[OH3] Main UI - New „main_widget“ - development and testing [deprecated]

Thanks for reporting, please try again, should be fixed.

Perfect, now installation is working! Thanks a lot

Hi together,

is there already some documentation out there for the main ui cards? I’m struggeling a little bit in setting up the model correctly. I have no appearance of any of my items in the widget. Although the model seems to be set correct due to the fact that all the Location/Equipment/Properties tabs show the correct cards.

So i would like to start in reading the documentation for the main ui widget to get an idea on how to set the model.

Best regards
Stefan

Sorry, but documentation is still on my short list. I hope I can add something until the weekend.

For the rollershutters, doocumentation should be complete including the new time control feature.If something is missing or unclear for that particular widget, please let me know.

@All
I have added Item config desciption to the Lights and RadiatorControl card widgets.

@All

I have just pushe another widget to the marketplace, which was already existing in the FloorsAndRooms card:

The HVAC Widget

Hi @hmerk ,

may I suggest to extend the logic for the [OH3] Main UI - main_widget - part 1 - The main_widget to find “Rooms” from

• (loop.menuArrayRoom.metadata.semantics.value).includes(“Room”)

to

• ( (loop.menuArrayRoom.metadata.semantics.value).includes(“Room”) || loop.menuArrayRoom.metadata.semantics.value).includes(“Corridor”) )

the problem is that “Corridor” as location is only mapped to Location_Indoor_Corridor and not as expected to Location_Indoor_Room_Corridor as it is done e.g. for Location_Indoor_Room_Office.
So all my Corridors are not found,

Thanks for your suggestion, let me check if it might have side effects.

Edit: First test seems to be ok. Will test a bit more and report back.

I need to ask for guidance again…
I installed all new widgets, set up my semantic model like:
Group . Location > House
Group . Location > Floor
Group . Location > Room
Group . Equipment > Lightbulb
and following the documentation for the lights widget, i set up the channels switch and dimmer.
I did not tag any floors or rooms with neither widgetorder nor floor/room/“the floor group”

I created a new page, pasted the yaml from the “main_widget”.
I dont have the channels for the weather card - but that should not break it?

If i test the openPage, i can click the menu, but i dont see the floors nor the rooms. But if i click, i open real rooms and i see the equipment of the room. But i cant see the name of the rooms/floors in the navigation. The red square is my mouse position.

floors

When i edit the openpage, the menu looks like this.

Last but not least, every light is shown three times in the widget, but only one of these lights can controll the real light.

I hope you can understand my writings. And i hope to hear from you.

Cheers
Chris

You need to create floors and rooms in the model, not just an entity “FLOOR” and an entity ROOM.
Please see this screenshot:

So You will have

• Group->Location->GroundFloor
    • Group->Location->LivingRoom
    • Group->Location->Kitchen
  • Group->Location->FirstFloor
    • Group->Location->Bedroom (child)
    • Group->Location->Bath
    • Group->Location–>Bedroom (parents)

and so on…

Thats my model, how is it empty?

Ok, better than youposted earlier.
We need to see the details for one floor, room and an equipment.

Thank you for your response, I made some screenshots. I hope they help you.

Could it be, that you did not set a single floor or room label in your modell.
I only see empty placeholders „Label“.

Yes, it’s still in progress, do I need the labels set? For floor, room and equipment? Or only floor, room? I will try it!

/edit rooms are showing. I go on testing, thank you @hmerk!

Hi @JustinG , @hmerk , @All

I would like to propose a git repository (GitHub or GitLab) instead of posting code snippets - at least the “released” once only into the community pages.

I believe this make collaboration between the involved parties easier and contributions to these great widgets better controllable.

Additionally it would easily be possible to see what changed between two released versions.

I would volunteer to create the public repository in GitHub and copy the current versions of all widgets into it as a start.

Let me talk to our maintainers, perhaps we can setup a repo under the openHAB domain.

1 Like

For floors and rooms, this is mandatory. Equipment will try to get the uiSemantics, otherwise fall back to labels.

Hi all,

a probably wiered question, but how to I get the configuration parameters passed to the weather widget?
e.g. I can’t get the itemPrefix set in the Main-UI.

All items are available and it looks great in the widget editor:

but in the Main-UI the items cannot be found as the itemPrefix seems to be unknown:

Those params are fixed in the home card:

bigCard: true
        dateFormat: true
        itemPrefix: OneCallAPIweatherandforecast_
        locationTitle: =props.locationTitle
        sunIndicator: true

So your item prefix needs to be correct, like in the original widget.