openHAB 2.5.7 release discussion

I saw something similar with ‘sendMail’.

It appears to be a temporary issue because later, sending email does work.

Can you verify that Broadcast notifications are working? If so, I think you can ignore it.

Narrowed it down to ecoBee sensor temperatures. If I remove those Item Links from org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.link.ItemChannelLink.json by hand, I can get items again.

Once I add a link to an ecoBee Sensor Temperature, I don’t get any Items from http://hab:8080/rest/items and the Paper UI breaks around items.

Still working through this, stay tuned.

1 Like

Deleted the Temperature Items and recreated them, that fixed everything.

Looked at the Item json file, no changes to Temperature Items other than the location in the file.

No idea what was going on but it’s fixed now. Whew.

what I wrote in my previous post:

The raspberrypi-kernel package was updated yesterday, resulting in the kernel version to jump from 4.9 to 5.4.

Following Telegram problem here:

2020-07-24 22:45:02.264 [ERROR] [ntime.internal.engine.RuleEngineImpl] - Rule 'Telegram senden, wenn die Alarmanlage unscharf ist': An error occurred during the script execution: Could not invoke method: org.openhab.binding.telegram.bot.TelegramActions.sendTelegram(org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.binding.ThingActions,java.lang.String,java.lang.Object[]) on instance: null

Furthermore there is no access through openhab:8080 to the PaperUI, Basic UI, etc.
App is working wonderfully instead to 2.5.7 --> no eclipse error for the time being

I reboot the Raspberry Pi3 three times but no good result. The last shutdown with power off did it not too.

Related recent post -

I saw this after my post. Different to my problem is that I made an update to the newest version and had the error after a reboot. The TE had it after a shutdown. I am trying to delete the addons.cfg tomorrow and look what happen then.

A fresh install is a possibility too. Clicking the addons and copy the configuration files must be done in minutes…

Thank you for your help.

hm, you are way ahead then.
openhabian here, freshly updated and it identifies like:

uname -r
4.19.66-v7+

Delete, why would that make anything start working?
You could just look in it in the first place, and see what it looks like. There are examples in that thread of what to expect.

Don’t get addons.cfg muddled up with addons.config, the “cached” version.

I think the location of each entry in the json is random anyhow

1 Like

this is normal for me after every upgrade. just wait. it takes a looooong time (10min?) to load everything. and then do another restart. fixes all my problems

1 Like

This was indeed the solution to get my modbus binding working again.

But I also had the clean the cache in between.

Since the update of the deconz binding, the deconz things are updated cyclically every 5 minutes. This can also be seen in the log:

2020-07-26 14:53:51.283 [me.event.ThingUpdatedEvent] - Thing 'deconz:lightsensor:LightlinkPi:HueMotionLightLevel' has been updated.
2020-07-26 14:58:51.369 [me.event.ThingUpdatedEvent] - Thing 'deconz:lightsensor:LightlinkPi:HueMotionLightLevel' has been updated.
2020-07-26 15:03:51.458 [me.event.ThingUpdatedEvent] - Thing 'deconz:lightsensor:LightlinkPi:HueMotionLightLevel' has been updated.
2020-07-26 15:08:51.535 [me.event.ThingUpdatedEvent] - Thing 'deconz:lightsensor:LightlinkPi:HueMotionLightLevel' has been updated.
2020-07-26 15:13:51.598 [me.event.ThingUpdatedEvent] - Thing 'deconz:lightsensor:LightlinkPi:HueMotionLightLevel' has been updated.

I always thought the deconz binding was based on a websocket connection where no pollen is necessary?

I am having some deconz issues also. It is with the hue binding connection. Need to trouble shoot as I updated deconz at the same time by accident. Not sure which piece causing the issue.
The noticeable problem is my “color” and “color temperature” channels seems to not function properly. My config is unchanged only did an update. When I ask my lights to change to warm white the two color bulbs won’t change but all others do.
Thought I would bring this up as maybe someone else has seen this also.

Unfortunately a new feature has been introduced which seems to cause this issue. I have created a PR to fix it. Can you try https://janessa.me/esh/org.openhab.binding.deconz-2.5.8-SNAPSHOT.jar?

1 Like

@J-N-K I can try the snapshot. Thanks

It’s working fine again. Also the reachable status of things works correctly again, so that a correct on/off thing status is displayed. Thanks a lot!

1 Like

any idea when it will be available? Just asking…

Can someone tell me why is there a file named openhab-addons-2.5.7.kar 192MB size in the /usr/share/openhab2/addons directory?

This seems to have appeared after I updated from openhab 2.5.6 to 2.5.7-1 (a few hours ago).

EDIT:
If I remove the file, all my UI´s stops working.

That file contains all the add-ons. If you open it with a Zip program you will see all the add-ons that openHAB supports as part of the distro. I think it get’s put there when installing openhab-addons which makes them available for offline installation. I’m not surprised that deleting it causes everything to stop working as everything is uninstalled.

I can’t comment on how/why it appeared now.