openHAB 3.4 Milestone discussion

Thanks @daniel_f, I have now added those libs to our Artifactory.

1 Like

Just updated to M2 today, and now on every restart I am seeing 40 or 50 “Added new thing ‘…’ to inbox.” messages in my log. And even if I mark the things as ignored, they still reappear in the next restart. The issue relates to all of my bindings so it is not a binding issue but rather a core issue.

Just updated to M2 on Windows 10 and once again (as I recall same happned on M1) my org.ops4j.pax.logging.cfg file was blank, so no logging etc working.
Changed to:

org.ops4j.pax.logging.log4j2.config.file=${karaf.etc}/log4j2.xml

and back working.

Also had to follow the new steps to authorize Google Cloud TTS

I just tried M2 (using a docker container) and got the following error. It seems that the bindings cannot be installed with the new version. I went back to M1 and it worked fine.

2022-09-16 10:13:26.706 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing ‘openhab-binding-meteoalerte, openhab-persistence-mapdb, openhab-binding-exec, openhab-binding-deconz, openhab-misc-openhabcloud, openhab-binding-network, openhab-ui-habpanel, openhab-binding-linky, openhab-binding-shelly, openhab-binding-mqtt, openhab-binding-ipcamera, openhab-binding-systeminfo, openhab-transformation-scale, openhab-binding-upnpcontrol, openhab-binding-networkupstools, openhab-transformation-regex, openhab-transformation-jsonpath, openhab-binding-zwave, openhab-automation-groovyscripting, openhab-transformation-xpath, openhab-binding-hpprinter, openhab-persistence-rrd4j, openhab-ui-basic, openhab-binding-ntp, openhab-misc-homekit, openhab-binding-openweathermap, openhab-binding-http, openhab-binding-astro, openhab-binding-gpstracker, openhab-binding-sncf’: null

I installed M2 on a rpi4 without docker and it worked fine. Would it be due to the containerized version of OpenHAB M2 ?

Are you importing the addon files directly or having openhab download them? If you are not trying to load them by file, it probably is related to the jfrog issue. Check the thread for the file location if needed.

Thanks for the answer. I let openhab to download the bindings. The jfrog issue is the one mentioned here ? :

If yes, I just need to wait until it is solved.

yes that is the issue I was mentioning. There is a bigger thread too here:

https://community.openhab.org/t/jfrog-repo-is-down-cant-install-oh-nor-add-ons/138887

Not sure how long it will take for jfrog to repair the issue but we all need to wait.

Good to know. M1 works fine so I am not so eager to test M2.

1 Like

After Updating to M2 all my Bindings seem to be uninstalled and i cant install them anymore… going back to M1 doesnt solve the issue and my bindings are also there missing.

Only one binding manually installed with a .jar file is working.

in the console there are just core bundles listed (and the one manually installed .jar)

I dont know how to reinstall my bindings :confused:

using docker

my openhab log gives me this error from time to time:

2022-09-16 16:45:16.265 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing ‘openhab-binding-tr064, openhab-binding-hue, openhab-persistence-mapdb, openhab-binding-wled, openhab-misc-openhabcloud, openhab-binding-tplinksmarthome, openhab-transformation-javascript, openhab-binding-network, openhab-binding-spotify, openhab-persistence-influxdb, openhab-ui-habpanel, openhab-binding-denonmarantz, openhab-transformation-jsonpath, openhab-binding-miio, openhab-binding-shelly, openhab-binding-mqtt, openhab-persistence-rrd4j, openhab-transformation-map, openhab-ui-basic, openhab-binding-http, openhab-binding-systeminfo’: Error:

Error downloading mvn:org.openhab.addons.bundles/org.openhab.persistence.mapdb/3.4.0.M2

Seems to be related to jfrog repo is down.

I’d like to push all Smartmeter Add-On related topic for the next release.
There are a few open points on the bug tracker of Github:

The strangest thing is, that it was working perfectly until the end of 2020 - after that, there were a few changes made. Afterwards many users claim a connectivity error with their smart meter.
Actually I read-in all smartmeter things via USB and Node-Red. But I expect this as a central function inside a modern Openhab.

Moreover I’d like to start the discussion about integration of Viessmann viCare. All other smart home systems (ioBroker, Home Assistant) have the possibility to read-out and change parameters and live data of their heating unit.

How can I push these topics?

Hi there,

The Viessmann API binding I just released supports readout of data, I have not yet implemented write access (mainly because the ViCare app is sufficient for my own needs) but it may be in a forthcoming release especially if people ask for it.

I think there may also be another binding (SmartHome/J ??) that supports the API but I started this one before I discovered it and have not tried it.

I don’t support all the features yet as I only have a relatively simple heating setup but if there are people who have feature requests and are willing to test them out I am interested in hearing about them.

https://docs.smarthomej.org/3.1.9/org.smarthomej.binding.viessmann.html

So I assume this was with OH2.x?
I also had problems with OH3 and the smartmeter-Binding. But since 3.3 everything works pretty good.
There were recently some changes done. See here:

There are some open issues on github, but they are all pretty old. So what problems are you facing?

Also the viessmann binding from smarthomej works very well.

I spotted a reproducible regression in M2. The Z-Wave binding is installed but not visible anymore in MainUI (in the console is shows up fine.) I suspect some additional effects as many links from zwave things to items disappeared.

Most visible error is that a new zwave thing cannot be selected anymore through the UI as zwave is not listed anymore in the “Choose Binding” menu. This can be circumvented however by typing “serverip:8080/settings/things/add/zwave” manually in the URL bar.

Perhaps I should report this on github, however I am not sure against which part of the code to report this bug (UI/Z-Wave/??).

It was fixed 6 days ago (PR #1805 reverting PR #1798)

1 Like

3.4.0.M3 - github only contains the source code, not the compiled files, so I can’t install

Tried to update my Windows 10 Install via Power Shell. Script however errors and closes the Power Shell Windows.

Was however able to capture the following:

Seems script cannot find the Milestone Build?

@moody_blue & @Mark_VG Please try again, the files are now also on Github. Sorry, I still have to get used to having to upload them there as well…

2 Likes