openHAB 3.0 Milestone 3 discussion

Yes

I’m afraid it produces the same error. Will try Regex instead.

Edit: if (lines.size('\n') > 6) should be if (lines.length > 6)

Hi,

had some issues updating to milestone 3 (from m2) - so i basically did a fresh install. One problem - all my zwave nodes won’t initialize (no xml file created). Do you know if there is anything (a flag, file) to delete or how to reinforce the initalization? All nodes are found when adding them (node 4, node 5…) but no update (manufacturerer etc.) takes place. Only one xml file for the controller exists.

Regards,
Herbert

Edit - [SOLVED] No access to USB zwave stick was the solution, don’t know why it was necessary this time…

People please stay on topic and do not post all of your personal issues with M3 into this thread but open new ones.

That being said, @Z0l you (like me) might suffer from this still open issue:

EDIT: @kai could you add a “OH3 migration” category to “Setup, Installation and Use” please ?

4 Likes

Hi,

great job, m3 comes with some very powerfull features, especially the developer sidebar.

I have some thoughts, which can make the user experience greater:

• I love the Event-Monitor, perhaps it is possible to add also a Log-Monitor?
  • Things, Rules, Scripts and Schedules have an alphabet picker. I have over 500 items, so an alphabet picker for items would help a lot
  • Changing the sort order of the items (by Text, by Name) would be great
  • The code view for Rules, Pages and Things is a great feature for guys who loved the configuration files in OH2. It combines the power of fast editing and accessability by the web ui. It would be great, if there could be a code view for items to.
  • The code view will be much more powerfull, if one could switch from the collection overview (of rules / things / maybe items) to code view with all the elements of the collection in it (to have the possibility of search & replace in all rules, for example).
  • A feature for adding Rules from Textual Definition like the one for items would be helpfull

Greetings
Guido

It would be cool, if one could really import the text files for items and rules into the UI config.
At the moment, they show up but are not fully editable.

Mhhhhh, is there anybody using the developer sidebar on the iPad?

Hello,

I don’t know if this is the right place.
Started to learn the new version 3 before migrating from 2.5.

The design looks good and happy for the most part so part.

I think only that there is a missed opportunity on two things.

1. The web access is still without SSL support. This would have been nice (maybe with Let’s Encrypt integration?)
  2. Yes, we have secured the configuration with and admin accoutn, but for viewing it’s still open.
    Would be nice to extend the security to put everything behind a login.

I hope these options will be considerd and added at a later time.
Keep up the good work!

Regards,
Edwin

What is the benefit of using SSL support within you local network ??

OH2 has always has SSL support using port 8443. Has that been removed for OH3?

Sorry, my bad.
This is correct, I forgot because I’m using nginx proxy so I could get secure access with authentication.

But maybe an option to auto redirect to https could still be nice.

@hmerk:
I accessing it also remotely so that’s why.

If using remotely, you should use your nginx proxy, still no need for SSL internally or use myopenHAB.

1 Like

Of course SSL over port 8443 was not removed!

2 Likes

delivering Let’s Encrypt certificates for your local instance would be an awesome myopenhab/OH Cloud feature.

I use Let’s Encrypt with the nginx proxy

What’s the command to upgrade from M2 to M3 without going to M4?

That depends a lot on how you installed. I was able to just specify the Docker tag for M3.

I installed by upgrading OH2.5 via the instructions on the first M1 thread. Not even sure what commands I used lol

What OS? Debian based is different than RedHat based when specifying a particular version.

Ubuntu 20.04

1 Like