openHAB 3.0 Milestone 3 discussion

I guess everyone is right in their own way…

It seems to be correct that a binding jar dropped in addons does (secretly) load itself.
It seems to be correct that it is not visible in the UI as having been so loaded.

In other words, the same behaviour as openHAB2

I’m running OH 2.5.10. All my things / items / rules / etc are defined in the conf folder (none in the UI). The only V1 binding I’m using is expire.

Today I’ve installed 3.0.0.M3 and copied the entire conf folder from OH2 to OH3. It seems to work. Now I have to test all the rules but initial impact is very positive.

1 Like

Hello @ysc,

I am using an iPad Pro, but I can not activate the sidebar. I have reloaded the app but without luck. Is there anything I have to do to activate it?

Regards

Johannes

I had to purge the cache after update to oh3 m3. Open „Help & About“ and scroll down. Press the button „Purge cache and reload“

1 Like

Yes, that might be it, I forgot about that - the UI caches itself very aggressively especially if it’s in “progressive web app” mode (over HTTPS) to avoid re-downloading everything if you’re using it over the internet like on myopenhab.org. You can purge the cache in the About page. Thanks @buschif4!

i have an dimmer item with min val 1 and max val 254, in the gui the slider also changes to 254 as latest value, but the value will be send at the point 100, after that no value will send. maybe its good if there is an seperate option to set the value in % for the slider, that i can set it from 1-100 and behind that 100% is the value 254, or is this currently possible?

Are you talking about the button “Reload the App”, I have tried it son many times without any luck…

You are on the right page. But ther is not only the reload button. There is also a „Purge Caches and Refresh“ button. Use this one

Not with Safari I think…

This is strange. I see it in Safari. Maybe you can clear your safari cache?

So I have these groups in a .items file

//
// House model
//

Group  Home "Casa Aveiro"

Group  gIN "Interior" <building> (Home) ["Indoor"]
Group  gCasa "Habitação" (gIN) ["Building"]

Group  GF "R/C" <groundfloor> (gCasa) ["GroundFloor"]
Group  GF_Kitchen "Cozinha" <kitchen> (GF) ["Kitchen"]
Group  GF_LivingDining "Sala" <sofa> (GF) ["LivingRoom"]
Group  GF_Office "Escritório" <office> (GF) ["Office"]

Group  FF "Primeiro andar" <firstfloor> (gCasa) ["FirstFloor"]
Group  FF_MasterBedroom "Suite" <bedroom_red> (FF) ["Bedroom"]
Group  FF_Bathroom "Casa de banho social" <bath> (FF) ["Bathroom"]

Group  AT "Sótão" <attic> (gCasa)
Group  AT_Attic "Sótão" <attic> (AT)

Group  AN "Anexo" <garage_detached> (gIN)
Group  AN_Garage "Garagem" <garage> (AN)
Group  AN_Cellar "Cave" <cellar> (AN)

Group  OU "Exterior" <garden> (Home) ["Outdoor"]
Group  OU_Terrace "Quintal" <terrace> (OU) ["Terrace"]
Group  OU_Outside "Jardim" <garden> (OU) ["Outside"]

OH3 generates a model but with some problems:

1. Groups OU_Outside and AT do not appear
  2. Group gIN is not included in Home

Nothing changed, I have cleared the cache through the iOS settings, but with the same result.

Hi Bruce,
I plan to do exactly the same …keep OH2 and migrate stuff over to OH3. Current OH2 is also a docker in the ubuntu VM, and plan to create a OH3 docker in the same VM too.
If you can, do share how you do this.

regards

Dimmer Items only accept values between 0-100, but if the device takes 1-254 it’s up to the binding to make that conversion. If it doesn’t do that correctly you should file an issue so it can be corrected.

Edit: noticed it was an mqtt-channel, so it’s not a binding issue. Change it to a Number channel and Item.

The button only appears when there’s caching, so that rules this out as a reason.

If it is a mqtt channel your could apply an incoming and out going transformation. So you could use the Dimmer item and the mqtt side gets its values.

1 Like

The MQTT binding can do the scaling for you, just set the min and max values for the channel and link it to a dimmer. 0-100 on the dimmer is scaled to 1-254 on the channel.

2 Likes

You wrote that we should link to a dimmer item. Does taht mean the mqtt channel is of type number and the item of typ dimmer?

Use the dimmer Channel type too, something like (from a bulb connected via zigbee2mqtt):

Type dimmer:dimmer "Dimmer" [
	stateTopic="zigbee2mqtt/swPorchLight/brightness",
	commandTopic="zigbee2mqtt/swPorchLight/set/brightness", 
	min=0, 
	max=255, 
	step=1
]

Or like this for a Tasmota device:

Type dimmer:dimmer "Dimmer" [
	stateTopic="stat/swRGB1/RESULT",
	commandTopic="cmnd/swRGB1/DIMMER",
	transformationPattern="REGEX:(.*Dimmer.*)∩JSONPATH:$.Dimmer"
]

(Looking back, I’m not sure if the min, max and step are needed in the zigbee2mqtt config, but I haven’t tested without…!)

@Dibbler42 I think it works with either dimmer or number for item or channel. As long as you define min/max on the channel and (if the item is a number) you put the min/max in the state description (OH3 you can do this in metadata, but it sure about OH2) it works.