OH2 Z-Wave refactoring and testing... and SECURITY

So I assumed these showed up in Bindings with a marketplace in the name. Is there a different way we are supposed to install these? Thanks.

Iā€™ve tried again with the latest binding and the behaviour is almost identical:

• Secure include Fibaro Dimmer 2 as Node 2, delete the added ā€œunknown deviceā€, add back to show correctly/properly added device. Shows security as ā€œYesā€ (different to last time). Configuration parameters shown do not appear to align with device values.

• Restart openhab and stuck ā€œNode Initialising STATIC VALUESā€ for Node 2. Security shown as ā€œNoā€.

Iā€™ve sent you the logs if you could take a look - not sure if I am doing something wrongā€¦

Will do - can I be a pain and ask you to raise it as a ticket on my website - it just makes it easier for me to track rather than filling up my inbox and having them scroll down and get lostā€¦ (note you will need to be registered on the site to use this - it should accept logs up to 20MB).

No problem - Done

Thanks.

Hi Chris, awesome work. I had some time to play around this weekend with this. I have 2 locks, a Kwikset deadbolt and a Yale lever lock (YRL220). The Kwikset paired easily with lock, alarm and battery channels working nicely.

The yale lock has proven to be more difficult. The first issue was the device and type ids were not in the database, this is usually not a problem, but more on that latter. After adding the new ids to the existing yale xml file, things looked ok, habmin showed all green statuses for my thing, but the channels were not working (lock, alarm, battery) nor were any neighbors being reported.

I went ahead and excluded it and attempted to re-add it. The deviceId and deviceType changed! (the manufacturer id is the same) Not sure how thatā€™s possible. I had prematurely uploaded the first attemptā€™s xml file to your website for the Yale lock, I think you should ignore that for now :slight_smile: Below is a screen shot of habmin, eventually I did get neighbors reported. I saved the logs from inclusion if you want me to post to your site. Let me know how I can help!

Sorry for the noob question; but, I moved to the SNAPSHOT build from yesterday (coming from release stable), deleted my Z-Wave binding and controller, then re-added it, and detected all of my ā€œthingsā€. Everything seems ok, but I just tried to include a Kwikset 912 lock, and it detected it with no problem, but in HABmin when I look at the attribute for ā€œusing securityā€ it still just shows a question mark. Mind you, I only included it a few minutes ago.

So, is the experimental Z-Wave binding that supports the security classes the binding Iā€™m running on the latest SNAPSHOT, or do I still have to go through that process of downloading the JAR from 2/28, deleting everything, etc? Sorry if this was already answeredā€¦there are 447 posts in this thread, so I may have missed it.

You need to either download the JAR, or, it should be available in the marketplace (although Iā€™ve not checked this myself). It is certainly not the current snapshot.

I donā€™t see it in the marketplace. I got confused because the binding that shows up with the snapshot says binding-zwave - 2.1.0.SNAPSHOT, and the test binding I downloaded has the same name/version. Sighā€¦ I will delete everything again tonight and start over. Thanks.

I havenā€™t yet found a way to reliably reproduce this issue, but twice now in the last week Iā€™ve gone to control a device and found it non-responsive with the following in the log:

2017-03-22 07:47:59.168 [ERROR] [ing.zwave.handler.ZWaveSerialHandler] - Got I/O exception Input/output error in writeArray during sending. exiting thread.
2017-03-22 07:48:11.168 [ERROR] [ing.zwave.handler.ZWaveSerialHandler] - Got I/O exception Input/output error in writeArray during sending. exiting thread.

And that just repeats until I stop and restart the service. I need to enable debug logs Iā€™d imagine to have this be of any use.

Sure do ;). With a debug log it should be easy to findā€¦

Hi,

I did a fresh install of Openhabian, I tried to put the 2.1.0 binding from this thread in /usr/share/openhab2/addons but it doesnā€™t show in my bindings. What are the steps to make my Schalge Connect Lock to work?

Take a read above -:

Thatā€™s exactly what I did, I only see ZWave 2.0.0 in my bindings

@JPelletier - sounds like you may not have followed one specific part:

This means you need to first startup Openhabian and REMOVE the zwave binding you likely already had installed. Please verify youā€™ve done that before trying to load in the new binding. I donā€™t know much about Openhabian locations, but you may want to verify that is the correct location for adding to be placed - I know this varies for platforms.

Bottom line, if you are seeing the binding show up as v 2.0.0, then you are not getting the plugin loaded properly. I will say, Iā€™m not sure where you are looking, but I donā€™t see in any of the GUI, that the 2.1.0 version shows installed. I see the old 2.0, but it is not installed, and you should not see this installed either if you followed the first step of uninstalling the add-on.

In fact, in PaperUI when I go to Add-ons /Bindings I see Z-Wave 2.0.0 available in the list but itā€™s not installed. Then in karaf console, when I list my bundles I see:

183 | Installed | 80 | 2.1.0.201703151108 | ZWave Binding

But how do I use it now? Itā€™s not available in Configuration ->Bindings

@JPelletier - that sounds more correct. So 2.0 not installed, 2.1 is installed as seen in Karaf. There isnā€™t anything to configure for the binding that Iā€™m aware. I would look at adding a new Thing, and see if ZWave shows up on the list. It should if its working correctly. That will be where you add in the ZWave controller first.

Iā€™d also highly suggest using HABmin vs PaperUI

Iā€™m trying to add the ZWave Controller (Z-Stick Gen 5), but thatā€™s usually in Configuration / Bindings no?

Nope, that will be done when you try to add the first device - it should find your controller and then you will setup that controller first. Once thatā€™s done, subsequent attempts at adding things should show a scan or include message for devices.

From chrisā€™ site: Device Initialisation

This is using HABmin. Of course using PaperUI should work as well, but will look a bit different.