plan to do this tomorrow if there are no issues arising between now and thenā€¦

Iā€™ve just updated the binding linked from the top of this thread - hopefully for the last time :smile:. If you spot any new issues, please let me know.

4 Likes

And for reference -:

3 Likes

Iā€™m closing this topic as the development version is now merged into the master branch, and is available through the snapshot binding. If you have any queries, please open a new thread.

6 Likes